BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (h) - 6/2/23

• J*B pinned this topic
34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Vale is not going to play a serious part in promotion even next season. He is crap.

If we're relying on Gallagher and Vale next season, we'll go down.

And I think if we go three windows without a goalscorer JDT will walk.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, booth said:

If we're relying on Gallagher and Vale next season, we'll go down.

And I think if we go three windows without a goalscorer JDT will walk.

As it stands, our attacking players contracted into next season are Gallagher, Vale, Hedges, Dolan and Szmodics. Not many goals there and no money to reinvest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Players can surprise by improving with experience - look at JRC and Pears.

On the other hand some players are obvious no-hopers. They look poor from the start and never get better. We’ve had plenty of those over the years

• Like 1

Not sure which way the season may go bow after the cluster fuck of a transfer window.

There's a chance it may galvanise the current crop, they'll stand up and be counted and prove their worth. Of course there's also a chance the season will just stagnate and then we slide down the table.

Vale is getting a hell of a lot of unfair grief on here.

Is he missing sitters every week or something? Not from what I've seen. It's very, very difficult for a striker the way we've been playing. We either stick with him, give him time to adapt, or act like wankers and slate him. 

Maloney was dreadful at Hibs so it's surprising he's got a championship job for me, he did however win his first few.

Going for a 1 nil home win and and appalling game on live TV, again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

On the other hand some players are obvious no-hopers. They look poor from the start and never get better. We’ve had plenty of those over the years

Yes - I am happy to rely on the professional judgement of JDT and his staff on this. The new contract for Vale earlier this season suggests they believe he has what it takes.

Hopefully Thomas will inject some pace on the flanks. Something we’ve not seen all season. 

I agree with Vale, he simply isn’t good enough. The game opening game against QPR he was bullied all game -  He hasn’t shown me anything different since.
We will get forwards in the next season. I think Gally will be sold to free up some money and we will bring in 2 more with vale loaned out. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

After the devastation last week involving Broughton, Swag and Sylvester it will be good to watch a game of football involving Rovers. The players and coaching staff are like us supporters here, they watched from the sidelines as the dysfunction followed. So f*** the three of them, hopefully they will be gone soon. It's down to results now and hopefully the people that really matter can deliver.

• Like 2

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Pie Eaters - 6/2/23

The Club, through the owners and board, have shown that they don't want promotion and have no interest in remaining near the top of the league. With that I struggle to see why they deserve any of our support.

But the manager and the players do, because like performances or not we have been in a healthy position and I'm sure they would like to keep it going. 

A win is needed, and hopefully a comfortable/resounding one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Players can surprise by improving with experience - look at JRC and Pears.

And Diaz. Before anybody throws a wobbly asking if I am comparing Vale to Diaz, no I am not. I am giving an example of how a player may surprise people and improve. Vale, Gally and Zorba to score in a 3-0 win.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

Any side that’s in the top half (particularly one that’s spend nearly half the season in the play off positions) playing a team that’s rock bottom at home should be looking to win 99% of the time.

That said rovers are susceptible to sides who just want it more and Wigan are undoubtedly a bogey side. So I’m going for a fairly easy Wigan win. 

9 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Any side that’s in the top half (particularly one that’s spend nearly half the season in the play off positions) playing a team that’s rock bottom at home should be looking to win 99% of the time.

That said rovers are susceptible to sides who just want it more and Wigan are undoubtedly a bogey side. So I’m going for a fairly easy Wigan win. 

You got it in one. Too often our opponents want it more than we do. How did Everton beat Arsenal yesterday ? They wanted it more, simple as that. The problem at Ewood is there are absolutely no consequences win-lose-or draw. It’s just on to the next game. You can’t run a football club like that. But we all know that don’t we.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yes - I am happy to rely on the professional judgement of JDT and his staff on this. The new contract for Vale earlier this season suggests they believe he has what it takes.

I’ll be happy to be proved wrong. But I’m not the only one who can’t see Vale has any of the attributes to become a championship player. “ Professional judgement” is a poor yardstick - Mowbray gave game time to butterworrh, another player who it was hard to see how he ever got near the first team