BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

This is shocking. Any chance of playoff have now gone. 

Said before passing about from the back is good if you have quality players. 2 nil down and still passing around with no where to go. Did I see JDT screaming at his player? NO!!

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Rathbone has taken the absolute piss here. 

They have us pinned in our box, truly embarrassing performance. Thank god we have the Liverpool wonderboy 

We have to start a match without him sometime soon surely. Slows everything down painfully. No wonder we rank so low in the league in chances created (shots, xG etc)

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Wheres the quality In the Rotherham team? Yet Taylor has them fighting like dogs. That's the basic thing u can ask for

It also helps that they've scored a couple of lucky goals. They've had two shots and scored.

And let's not forget where Rotherham are. I wouldn't be praising their model much.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

As annoyed I am at how spineless we’ve been, I will say that JRC has been pretty good again at right back.

Not that much use when you’re 0-2 down against the worst team in the league, but I’ll take any crumb of positive at this stage.

Personally think his distribution has been very poor today, but he's showing signs of life as a backup player at least. 

• Like 1

Generally, Norwich excepted, the opposition wants it, and we don't.

JDT literally w*nking over the possession stats, even when 2 nil down. 

We don't generally create chances, so it doesn't matter who we put on up front. 

We don't particularly want or need to win, so there is no urgency to do so. 

2 nil down and very few thoughts about getting into their box. 

Any thoughts on why we are so uninterested in shooting? 

Towards the opposition goal?

I'm literally sat here watching us stroke the ball around in our own half for a minute or so, before knocking it long to their keeper, or out of play.

'Just keep the ball', shouts JDT.

Literally no plans to shoot, and we know what that means....

Please defend this approach, someone.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

well we will fall down the league then,so much for ambition and a new era

Agreed.

The ambition for the club is to get academy players into the first team and sell them for good money. Blood a new batch and do the same. 

GB has already stated that signing a more experienced player, on good money, on a 3 year deal, wasn't an option because it would block the young players in our team.

He also mentioned the cost of running the academy is going to be around £4m per year, so assume we need to cover that cost through sales as well.

Winning football matches? Secondary I guess.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, booth said:

Some embarassing comments on here today. Rotherham have scored two goals the like of which they'll probably never score this season, the second was questionable. Our top scorer is out along with three other players. Our only striker is Gallagher, a player that's often overrated by fans but in reality has never been any good. We're that threadbare we're playing youth players.

If this team runs out every week we're down the bottom.

Gallagher misses, Hedges misses, Dack misses. Managers fault.

nothing embarrassing  other than the performance and the pretence of the manager (again) Its rinse repeat all the same  , regardless  of brereton being out  , who recently has not really made much of an impact either there is no drive  or leader on the pitch - Dack trys to speed things up and get the ball moving but the rest are just so pedestrian and the play is so boring and predictable .. rinse repeat.

• Like 4

Just now, davulsukur said:

Agreed.

The ambition for the club is to get academy players into the first team and sell them for good money. Blood a new batch and do the same. 

GB has already stated that signing a more experienced player, on good money, on a 3 year deal, wasn't an option because it would block the young players in our team.

He also mentioned the cost of running the academy is going to be around £4m, so assume we need to cover that cost through sales as well.

Winning football matches? Secondary I guess.

if we ar`nt winning football matches the players value will go down,thats a daft theory by broughton

• Like 1

Not looking good. No passion (Dolan and Dack excepted), no vision, no urgency, no spirit, no cohesion, no chance of getting back into this as it stands. Bafflingly bad.

3 minutes ago, Irish_Rover said:

Also Rotherham showing that with a bit of organization, passion and fight you can go a long way. At the very least beat our bunch of spineless tools anyway. The holiday camp setup by Mowbray continues under JDT it seems

Lol they're in 19th after this win. 'Go a long way' is generous in the extreme!