BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

That is a forum full of angry blokes 

Was quite an entertaining read really. They seem to think everybody hates them - classic snowflake behaviour 

I’ve never been arsed about either Sheffield club really. Big city, shite football teams. Kind of like Bristol really 

Decent night out though 

• Like 1

First time in a while since I have been this excited about a game   Bithers us Rovers and our habits just when you start to believe, crowds responding interest building we have a way of sticking a dagger in the heart   Hope we win.  Semis should be neutral ground not Wembley.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

They’re just a total nothing club. They’re only the third most important club in the history of their own city, let alone in a position to think they’re of any relevance to the history of game nationally.

Hallam FC would say 4th

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Was quite an entertaining read really. They seem to think everybody hates them - classic snowflake behaviour 

I’ve never been arsed about either Sheffield club really. Big city, shite football teams. Kind of like Bristol really 

Decent night out though 

Living on a diet of Yorkshire beer and greasy chip butties it's no wonder really, the BP over there is off the scale by age 30.

Result = always angry in middle age.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Decent night out though 

It’s obviously a game we really want to win as do their fans but I can’t say I’ve ever heard any negativity towards them as a club. Their striker got away with a few the other week but it happens. They go in as big favourites, totally battered us at their place, but a rovers win definitely isn’t out of the question.

In the grand scheme of things they’re a fairly nothing club a lot like ourselves. They’ve got a larger support as a city club but we have the history and presumably significantly more trophies.

For what it’s worth I like their chip butty song. 

• Like 1

Good football city though. In the second and third tiers, neither have done anything for decades, yet they attract c55k–60k between them, and they get very little acknowledgment for it.

Compare and contrast that to the constant smoke Leeds and Newcastle (and their fans) get blown up their collective arses. They are the only clubs in their big cities, so it’s not particularly impressive for them to be having Premier League gates of 37k to 50k but bloody hell you never hear the end of how great their support is.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

I haven’t looked forward to a game so much in years and honestly think I’ll struggle to sleep tonight. I wasn’t going to go, but I’ve changed my plans now so I can attend.

It’ll be a tough game, but I think we will be fired up for it with a massive, noisy away following. On our day we are a match for anyone. I fancy our chances.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I haven’t looked forward to a game so much in years and honestly think I’ll struggle to sleep tonight. I wasn’t going to go, but I’ve changed my plans now so I can attend.

It’ll be a tough game, but I think we will be fired up for it with a massive, noisy away following. On our day we are a match for anyone. I fancy our chances.

hope you have great day tomorrow, wish I could have gone but got other plans with it being Mother's day

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

No idea what to expect tomorrow. Will it be another Rovers away day capitulation? I fear the worst if they score first and get the crowd behind them. 

FA Cup games are unpredictable, form goes out of the window. With 6000 fans in blue and white roaring the side on anything is possible. 

I told the Mrs I want to set off to game now, she pointed out I’m not as young as I used to be and would be lucky to see 12am tonight, let alone 12pm kick off tomorrow……

Rugby it is then 🙄😂

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

The whole idea of Rovers being in the semis of a cup is novel to me. I am just thrilled I get the game on ESPN+. COYB! 

That’s what it’s all about. I can remember the late 80s quite vividly but not much before. If others have the same memory if you’re a 20 year old rovers fan your only memories of rovers are the club as a total bloody shambles. They know nothing else. That’s scary. This fixture really does give the younger fans a great opportunity to see something other than abject drudgery. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

That’s what it’s all about. I can remember the late 80s quite vividly but not much before. If others have the same memory if you’re a 20 year old rovers fan your only memories of rovers are the club as a total bloody shambles. They know nothing else. That’s scary. This fixture really does give the younger fans a great opportunity to see something other than abject drudgery. 

I don't remember the 80s at all, but I've still seen us live at four semi final games. I might even be forgetting one? I'm thinking the two Sheff Weds games, Arsenal at the Millenium Stadium and Chelsea at Old Trafford. I feel like there might have been another we reached.