BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston (a) - 22/4/23 - 17:30 k/o

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

JDT is sending a clear message to the opposition when he brings on TWO defenders in the last few minutes of the game. Psychologically it's going to give you a lift because you are sending out a clear message that you are happy to try defend and see out the game. You're first thought is going to be let's gamble and throw more men forward. It's creates chaos. Even a keeper got in on the act this week. It's moronic and naive. Yes he has to play the players he has but the changes he made today cost us yet again. Don't fool yourself because you want to like the manager, the evidence is all there.

I’m still in the camp of fooling myself because I do like the manager and a lot of what he’s done, but this Remy character is supposed to be the tactician and a lot of what I see there, I don’t like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeap, I think Tuesday night will be the emptiest derby we’ve seen. All for everyone to see on TV.

Id be shocked if there’s anymore than 14k on. 

I won't be there. That team is pathetic. Game management non existent!!

• Like 3

Also want to point out BBD was offside when we cleared it up the pitch and their defender controlled it. Instead of letting him have it, knowing he was coming from an offside position he goes and tries to take it resulting in a free kick, this may seem small but instead of them having to working it up the pitch and break us down, they get a free kick and a chance to bring up their big lads and launch it up putting us under pressure straight away. Moronic.

• Like 8

How the fuck does this keep happening to us? What have we done to deserve this kind of luck?? Just ridiculous. Hand ball keeper and now an og. Just fuck off football

Everyone puts on defenders at the end of a game to hold a lead. Noone else gets mugged off like us

• Like 7

Even if we won tonight I still don’t think we’d of got the play offs…Howveer it’s not the point, these past few games have felt like defeats…People have given up & I don’t blame them. The players have bottled it, and the manager too has alot to answer for. 

Im F*ckin fuming at Hedges, despite his positive impact. Scott Wharton, we love you but you too are simply not good enough. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

Absolutely devastated . 

Honestly want to cry .

We had the playoffs in our hands.

Hedges was such an improvement on the useless dolan , probably the best player on the pitch second half ,  that was until it mattered.  And the probably did the most stupid thing since Derbyshire all those years ago.

Scott Wharton what has happened . Just clear your lines. 

You can go 5 at the back to see a game out . At the beginning of the season it worked. Now it's not so stop it. 

Jdt believe in the team to keep seeing it out

Hedges game management use your brain 

Dolan dogshit again

Brereton just go for the love of God

Thomas please don't sign him

Travis please replace him 

And sparksrover is right and has been for a long time . Whiteman is everything our midfield needs

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Also want to point out BBD was offside when we cleared it up the pitch and their defender controlled it. Instead of letting him have it, knowing he was coming from an offside position he goes and tries to take it resulting in a free kick, this may seem small but instead of them having to working it up the pitch and break us down, they get a free kick and a chance to bring up their big lads and launch it up putting us under pressure straight away. Moronic.

Said the same thing when it happened.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I'd take Mark Robbins In the summer and fuvk jdt off

I don’t even know what to say. We haven’t been in the play offs since relegation, now we are as close as we have ever been, all the while cutting our wages and adding numerous youth players into the squad and playing a style of football that’s good to see. But yeah let’s sack the manager, makes total sense.

Let’s go again mid week. Arte et Labore.

• Like 6

Team has some good young players that we need to build around, Adam wharton is incredible, but there is a lot that needs shifted and cleared before we can really have a good go at promotion, if this management breeds negative thoughts and tactics it needs to go as well. 
I don’t think there is a team quite like this, it’s a form of torture supporting this team

even when we won the title in 95 we conceded a last minute loser on the day 

• Like 1

Don’t like being over dramatic but all I can hear in my ears the commentator saying “lacking the final pass.”  Referring to Dolan. On this performance that should be his Twitter handle. Thomas was not much better. Glad they switched at half time. If Dack was on the bench why not drop him in for the last ten minutes. He draws players and can produce a moment of magic. 

• Like 1

Heartbreaking end. Seeing first hand two 94/94th minute equalisers against us in the circumstances is hard to take. Thought we were good today, Szmodics was superb. Also think Morton had a good game playing in that 3. 
We could still make play offs, the goal the other night was unlucky to go against us and fuck me that was unlucky today. Football and sport is unpredictable, so many teams around us faltering, we’ve just got to keep going. You never know what can happen. 
Wasn’t happy with JDT subs on Wednesday but agree he’s done a great job with us this year. 
Keep your heads held high Rovers.

Edit: forgot to mention the fans were superb today from the first minute. 

Edited by Crozzy
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The situation is still in our hands, getting drunk might help you but not for plenty of others people who didn't want to drink or need to drink to stop pain. I will just carry on doing what I do normally on Saturday night thanks Mercer

Did anyone ask you what u do? Mercer wants to get drunk that's his perogative.  U are very holier than thou at times 

Gutted for my lads, who came up from London. Gutted for all those, who watched.

I decided not to put myself through it. No TV. No radio. Went for a walk with my better half and turned on the car radio...when it was safely full time.

I am still fuming. God knows how I would be, if I had actually watched.

Tottenham have the word "Spursy" for being pathetic bottlers. We need one of our own.

And I used to think Spiral was only a French serial...

• Like 4

Just now, imy9 said:

I don’t even know what to say. We haven’t been in the play offs since relegation, now we are as close as we have ever been, all the while cutting our wages and adding numerous youth players into the squad and playing a style of football that’s good to see. But yeah let’s sack the manager, makes total sense.

Let’s go again mid week. Arte et Labore.

That will be heat of the moment posting...

Most are not calling for his head but are asking very serious questions of why he keeps doing the same things that clearly are not working. JDT aint infallible and neither should he be treated as such. He has got it wrong yet again just 3 days after doing the same exact mistake that cost us last time we attempted it again Sheffield Utd in the cup. That is reason enough for people to be questioning his tactical decisions

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Don’t like being over dramatic but all I can hear in my ears the commentator saying “lacking the final pass.”  Referring to Dolan. On this performance that should be his Twitter handle. Thomas was not much better. Glad they switched at half time. If Dack was on the bench why not drop him in for the last ten minutes. He draws players and can produce a moment of magic. 

I said at the time, Dack on for Morton and drop Szmods back to play as the midfield carrier.

Dack playing as a False 9, bringing the two wide lads into play.

The draw is on the manager, as it should be - he made the call to change formation. But to suggest we should be sacking him is absolutely batshit crazy.

Take a step back and look at things objectively; he's been the best thing to happen to our club in a LONG time. There is no doubt that we are massively better than we were at the start of the season (performance-wise) and I'm encouraged by JDT's ability to coach and develop players.

Couple of good signings(!) in the summer, and we'll be a very handy team next season.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Deflated. Not a set of bollocks on that pitch today. Not a single player able to control a game. Not a single player capable of being responsible. 

Wharton tries to controlling games but he has donkeys playing alongside him

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, booth said:

Nothing to do with JDT. As soon as Szmodics scored the entire team thought they'd won and started strolling. We've had that mentality for years.

Hedges passing it to their keeper when he was one on one summed up the attitude of the team. Weak and cocky.

And those absolute fuckers in the boardroom must answer the question, why leave the club without a natural goalscorer when we're in the play off positions? We've fucking limped along all season and they allowed this to happen, just like they did last season.

This

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

I said at the time, Dack on for Morton and drop Szmods back to play as the midfield carrier.

Dack playing as a False 9, bringing the two wide lads into play.

The draw is on the manager, as it should be - he made the call to change formation. But to suggest we should be sacking him is absolutely batshit crazy.

Take a step back and look at things objectively; he's been the best thing to happen to our club in a LONG time. There is no doubt that we are massively better than we were at the start of the season (performance-wise) and I'm encouraged by JDT's ability to coach and develop players.

Couple of good signings(!) in the summer, and we'll be a very handy team next season.

I'm not really calling for his head that's just spur of the moment thing. But he needs to learn from his mistakes. He has done a lot of good things such as youth and good cup runs but he just can't see a game out

• Like 2