BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Looks like he will be the next Club Crown Jewel sold to keep the Ewood Doors open.

Get used to it Rovers fans,its where we are and its all down to the Pillocks in Pune...

It was always the plan from around six months ago. It's only because Wharton dug his heels in that Phillips/Kaminski went before him.

If they were to spend the money on strengthening the side with quality players for a serious promotion push I wouldn't mind, but it won't.

• Like 1

If he had a great season and went for a £10 million fee (I’m plucking figures out the air here) and a good percentage of that was put back into player recruitment then fair enough, just the way it is at this level, ‘models’, ‘Brentford’ and all that.

Alas, it won’t as we are now reduced to selling star academy players and goalkeepers to merely pay day to day bills.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Looks like he will be the next Club Crown Jewel sold to keep the Ewood Doors open.

Get used to it Rovers fans,its where we are and its all down to the Pillocks in Pune...thanks a ferkin bunch!

tbh before jack took over and after he died,we`ve always operated like that,it`s how clubs our size survive,you`de be a bit naive to think that adam wharton will spend his whole career at rovers,we`ve always sold to survive,

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Looks like he will be the next Club Crown Jewel sold to keep the Ewood Doors open.

Get used to it Rovers fans,its where we are and its all down to the Pillocks in Pune...thanks a ferkin bunch!

Great, ain’t it? Money won’t go back into a replacement for him either.

Ou well, at least they’re keeping us afloat. On a broken raft….

• Like 3

Wharton still has a lot to prove in my eyes, some of the hype around him is currently way over the top, right now he just reminds me a little of a young Tom Cairney, only Cairney had a little more end product in the final 3rd and wasn't afraid to get stuck in occasionally

Not necessarily a bad thing, Cairney went on to have a solid career mostly in the prem, but I don't remember any BIG clubs ever showing any real interest in him.

Also we seem to now have had one of our best performances of the season without him in the squad

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

Cairney has always been an attacking midfielder whereas Wharton is more of a player who sits deep and dictates a game.

Im sure he would have thrived against an awful QPR side. I think him and Tronstad could work well, indeed him and Rankin Costello showed promise and even with Travis it would just need Tomasson to reign in instructing him to play so high up and he could help to reduce the load on him off the ball.

• Like 2

Don’t think he has to prove anything, he’s still a teenager.

It’s poor recruitment by the club that left him as the main man in midfield, expected to dictate games twice a week, instead of managing his minutes and introducing him gradually, and lo and behold he’s now picking up injuries.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Don’t think he has to prove anything, he’s still a teenager.

It’s poor recruitment by the club that left him as the main man in midfield, expected to dictate games twice a week, instead of managing his minutes and introducing him gradually, and lo and behold he’s now picking up injuries.

I wouldn't even call it poor recruitment, we had a few other recruitment priorities that should have come above it, and we didn't have the budget for those either it seems.

The poor judgement was in loaning out his competition, Bucko, a player who could have rotated with him to keep the pressure off and injuries less likely. Totally bizarre move.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I wouldn't even call it poor recruitment, we had a few other recruitment priorities that should have come above it, and we didn't have the budget for those either it seems.

The poor judgement was in loaning out his competition, Bucko, a player who could have rotated with him to keep the pressure off and injuries less likely. Totally bizarre move.

Done for financial reasons I suppose, not logical football ones. Buckley failing at Wednesday, I guess he's not happy there.

Didn't seem to be at Ewood when he knew he was off.

Back at Christmas?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Buckley hardly seems to be contributing much at wednsday

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Amateur hour strikes again.

It's not even a hour anymore, it's everything they do. If anyone from the Rovers is reading this, could I have a job as a proof reader. I would do it for a free season ticket, no money involved, very cheap.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

I was at the game and he did alright...a lot of sideways passes though he could maybe have been a little more positive

He got a yellow pretty early for what looked a pretty cynical tackle but i couldn't see it properly from behind the nets low down