BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

I agree - and I’m equally as crushed. People might think the plan is insanity, but it looks clear as day to me. They’re plugging gaps, developing the younger players and planning for 3 years down the line. 

But where in that plan do you put Gallagher on the wing instead of Dolan or Markanday. And where in that plan do you keep playing passes in your own half instead of clearing your lines. And where in that plan do you refuse to change at half time when it’s clear as day Gally is having a shocker.

I get the bigger picture, but todays performance and result is down to JDT making bad choices and also not being able to get the team to match the application of the opposition. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

3 years down the line any good players we bring through will be sold for a profit and Gregg and JDT will be patting themselves on the back for a job well done.

That is exactly the plan. It's been said several times already, bring players like Garrett, Phillips and Wharton into the first team and sell them for good money. The aim is to be "self sustainable". 

This isn't a class of 92, we are developing them to sell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Looks like you've bought into the "project" mantra hook, line and sinker.

Speaking personally, I'm fed up with projects because they have a habit of never delivering

There's no reason to believe Tomasson is any better than our previous project managers

So what’s the solution? And you can’t say “go out and get XYZ to get us over the line this season” because that clearly isn’t viable. 

Any manager has to deal with a squad that has huge holes and question marks against it. It’s not changing overnight. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I’m not sure. I was at the Oldham game, we were inept and that felt like rock bottom just before we turned the corner. To hardly land a glove in a team 19th in league one. 

However, the fact we are debating this speaks volumes.

We only lost 1-0 at the death and Bennett missed a chance my mum could have scored ( she’s 92 ). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, booth said:

I've been watching Gallagher for long enough, and enough glimpses of Vale to know we'd struggle to score today.

Seeing two kids in midfield also gave it away for me.

I feel sorry for you if you walked into that one without realising what you were getting into.

Gallagher has had some good performances under JDT but as we know and he will well know by now in most games he offers zero goal threat starting in the positions he does.

He's a ten goal a season forward not Chris Brown but like any other bug dolloper if he isn't played in a position to be served with chances you might as well play the reserve keeper there.

Switched off at 2 down.  What a waste if space Gallagher is.  Killed every forward foray.  In 58 years of loving Rovers I have never felt less interested, it's all beginning to look like a failed experiment.  We are dire to watch after these promises of pressing and fluid forward motion, anyone seen it.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Selling good players for profit is the model? Since when, thought we just let them bugger off for nowt?

Again, hopefully under the new model this changes. 

Ben wasn’t sold in the summer, hopefully because they realised without him we’d be as shit as we were today and wouldn’t have time to replace him.

I’d be on the phone to every single club that have ever enquired offering him for £8M this evening if I was in charge before he signs for Villarreal for free and we have to watch Gallagher and Vale every week as his replacement due to having no funds. 

…but you could be right. It could all be the latest fuck up by Venkys. We’ll find out soon. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

So what’s the solution? And you can’t say “go out and get XYZ to get us over the line this season” because that clearly isn’t viable. 

Stop playing Gallagher out wide. Get a better striker than those two on loan. Stop passing around at the back for the sake of it. Get the team committed and matching the opposition for effort and controlled aggression in the middle of the park.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Two chances of that I'd say...he can't believe his luck I'd say. Nice cushy manager job in England with little to no pressure. Nice salary and zero expected of him, good old laugh on the bench today and a carefree attitude. Struggles to even fake caring in interviews these days. Like alot if our recent managers they will milk this gig til the cows come home and who could blame them?

Once the funds don't come and rightly or wrongly they can't improve the squad and they realise their stock or appeal is quite low, it's bunker down, cozy up to the owners once or twice a year and prop up the pension fund. Lovely jubbly.

Agree to disagree - he's an ambitious manager, he'll be off. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hasta said:

Stop playing Gallagher out wide. Get a better striker than those two on loan. Stop passing around at the back for the sake of it. Get the team committed and matching the opposition for effort and controlled aggression in the middle of the park.  

Get somebody better so you can stop playing Gallagher.

He's played him through the middle for quite a while now and he's spurned chance after chance. That mis-control today when clean through on goal was criminal.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was at the Oldham game, this was much worse.

Mowbray changed things after that, he also changed things after he felt the heat in the first game of that season at Ewood.

This mon won't because he doesn't know how to all we hope for is some kind of reaction from the players and a goal from Brereton.  Can't see that arriving before the Wigan game at home if i'm honest.

4 hours ago, BigBar said:

I don't take that away from his comments or interviews...say that then. I think he thinks he can bring these same players to a higher level due to his brilliance that you or I couldn't begin to understand.

I think that, too. And for evidence, I'd offer Bradley Dack, who, despite being regularly omitted from the first eleven names on teamsheets (despite many of us on here wondering why) before the World Cup break, has been much more in favour since the resumption of League football.

Perhaps JDT feels that Dack's - at last? - "got the message"??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Gallagher has had some good performances under JDT but as we know and he will well know by now in most games he offers zero goal threat starting in the positions he does.

He's a ten goal a season forward not Chris Brown but like any other bug dolloper if he isn't played in a position to be served with chances you might as well play the reserve keeper there.

For a team with any aspirations of being promoted, Gallagher shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

He did have a decent chance today and fluffed it so I don't know how playing him as a number 9 would help things. He'd still miss more than he hits. He'd just miss more often.

Sounds ludicrous but with better forwards we win that in the first half today. Same as Boro.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R0verb0y said:

Perhaps JDT feels that Dack's - at last? - "got the message"??

Or JDT has realised he was wrong to not play him as he’s better than what he has. I suspect the truth is in the middle.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Hasta I agree on all points - although if you don’t play Gallagher out wide where he does at least have some benefits (can run for 90 mins, can press, can be direct, happy to track back) then you can’t play him at all because he’s not a good striker. 

I just don’t think he’s as many options as a lot of you all do. The majority of the first team players and the majority of the squad are not good enough and he doesn’t have the funds to replace them all. So his only option is to develop our players, which takes time and replace the ones that can’t be developed over time with better ones… which takes time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

The stuff on the field and some of the things he says don't back that up.

He's not going to publicly lambast the players or his boss. I'm sure he's less than happy with how things are going transfer wise right now - 14 days and 3 games into the window and all we've done is let Hirst go and line up loans for Edun and Brown. 

The plan is there, I see it.

however if the manager does not succeed, plan needs to adapt and you get another manager who fits into your model, aka leeds (Marshe isn’t working but they will get someone else who does).

Today was a joke, we need a couple of proper ‘men’- central midfield being one and centre half being the other, this team has no backbone. Plenty of talent but you can slice through us. 

Not JDT out yet- but a firm waiting for a drastic improvement by Easter and then I make a decision.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Or JDT has realised he was wrong to not play him as he’s better than what he has. I suspect the truth is in the middle.

Much like Markanday now, he's earned the right to play in training so he's seeing more game time. Markanday will feature much more now - he was ghosting past Rotherham players today. 

1 minute ago, imy9 said:

however if the manager does not succeed, plan needs to adapt and you get another manager who fits into your model, aka leeds (Marshe isn’t working but they will get someone else who does).

Today was a joke, we need a couple of proper ‘men’- central midfield being one and centre half being the other, this team has no backbone. Plenty of talent but you can slice through us. 

Not JDT out yet- but a firm waiting for a drastic improvement by Easter and then I make a decision.

Or just someone that puts one of our four golden chances today in the back of the net. 

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Hasta I agree on all points - although if you don’t play Gallagher out wide where he does at least have some benefits (can run for 90 mins, can press, can be direct, happy to track back) then you can’t play him at all because he’s not a good striker. 

I just don’t think he’s as many options as a lot of you all do. The majority of the first team players and the majority of the squad are not good enough.

I agree, but a good manager gets the best out of what he has got. I feel JDT doesn’t as he insists that the squad he has must play a certain way to their detriment. The problem is bigger than JDT and GB. But we needed to get lucky with a manager who can get the most out of the academy and what he has by playing to their strengths. We currently are bending limited players to a style which doesn’t help them 

This is masked by our league position and our win record. But anyone watching the games knows full well that every game we lose we deserve to, but several  of the wins  have been games which could have gone either way. And now the tide is turning on results.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, imy9 said:

We need to start by selling Brereton and giving the cash to the manager.

If only Carlsberg did football owners….

• Like 3