BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 28/02/23 (FA Cup 5th Round)

1 minute ago, DE. said:

I still can't get over Gallagher's play for the second goal. Winning the ball back with a perfectly executed sliding tackle, surging forward with sublime control and then an intelligent pass into the box. I'm not sure I've ever seen him look so capable as a footballer. 

2 goals on the weekend have really given him a boost 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, robfranlong81 said:

Sat in the Directors box.  Fully deserved. Should have been 4-0 up at HT. 

spoke to Gregg at FT and asked about LOB. Said they were expecting to hear today but hadn’t heard the outcome. 

1EB4BD90-09FC-4B00-865F-F54E7BFDB7C0.jpeg

Cheers for the info pal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Don't remember his name being mentioned after he came on. Anonymous. JDT is doing a great job overall, but I've no idea what he sees in Vale. And only a bit of an idea what he sees in Morton.

Definitely need another option there. He might end up having a decent career but as things stand, we can't be having him as our only out-and-out striker after Gally.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Butty said:

What a difference having a manager in charge who gives a shit about the cups. In the top six currently and two good cup runs to boot.  JDT massively over achieving with this squad! Full credit to him and the lads tonight, absolutely brilliant performance, we could have been 4 or 5 up!

Yep both definitely count as good cup runs. If the composition of the Prem was decided on cup runs alone, we'd be comfortably promoted. Last 16 and now last 8.

When you contrast it to cup runs under Tony as well, it's a ridiculous improvement. That we sit 5th as well (shame Millwall won tonight, but at least it means Millwall lost)...well it's undoubtedly been a good debut season for JDT unless we go all TM death spiral now. The football might not have been vintage, but on balance the results speak for themselves. And until we're an established Prem side, results are all I care about.

Edit - even better, Luton equalised! Still 4th

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

So, so proud.

Mighty, mighty performance. 

So, so deserved.

The tide has most certainly turned. Or has it? 

Hopefully, this will persuade 500 more waverers to watch the game at Ewood rather than in the pub. 

Quality football performances, added to consecutive wins, usually results in bumper home crowds, so bring it on...

Just don't go in the JW Upper Central. 30 bloody notes! 😱

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

I go on about this but want to see Vale run his socks off here 

Which he didn't - at one point he lazily allowed Faes to run past him and it almost resulted in them scoring. He's only been on for minutes and should have been full of running but nah, he can't be arsed.

I've seen enough of him - not good enough and needs to go in the summer.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Elvis Biro said:

Brilliant. Anyone remember that arsehole Mowbray ducking us out of the Cup at the earliest opportunity? Watch and learn, reject!

His Sunderland side of course exited in a 4th round replay. Which I believe is actually better than he ever did in his time here?

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, yeti-dog said:

Which he didn't - at one point he lazily allowed Faes to run past him and it almost resulted in them scoring. He's only been on for minutes and should have been full of running but nah, he can't be arsed.

I've seen enough of him - not good enough and needs to go in the summer.

Reminds me of Butterworth in that it just doesn't look like the mentality is there, regardless of his potential. 

• Like 8