BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Appeal to EFL

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Mental to me that people never ever believe Alan Nixon.

But the minute it swings in the clubs favour he becomes gospel?

What is happening lol

He’s said nothing about it swinging in the club’s favour (as far as I know). He provided more accurate news during the window than any of the local journos and think he broke the O’Brien story.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I have no sympathy for Rovers. They are a football club (supposedly) this is what they do.

It's just another basic task that this club can't get right.

As predicted they are now trying to shift the blame onto the EFL.

Fully agree.

Were the EFL to blame for the failure to complete on Brierley?  I think not.  Seemingly, Rovers submitted paperwork which was incomplete and incorrect.

I think Rovers made a dog's breakfast of trying to complete the signings of both O'Brien and Brierley. 

If anyone on this MB applies for a passport, driving licence etc and fails to complete an application form correctly then the application is rejected.  It's that simple and, IMO, Rovers have no one else to blame other than themselves.

Yet again, I think the club is failing to communicate with its fans in any way, shape or form - it's appalling management and further evidence of the contempt with which we are treated.  If any business, other than football, behaved in such a fashion then its doors would soon be closed.  

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, renrag said:

I know the club are not usually forthcoming in keeping fans in the loop, but I imagine in this case they are following legal advice. With a potential arbitration case coming up, I think it wise for them to keep their cards close to the chest

I personally imagine that we're being quiet because the club realises there's absolutely no way this transfer goes through. We've been refused twice I expect for it to go to arbitration and are now going through the motions to save some face.

I'm usually a positive chap in comparison to most of this board but I'm surprised so many of you still think this has a chance of happening at this stage and that a large part of it will be the EFL's fault if it doesn't - based solely on a heavily spun club-leaked Nixon story about the supposed finer details.

Edited by SBlue
  • Like 9

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Fully agree.

Were the EFL to blame for the failure to complete on Brierley?  I think not.  Seemingly, Rovers submitted paperwork which was incomplete and incorrect.

I think Rovers made a dog's breakfast of trying to complete the signings of both O'Brien and Brierley. 

If anyone on this MB applies for a passport, driving licence etc and fails to complete an application form correctly then the application is rejected.  It's that simple and, IMO, Rovers have no one else to blame other than themselves.

Yet again, I think the club is failing to communicate with its fans in any way, shape or form - it's appalling management and further evidence of the contempt in which we are treated.  If any business, other than football, behaved in such a fashion then its doors would soon be closed.  

Exactly this.

I think that the club are now just playing 'smoke and mirrors'.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

It is feeling a bit like the hangman this now, as in way too late. Hang the prisoner and then the solicitor can submit the appeal to clear his name after.

It is becoming way to late to make it worthwhile.

Unless he scores the winner in the play-off final.

• Like 1

I don't really see a reason for a strong opinion one way or another. Other than it being an internet forum that is :p

Certainly the Nixon/club version would represent obnoxious behaviour of the highest order on the part of the EFL and would all but exonerate the club (on the O'Brien matter at least). The club's aggressive actions in appealing and pushing other legal avenues would line up with that story. But the EFL have been largely stoic and if the club's version is the entire story than they'd be quite stupidly digging their own hole deeper than it needed to be by dragging this out. With neither side budging the most likely truth is that there was some culpability on both sides, though even that is pure speculation.

Either way, with legal options being pursued it looks like it'll go public eventually. Plenty of opportunity for recriminations and told you so's at that point.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, lraC said:

It is feeling a bit like the hangman this now, as in way too late. Hang the prisoner and then the solicitor can submit the appeal to clear his name after.

It is becoming way to late to make it worthwhile.

We are a point outside the top 6. Even if no decision next 2 league games but results are kind,(we should be beating Swansea and Blackpool at home,) we will either be in the top 6 or not far off it.

It would be a massive boost to have O'Brien for the run in and potentially the play offs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

We are a point outside the top 6. Even if no decision next 2 league games but results are kind,(we should be beating Swansea and Blackpool at home,) we will either be in the top 6 or not far off it.

It would be a massive boost to have O'Brien for the run in and potentially the play offs.

Honestly don't get the defeatist attitude - I saw on here, before the Watford game that we'd be beaten 0-4 and once that happened, our play off hopes were long gone and we'd be lucky to avoid a relegation fight.

We're within a point of the top 6 in mid Feb, with a game in hand and 2 very winnable games in front of us.

O'Brien would be vital for us between now and the end of the season; absolutely no doubt about that - and could even be the catalyst to push us into genuine promotion contenders.

That is what we all want, isn't it...?

• Like 5

11 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Mental to me that people never ever believe Alan Nixon.

But the minute it swings in the clubs favour he becomes gospel?

What is happening lol

Do you think Rovers were to blame? 

serious question, can the club ever do right in your eyes?

11 hours ago, goozburger said:

@DavidMailsTightPerm mentioned that nobody has picked up on the lack of communication from the club. I commented about this a few days ago. Broughton is showing himself up to be all talk and no action, and when I refer to "action", I'm ironically referring to talk (communication). He, himself, said that "we need to be better at communication", and that "it could have been handled better". We are seeing a repeat of zero communication.

What can they communicate until we got a final decision? 

9 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Exactly this.

I think that the club are now just playing 'smoke and mirrors'.

Clearly Rovers think they have a case and they wouldn't be going through our this process and sports lawyers to prove this case. 

34 minutes ago, Andy said:

Honestly don't get the defeatist attitude - I saw on here, before the Watford game that we'd be beaten 0-4 and once that happened, our play off hopes were long gone and we'd be lucky to avoid a relegation fight.

We're within a point of the top 6 in mid Feb, with a game in hand and 2 very winnable games in front of us.

O'Brien would be vital for us between now and the end of the season; absolutely no doubt about that - and could even be the catalyst to push us into genuine promotion contenders.

Obrien would have been a good addition to the squad. Could have given us the edge. 

As to be expected, Rovers managed to fuck that up. 

The club has never at any point in time under the current ownership made any attempt to gain promotion out of this league. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Clearly Rovers think they have a case and they wouldn't be going through our this process and sports lawyers to prove this case. 

Or perhaps, for the sake of a few grand, they're going through the motions of appealing the decision as a publicity stunt to fool the more gullible.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

And that's fine if Rovers messed up a crucial part of the transfer I agree there's no one else to blame. But there's a version of events pushed by nixon (or atleast an interpretation)  that the EFL asked for clarification on something that didn't need clarified - it would be like the passport office ringing me up and asking my favourite pizza topping.

Crucially no one knows though so we're owed an explanation of what went on not least because we've all sacrificed 17 days of work to transfer deadline day

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Or perhaps, for the sake of a few grand, they're going through the motions of appealing the decision as a publicity stunt to fool the more gullible.

If you think that then fine but I don't that as viable reason and from everything in the public domain we seem to have a very good case against EFL and its good to see to see Rovers taking the EFL on

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Who said that? Clearly nonsense and a one off.

People are IMO understandably not too positive at the moment, we have won 10 points from 10 games in the World Cup. Performances have also been poor and we have seen basically the same set of players nosedive in the new year only 12 months ago. The 2 latest draws in isolation are solid points away at 2 play off contenders but amidst the run we are on they feel less important.

I don't get the constant insinuations that people take pleasure in their team not doing well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Oh, let's have it right. We are shit!

Venky's-dumbing down standards and dumbing down expectations.

We are Blackburn Rovers FFS!

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

And that's fine if Rovers messed up a crucial part of the transfer I agree there's no one else to blame. But there's a version of events pushed by nixon (or atleast an interpretation)  that the EFL asked for clarification on something that didn't need clarified - it would be like the passport office ringing me up and asking my favourite pizza topping.

Crucially no one knows though so we're owed an explanation of what went on not least because we've all sacrificed 17 days of work to transfer deadline day

Unless we get a blow by blow account, which Broughton has promised!!!!, then we may never know with certainty.

How many transfers do the EFL handle over the course of a season - I'm guessing at 750+

How many transfers do Rovers execute over the course of a season - 10 at most!

I know where my money would be placed re the fault factor.

IMO, the stench from Ewood is nauseating. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, the stench from Ewood is nauseating. 

A stench coming out of Ewood would be welcome ..... at least it would mean there is human life in there. 

Even if there are no new developments the general lack of communication through the season shows an arrogance and disdain for supporters.

It's little wonder fans feel so disconnected from the club and don't go any more

21 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Even if there are no new developments the general lack of communication through the season shows an arrogance and disdain for supporters.

Yes, followed by the politician like excuses from GB.  Felt like an interview with the tory wally minister they serve up for the telly rounds.

Shoddy all round.

Edited by Sparks Rover

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

That’s exactly what I am getting at. We should already have him in our ranks and therefore perhaps have an even better chance in those games. It’s looking highly likely that we won’t have him in for either of them. After that, will he be ready to hit the ground running, having sat out weeks of football? By the time this is sorted and he is match fit, we are more likely to be adrift of the play off places and therefore be picking up his big salary, to finish mid table. What’s the point in that? 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Who said that? Clearly nonsense and a one off.

People are IMO understandably not too positive at the moment, we have won 10 points from 10 games in the World Cup. Performances have also been poor and we have seen basically the same set of players nosedive in the new year only 12 months ago. The 2 latest draws in isolation are solid points away at 2 play off contenders but amidst the run we are on they feel less important.

I don't get the constant insinuations that people take pleasure in their team not doing well. 

I agree. There is nothing wrong with being realistic and keeping a lid on our expectations. I hope like hell we can win our two home league games V Swansea and Blackpool. Do I expect us to win both though, probably not.