BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham FA Cup 4th Round replay - 31/1/23

Feels like a loss, we will no doubt get beat in the replay and the same against an up for it Wigan. 
Second half was better from us however, like the whole of the season has been, we just give away so many errors, & look so disjointed. We need at least 6 new players if we want to compete.

Dack & Dolan & Costello played really well and then that’s about it. Kaminksi I have no words for, maybe pears for the next game, Diaz needs dropping and Gallagher needs to be sold in the summer. I hear Boro fans rate him as he only seems to turn up against them, sell him at whatever they offer please.

44 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Don’t want to speak too soon but I believe Hayden Carter is unfairly underrated on here. Grown into his size and is an assured player now at 22/23 years old.

On current form should be 3rd choice.i like him. Wharton has been a bit of a liability recently, not sure what's happened to him.

14 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

When you’ve got what appears to be a tin pot player like Morton on the team sheet every week it gives us problems on the pitch but….for me it illuminates in massive letters just where we are as a club….buggered ! 
Very dark days when we’re being bullied or dictated to by a Premier League club…how we have fallen and the bigger  sadness is… nobody cares 

It was quite noticeable in the Broughton podcast that he said the "main thing" about the Morton transfer was that Liverpool were up for it, very much creating the impression that all he was concerned about was keeping them happy rather than what might be best for BRFC.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There are several players now, not for the first time recently, playing like they don't want to be here anymore.

Shockingly going backwards under this danish pastry.

Nothing to do with JDT, apart from Morton not going off which must be contractual. The players didn't play like they didn't want to be here, they just heard an imaginary final whistle and switched off. Before that Brereton should have made it 3.

If Gallagher went any further backwards he'd reverse time.

Morton needs to be sent back to Liverpool.

Waggott needs to explain why we didn't sell BBD so we could replace the dross.

It's a shame Dack seems to be back but the players around him are letting the side down.

• Like 2

Today we continued to see just  how many players have regressed since the appointment of JDT. 

Kaminski   Wharton   Buckley   Travis    Brererton    Gallagher    Ayala 

We continue to see just what a bad bit of business we did with Liverpool with Morton…and the shocking loans of Hirst and Mola 

and we have Broughton and Waggott at the wheel …come on you positive posters …explain to me where we’re going 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There are several players now, not for the first time recently, playing like they don't want to be here anymore.

Shockingly going backwards under this danish pastry.

Suggests he's lost the dressing room?

Not difficult to think we lose at Brum (will JDT go with the team or will he be ensconced in Brockhall trying to close deals on last day of window !?!?!?) and Wigan, fired up by a new management team, do us on our own 'paddy field' next Saturday.

Think the sh1t really is about to hit the fan.

24 minutes ago, neophox said:

The problem with Breo is that he needs to sort his future... you can see it clearly...

Maybe time to give Pears a chance....although he had a stinker at Wigan last season in the cup and we play them next game.

Rankin-Costello seem to be our biggest threat going forward.

He's signed a pre-season contract with Spanish club so his head should be sorted. He was hugging left side with no brum near him for long periods in second half but no one wanted to give him the ball. We had good opportunities in second half to finish game off but it's JDTs policy to pass the ball around so we missed out. Costly draw.

Can we not sell Gally. Fiver anyone??

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Not difficult to think we lose at Brum (will JDT go with the team or will he be ensconced in Brockhall trying to close deals on last day of window !?!?!?) and Wigan, fired up by a new management team, do us on our own 'paddy field' next Saturday.

The end of the world part 342. 

• Like 2

kevin gallagher on radio lancs summed it up perfectly

trying to play like man city is always likely to concede goals at our level

on a player note

buckley played well as did dolan,dack and rankin costello,carter and wharton were ok,if morton ever gets in liverpools first team i will climb up india mill in darwen with a flag stating my apology for calling him a useless pillock who keeps losing the ball in his own half

i don`t think the project will work until jdt realises the limitations of his players

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I don't know about a lost dressing room but to me i think it's been clear a while quite a few of them don't buy into it and it shows.

JRC has clicked lately more through sheer graft than anything, Dack similar but there's a raft of them gone backwards rapidly since that WC break.

• Like 2