BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 21/1/23

Just now, booth said:

Tomasson rates Vale?

Gallagher or Vale, which would you use?

There are only wrong answers to that question.

Brereton down the middle or Dolan, in the absence of a striker so far this window and a horrendous attempt at signing one in the summer.

If I had to pick between the 2, and I agree it is a terrible choice, Gallagher would score goals in League 2/The Conference so him.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Brereton down the middle or Dolan, in the absence of a striker so far this window and a horrendous attempt at signing one in the summer.

If I had to pick between the 2, and I agree it is a terrible choice, Gallagher would score goals in League 2/The Conference so him.

And you're still wrong.

Square pegs in round holes again. The team isn't good enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, goozburger said:

A decent first draw of the season, all things considered.

Thought it was set in stone for us when both centre-backs got yellow cards in the first-half. No room for risks, and although Wharton got away with one or two, Ayala couldn't get away with that one.

No worries. Up to 4th, saw a good resilience about us, and we'll hopefully have a few new faces in the building for the next league game at home against the Pie Eaters.

What couldn't Ayala get away with, exactly? The only person that could possibly have been booked from that altercation is Wells for a dive. 

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I lost my stream with 5 minutes to go so am delighted it ended with us getting something.

Poor game, 2 very average teams.

Pleased for Dack.

We did so well when we went down to 9. Diaz may as well stayed at home and done the bottle feeds.

His heads elsewhere. Drop him.

• Like 2

The Bristol games have been abberations this season. The first match is still, I believe, the only game we have scored a goal after going behind (and did it twice in the game at that, both times when two goals behind), and now this one is our first draw of the season, deep into January.

Just now, bluebruce said:

The Bristol games have been abberations this season. The first match is still, I believe, the only game we have scored a goal after going behind (and did it twice in the game at that, both times when two goals behind), and now this one is our first draw of the season, deep into January.

That was a grim game.

8 minutes ago, booth said:

We're a team with plenty of poor players, a few good supporting players but not enough star players.

Signing a CM and a number 9  is crucial. Preferably two of each.

If you want to highlight a particular passage of play that shows this lack of quality it's in the second half when Hedges was played through on the right hand side... only he didn't have the pace to beat the CB so had to cut back inside (and wasted the chance). When your starting IF doesn't have the pace to run a CB you're in trouble. 

He's one of our best players, but only a role player in a good side imo. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Needs a run of games for mine. Again I think there's a very good player in there, but you're not going to get the best out of him if you keep dropping him out of the side (or the ref drops him out of the side for serious foul play 🙄) - he's genuinely no worse than Morton. 

He's had a run of games multiple times. What's with the excuses? Is it beyond the realm of possibility that even if he is in and out the team that he doesn't put in piss poor performances when he does play. It's unacceptable.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would Gallagher score more goals in L2 than he would in the Championship? His striking technique is atrocious and his instincts are non-existent... which is why I ask the question. 

He's basically an athletic footballer that puts in a shift and occasionally catches one right. 

As poor as we played, put the point in the bag and move on. Hard to see where the goals are going to come from. Ben off for the better half of a month and that’s before committing to another side. Vale isn’t at this level and we all know Sam’s limitations. Happy for Dacky but he’s not going to carry the load the rest of the way. We need a proper center forward in the worst way.  

Also obvious we need a more attacking central midfielder. Morton, Bucko, Trav and Garret all suited to be in a deeper role. 

Thought Wharton did well for being out of favor for a while. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

It's poor stuff isn't it, but I was expecting a lot worse this season.

The get out of this league we need a huge slice of luck by managing to sign an outstanding manager / coach and so far that doesn't look to be the case.

Well part of being an outstanding manager / coach is bringing in your own players. 

It's a big window for Broughton - let's see what happens. Sir Alex Ferguson would struggle to get a tune out of this team.

19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The Project achieves a draw - a noteworthy event this season. 

I also note that Joe Rothwell, a former member of the previous failed Project, started for fourth division Bournemouth today

We're nowhere near good enough to sustain a playoff challenge. The team desperately needs some better players

Along with a proper manager...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

He's had a run of games multiple times. What's with the excuses? Is it beyond the realm of possibility that even if he is in and out the team that he doesn't put in piss poor performances when he does play. It's unacceptable.

Buckley is suited to play further forward…. I’d still have him starting over anyone else we have in the centre of the park that’s fit. We need A Wharton back & fit.

• Like 2