BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (h) - 6/2/23

• Backroom

Rotten... just sums everything up at the moment, from the boardroom to the manager to the players. 

So much for the players being galvanised by having useless idiots in the boardroom, lmao. Not so much. Thomas now realising he's getting fuck all assists for the next few months, aiming towards Vale and Gallagher. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

So... what happened to that winnable run of games we had? We'll get hammered in the next few and plunge down the table to where we belong.

Not ruling out us being pulled into the relegation fight, and let's be honest, our players don't have the balls.

Nothing to do with balls.

Here's the cold, hard, truth - Mowbray has walked into a better squad in Sunderland than the one he spent five years building at Ewood.

We desperately needed a striker, preferably one with pace, and Broughton failed to deliver. We're playing out the string now.

• Like 5

What I’ve taken away from that shocking 2 hours (remembering we’re at home to bottom of the league)

- Interesting that the comms mentioned we’re 24th (rock bottom) in xG, it’s starting to become well known how truly bad we are. 

- I wouldn’t play Diaz again all season. Thomas, Hedges, Dolan to rotate on the wing. 

- JRC has to keep his place in some form when Brittain is fit

- Adam Wharton should be straight back in when fit we haven’t solved CM despite Travis performing well. You thought Buckley was bad….up steps Tyler Morton with as poor a cameo as you’ll get.

- Whatever they’re being coached, it’s shocking. I’m sure I read we have a set pieces coach too, but our throw ins just get lobbed down the line to nobody….then that free-kick, wow! We also looked dodgy on every defensive corner. 

We look worse and worse each game and the football quality is as bad as I can ever remember. This lot aren’t up to the job I’m afraid. 24th in xG….keep going at this rate and that’ll be reality next season. 

Shite pitch and facilities, a January window more embarrassing than any we’ve ever had, CEO from a TV sitcom, extremely boring football and completely uninterested owners. The joys of Rovers!

• Like 9

Need a striker willing to make the runs into the box. Gallagher looked rusty as hell, created more for Wigan than he did for us. Morton and Smods passing sideways.

Travis better than he has been for a long time. JRC looks really good, I was wrong about him. Carter has more intensity carrying the ball forward than Ayala, played well.

But we should see Wigan off with ease.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

8 pts in the last 9. Relegation form, yet, we didn’t bring in any signings. Best player we brought in goes back to his parent club at seasons end. 

I'd take 8 points from 9

It's actually 8 from 27

Just now, WacoRover said:

8 pts in the last 9. Relegation form, yet, we didn’t bring in any signings. Best player we brought in goes back to his parent club at seasons end. 

Wasnt this the case with Mowbray in the last two seasons.... whoever's in charge seems to been hit by the death spiral...

Jesus, that’s a poor watch. Deadline Day Debacle filtering through the squad? Maybe, I don’t know how these dynamics work. £15-20m + a BBD replacement and we might have a look-in at top 6 next year. First time I’ve said it this season, but this team is only headed in one direction, at present.

positives: Thomas, JRC, Trav, Pears. Carter and Dack steady, Wharton shaky but better.

The rest: insipid.

• Backroom

When I saw the line up I was probably half decided in my mind that if we didn’t win I’d be moaning about Vale.

And you know what he was useless but not a patch on Diaz, that was a disgusting performance the booking was lazy and just idiotic, he may not want to be here much longer but with showings like that I’m gutted we didn’t get a bit of cash in for him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

This side is unwatchable. God awful game. 

Goals change games. Brereton-Diaz, JRC and Dack are all guilty of missing great chances tonight - same as it ever was since the World Cup break.

We were completely untroubled by Wigan, but we share the spoils because we don't have a striker on the books.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Get this manager out now, he's simply not interested in winning games, he couldn't give a sh*t were we finish in the table.

I'd get Ainsworth in, who's having a decent season with Wycombe again now, after a poor start, his enthusiasm

could work wonders for us, after 2 such uninspiring managers.

Is Ainsworth bringing his boots too?

1. Brereton should be dropped. There's no point playing now, purely on form. He's dire. Might as well stick Dolan in to the end of the season.

2. Failing to sign at least 1 striker in the window was unforgiveable. 

3. Forget the play-offs. We'll finish midtable like last season

• Like 8

Centre mid and a goal scoring striker and we get 2 or 3 there.  

Is Leonard (think that's his name) an 'actual' striker as I don't think much of Vale. 

Feel sorry for JDT and some of the comments.  Understand he's got the tactical understudy etc but turning around and looking at that bench who makes an impact?  Dolan and hedges at best 

• Like 4