BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

On 27/03/2024 at 18:14, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

The clips I’ve seen of Adam playing for Palace made me think we were already holding him back by making him play with donkeys like Brittain and Gallagher. Better players making better runs are already enabling Adam to look much better.

I swear I watch different games to a lot of you on here.

Brittain comes in for so much stick - I just don't see it. He's a bloody good player at this level. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Watching the highlights of Forest v Palace today, Wharton made a great pass for a chance spurned and created another which was missed. However, if I’m not mistaken, he is also the player who inexplicably gives Forest’s most talented player, Gibbs-White, the freedom of the City Ground to make his own lofted pass for Woods’ goal.

I think there you see the two sides of Wharton. Currently, Palace fans are greatly impressed by his technical game but at some point, he will be called out for the intensity in his game at times. 

Tugay got away with it and maybe, in other countries it’s tolerated from the playmaker but the pressure will be on at some point, I think. It could be partly a fitness issue, as was suggested whilst he was playing for Rovers.

Tugay had Flitcroft to do the dog work. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Watching the highlights of Forest v Palace today, Wharton made a great pass for a chance spurned and created another which was missed. However, if I’m not mistaken, he is also the player who inexplicably gives Forest’s most talented player, Gibbs-White, the freedom of the City Ground to make his own lofted pass for Woods’ goal.

I think there you see the two sides of Wharton. Currently, Palace fans are greatly impressed by his technical game but at some point, he will be called out for the intensity in his game at times. 

Tugay got away with it and maybe, in other countries it’s tolerated from the playmaker but the pressure will be on at some point, I think. It could be partly a fitness issue, as was suggested whilst he was playing for Rovers.

That's really harsh. He's 19 and played about ten Premier League games , still growing and learning the game. His languid style might make him look like he isn't working but I'd wager his running stats prove that wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

That's really harsh. He's 19 and played about ten Premier League games , still growing and learning the game. His languid style might make him look like he isn't working but I'd wager his running stats prove that wrong.

He’s been Palace’s best player in every game since he’s gone there. What more could anybody want ? When did we last sign a player that made an instant impact like that I ask myself.

• Like 4

On 27/03/2024 at 14:10, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23787758.blackburn-rovers-dilemma-phillips-spurs-move/

Everyone apparently agreed that it couldnt influence selection.

Which is what I am saying.

Unfortunately, we ended without either a play off place or Ash Philips

Anyway, the Palace 23m man was man of the match yet again.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Palace fans are waxing lyrical on their forum over Wharton.. I do hope we've got some decent add-ons but very much doubt it.

image.thumb.png.6c811925e23a0ed33dcf8edf0f061397.png

You can bet we won’t be “ doubling our money “ .

“ Selling the paintings off the wall “ never ends well as we’ve seen in the past.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I watched the whole game and AW was once again MoM, BBC version, and deservedly so.

One pass through to Eze was world class.

I reckon he’ll turn out to be the greatest ever Rovers graduate. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I'll be honest I usually don't care about a player once they've left the club, even if they leave on good terms.

But Wharton is the exception. I'm rooting for the lad and think he's got the potential to hit the top. I love to watch his tugayesque style.

I haven’t seen many players recently at Rovers that I’d pay to see just because they were playing. Dack in his prime was probably the last one but Wharton is worth watching on his own. 

• Like 4

We miss him massively, he was the only creative player in a side of plodders.

If we do end up going down this season I’d pin it largely on him leaving. The only way it should have happened in January was if we had 4-5 money signings through the door at the same time.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, roverblue said:

We miss him massively, he was the only creative player in a side of plodders.

If we do end up going down this season I’d pin it largely on him leaving. The only way it should have happened in January was if we had 4-5 money signings through the door at the same time.

So Wharton leaving was not the biggest problem. Not replacing him was.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rigger said:

He isn't a Rover anymore, so I don't care.

Clearly a man that didn’t listen to the BRFCS pod with an exclusive comment from Adam where he said he would always be a Rover and would be back some day!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Clearly a man that didn’t listen to the BRFCS pod with an exclusive comment from Adam where he said he would always be a Rover and would be back some day!

And there's me thinking he now plays for Crystal Palace.

• Like 1

I got corrected. We get 15% of the profit over the 23m which is now looking a certainty to be paid barring a bad injury. The adds on look bankable the way Adam has started. at Palace. 

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

We get 15% of the profit over the 23m 

We really need to negotiate better sell-ons when we sell the silver. If he gets sold on for something very substantial like £73 mill, where it would be 50 mill profit, we would only see a further 7.5 mill. Something ludicrous (but who knows, the way fees inflate in football) like 123 million and our sell on chunk would still only come to 15 mill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

We really need to negotiate better sell-ons when we sell the silver. If he gets sold on for something very substantial like £73 mill, where it would be 50 mill profit, we would only see a further 7.5 mill. Something ludicrous (but who knows, the way fees inflate in football) like 123 million and our sell on chunk would still only come to 15 mill.

What does it matter ? We won’t see any of it anyway. It’ll just enable the Chicken Chokers to put less of their own money in.

• Like 4

From the Guardian--enough to make you puke. Palace---a genius at discovering new talent!

As if it wasn't bleeding obvious!

Wharton the latest Palace gem

Crystal Palace’s admired recruitment department have unearthed another gem in Adam Wharton, the 19-year-old bought for £18.5m from Blackburn in January. If Eberechi Eze was the outstanding player at the City Ground, his runs dovetailed with Wharton, whose vision and weight of left-foot passes were on point on a number of occasions. To follow Eze and Michael Olise, Wharton is the latest Palace diamond mined from the EFL, where talent abounds if you look in the right places. Daniel Muñoz, the Colombian defender also signed in January, also put in a fine performance at Forest. Little wonder Dougie Freedman, the former Palace striker and manager turned Eagles sporting director, is one of the most respected members of football’s ever-growing class of front-office execs. That Palace are renowned as a talent factory is tribute to the department Freedman heads up. Wharton, capped by England Under-21’s last week, represents the latest proof. John Brewin

• Like 3