BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

So you don't think it was a second yellow -  even when Carter got booked for similar foul ?

Thiught Carter got more ball from my quick view, could be wrong but yes if he is carded then their player should have been.

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We missed Thomas out wide. His absence impacted on the effectiveness of all our right sided players. If we don't sign him permanent we need someone very similar for next season.

Absolutely,  if we can make the play offs he will be a real outlet for us.  Missed his legs today....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

How long has Andy Grey been dating the Sheffield United team. He certainly was all over them like a love struck teenager! My god, he was embarrassing. Twat! Lol

1 hour ago, Moptop1 said:

He was reporting on ITV. Just seemed to be all over Sheffield United players

1 hour ago, Moptop1 said:

Just corrected my error

🤔 can’t see where you corrected the error. Andy Gray last gig on MAJOR tv channels was in 2011. His and Keys behaviour to females has made them toxic.

Gutted but proud of the effort and commitment from all the lads no scapegoats today on the pitch.

Fuming at JDT he made a terrible call at the wrong time which contributed as much as anything to that defeat but he got us there in the first place.  Hope the players don't lose faith in him after that there was clear angst on and off the pitch when those subs were made.

Credit to Sheff Utd they have extra strength and quality and it showed in them coming from behind twice and the second game they've turned around in a week.  Should have been down to 10 though and it's a different game then at one nil up however there is a reason they are where they are.

The cups this season have been more enjoyable than in a long time so credit to the gaffer and GB for making them important again. Now that's done with there's no excuse not to have a right go in the remaining games and hope Tomasson never repeats that lack of faith in his players at such an important point in a game again.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

I've had a bit of time to process what was a cracking cup tie and watch the highlights.

I personally would defend JDTs tactical switch. I felt something was coming and we were already starting to fall back too deep. We had in my eyes run ourselves out a bit. My only gripe was perhaps dolan could've come on for either Diaz or gally after 70 mins. They had another striker on, I felt we could benefit from a more orthodox right back/wing back and the extra cb made sense to me at the time. Brittain and Wharton did however look rusty when they came on

Obviously their 2nd is what's done us really and tbh I felt it was more due to individual error than anything else. I counted 5 players who should've done better for it. Brittain on the initial ball in, Carter shouldn't get turned, Travis mightve nicked it once he's turned him. Hyam could block it and Pears could save it. No horrendous error but each one could've done a little better on it. Just my opinion but I can see why some are disappointed with the goal coming so close to the changes.

Watching the highlights, the penalty is really obvious and im not sure how he's escaped further punishment.

Gally really messed up for their 1st. Terrible header and the deflection felt avoidable.

I just hope we take positives from it because there's no reason why we still can't make it to Wembley. Aim now is cement 4th or 5th place I'd prefer to avoid boro and sheff utd over 2 legs but I think we could take either on the day in a final.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I've had a bit of time to process what was a cracking cup tie and watch the highlights.

I personally would defend JDTs tactical switch. I felt something was coming and we were already starting to fall back too deep. We had in my eyes run ourselves out a bit. My only gripe was perhaps dolan could've come on for either Diaz or gally after 70 mins. They had another striker on, I felt we could benefit from a more orthodox right back/wing back and the extra cb made sense to me at the time. Brittain and Wharton did however look rusty when they came on

Obviously their 2nd is what's done us really and tbh I felt it was more due to individual error than anything else. I counted 5 players who should've done better for it. Brittain on the initial ball in, Carter shouldn't get turned, Travis mightve nicked it once he's turned him. Hyam could block it and Pears could save it. No horrendous error but each one could've done a little better on it. Just my opinion but I can see why some are disappointed with the goal coming so close to the changes.

Watching the highlights, the penalty is really obvious and im not sure how he's escaped further punishment.

Gally really messed up for their 1st. Terrible header and the deflection felt avoidable.

I just hope we take positives from it because there's no reason why we still can't make it to Wembley. Aim now is cement 4th or 5th place I'd prefer to avoid boro and sheff utd over 2 legs but I think we could take either on the day in a final.

Their second was like the goal at Stoke the other day. Nobody really committed to stopping the run. We really needed a fit Ayala to come on when we went to five at the back not a ring rusty Wharton. I would have subbed Morton a good ten minutes before he subbed the other guys. We were getting over run in midfield.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I was sat right behind the goal and sadly the shot that Gallagher deflected in was going a mile wide as well. Heartbreaking and super unlucky  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Just devastated, great game, they seemed to get sway with a lot but that loss lays firmly at JDT's door.  Needed to leave alone a little bit longer.

We will never know, but damned if he did, damned if he didn't I think. So proud of the lads, the fans and the club. Really does feel as though we are "on our way back".

1 minute ago, Crozzy said:

I was sat right behind the goal and sadly the shot that Gallagher deflected in was going a mile wide as well. Heartbreaking and super unlucky  

TV showed that too. Very unlucky 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

My overriding feeling today is actually how Travis has grown into a proper captain after his dip in form.

Today he played their midfield 3 on his own, and was on his knees after 80mins.

Proper commitment.

My MoM apart from the dodgy backpass he was excellent.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Dolan on for Gally when we went in front, the ball wouldn't have been in our half much he'd have put 90 mins of effort in within 10 minutes

I thought this. Gallagher looked very leggy to me most of this game. I do remember early doors him sliding they keeper while kicking and seeing him look like he was struggling for a couple mins so I wonder if that had any bearing 

Edited by Crozzy

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Szmodics 6 Again, not in it enough for me. First half I’d forgotten he was playing. Took his goal well. He’s either the life and soul of the party or the guy sat on his own in the corner. Today it was the latter. 

My mum (  93 in November ) was more gutted than I was - she really wanted to see Rovers at Wembley this time ! 

First of all, can I say Happy Mothers Day to Mrs Tyrone senior.

Just on Szmodics, that lad epitomises everything about this current side thats great, he's been an excellent buy after a slow start. Today he ran himself into the ground, never gave the United defenders a rest and gave plenty to the home fans to, he's worth the admission price alone and was a strong 8 today.

• Like 4

Rovers were unlucky today. Worked had yet were undone by a superb strike. 

Why did the ref book Robinson after he'd blown for the pen? I thought it should either have been nothing or a sending off. He should have been booked for the tackle. 

Another gripe about Morton; he can't shoot. He had a glorious chance early in the second half and fluffed it. He's done it on a few occasions this season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

I thought this. Gallagher looked very leggy did me a lot in this game. I do remember early doors him sliding they keeper while kicking and seeing him look like he was struggling for a couple mins so I wonder if that had any bearing 

He was limping for a good while after that it definitely took his stride away for the rest of the game but great determination from him to keep going.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

First of all, can I say Happy Mothers Day to Mrs Tyrone senior.

Just on Szmodics, that lad epitomises everything about this current side thats great, he's been an excellent buy after a slow start. Today he ran himself into the ground, never gave the United defenders a rest and gave plenty to the home fans to, he's worth the admission price alone and was a strong 8 today.

He should be a cult hero in the making for the terraces, sadly fans don't get with these days unless they can fit his name into a generic chant.

I love players like him though.

• Like 3

Proud but not down Rovers did the club the badge and the fans proud. We could have won it but you cannot take away that it rookie wonder goal in the last minute to take the tie !

on the plus side Rovers on national and world wide tv showed what a fabulous club we are with a solid and fervent away support 👍 

SUFC arena DOG shit set up dirty and lucky but they rode it and got through - good luck to them because at a vital point in the season they are facing a right walloping v City and I hope beyond hope that Boro pip them to second spot BeCause Rovers will have their revenge in a play off final

• Like 4

I said it after we beat them in the league game, but we need to take that level of effort and application into the next game at Big Club. It’s miles away from the lethargy we showed at Stoke.

Do that 12 more time this year and who knows what could happen.

• Like 1

Overall a good and commited performance, they should be proud of the effort.

If the team can keep the same level of effort, there should be enough points in the bag to see us reach the play-offs.

The tactical change made sense at the time, where as the game was stretched and our press was no longer in packs. Might have backfired, but if he hadn't done anything and they scored, he'd take flak for that. 

Upwards and onwards, feels a very different ending to a season compared to the last ones we've had.

I've had my reservations about Travis, but he has really been immense the last couple of months. His energy levels are so much better after coming back into the team, and his distribution/decisions making has also improved a lot. 

• Like 1