BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

Obvious red card on Cork. Not given, and the fuckers score within seconds.

Obvious hand ball by Barnes. But of course no pen given. Of course.

Our recruitment is questionable, but how bad is EFL’s?? Recruiting refs from waiting rooms outside eye clinics and specsavers across the country??

We are useless at scoring, but my god these refs are really robbing us. JDT should have the guts to complain post match.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Would we?

We played some nice stuff but didn’t even create half a chance all game

When we go behind the passing it around the back is exposed as fluff.

The high press is when we are most effective but still look unlikely to score 

2 points from going behind all season ...

Says it all !

• Like 7

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The two relegations were ridiculously painful, but this has been the most gut wrenching week since that lot rocked up over a decade ago. All that hope evaporated in the space of a week. And in those circumstances. To top It off that lot winning the league at Ewood. 

I genuinely feel sick, and am so tired of it all.

About 3 of your posts tonight have perfectly summed up how I feel, word for word.

On fire.

Any chance you can start communicating with my wife for me?

• Like 6

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, booth said:

No pressure on anyone from above, so this is how you end up with a chairman with his feet up, a recruitment team not delivering any of their targets and only one senior centre forward who struggles to reach ten goals a season.

Or more accurately, has never scored 10 goals in a season since signing permanently for us, and has only done so once in his entire career - in a season where we had no defensive structure for most of it and were relegated.

If we start next season with Gallagher as our main forward then it won't be a season worth watching.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Gav said:

The last time had such a gulf in financial banking we hammered them 5-0.

We should be loud and proud tonight against a £30m jenga set with bad suntans. 

I’m off to brick the coaches, good evening. 

This is their Premier League title win 😂

• Like 1

Got to take the positives, because the alternative is therapy.

If we can keep JDT, the squad we’ve got, add some forwards and a little experience in the middle… we can piss this league.

The improvement is enormous.

Stings like a bitch though. We played them off the park.

Edited by SBlue
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

This club is cursed and has been from the minute these owners walked through the doors.

The minute they sell this club and F.O is the moment the curse will be lifted.

Think about how long this bullshit has been going on under their ownership.

Constant late goals being conceded, constantly throwing great opportunities away, having players in the building ready to sign for us, but us still managing to not sign them!

Constant embarrassing results against Burnley and PNE. Having to watch others celebrate on our patch. Taking the lead at Elland Road in injury time a few years back and still losing the game!

These aren't just one off instances. It's been a constant feature under these bastards.

I was watching some old season reviews the other day. As recent as 09/10, we were scoring late goals amd coming back from a goal down.

I wonder what happened in 2010 for it all to change and for a curse to fall on the club.

Venky bastards, go and piss off.

You forgot losing 0-7 to Fulham at home 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

We had a lot of luck early in the season. We were playing terribly and picking up points I suspect we have been the victom of the great leveler.

And that’s the beauty of (ducks for cover) xG.

Plenty of us said we were in a false position for weeks before Christmas (“but we’re in 4th” when we complained).

NEVER THE LESS….

We WERE in that position regardless in January, so we should have strengthened to take advantage of that early luck and the position we were in. January has fucked us again.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 5

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

This club is cursed and has been from the minute these owners walked through the doors.

The minute they sell this club and F.O is the moment the curse will be lifted.

Think about how long this bullshit has been going on under their ownership.

Constant late goals being conceded, constantly throwing great opportunities away, having players in the building ready to sign for us, but us still managing to not sign them!

Constant embarrassing results against Burnley and PNE. Having to watch others celebrate on our patch. Taking the lead at Elland Road in injury time a few years back and still losing the game!

These aren't just one off instances. It's been a constant feature under these bastards.

I was watching some old season reviews the other day. As recent as 09/10, we were scoring late goals amd coming back from a goal down.

I wonder what happened in 2010 for it all to change and for a curse to fall on the club.

Venky bastards, go and piss off.

It's the old saying about a fish rotting from the head down. The mentality at the club has been all wrong since they darkened our doors, and remains a black cloud over Ewood. Even when we stumble onto appointing somebody decent, or securing a genuine talent like Harvey Elliott for a season, they're hamstrung by the absolute incompetence surrounding them. 

• Like 6

Just now, SBlue said:

Got to take the positives, because the alternative is therapy.

If we can keep JDT, the squad we’ve got, add some forwards and a little experience in the middle… we can piss this league.

The improvement is enormous.

Stings like a bitch though.

Is it? I keep hearing that word "improvement" but if you're playing "well" but not creating chances/picking up points consistently, you're not playing well.  

Give me Big Sam's football with actual results any day of the week.

• Like 5

Just now, roverinmontreal said:

Would you take 4 points from the last two games if offered now? Even that could well be enough. 

I’d probably be happier to piss the league next year and pass Jesse Marsch’s Burnley on the way up.

• Like 3

WWell, we tried but the honest truth is that we were nowhere near the level requried.

Never going to score if we played until Christmas and that is due to the season being derailed in January. A decent striker signed in the window would have seen us safe weeks ago.

As for Ashley Barnes, I'd have in our team tomorrow - exactly what we've been missing all season.

Just now, RTM08 said:

Is it? I keep hearing that word "improvement" but if you're playing "well" but not creating chances/picking up points consistently, you're not playing well.  

Give me Big Sam's football with actual results any day of the week.

Yes let’s throw out all of the good work and get a Gary Megson in. Smart.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The ref had 5 or 6 players between him and Barnes - he had no chance of seeing it.

Only one but I do think his view was obstructed. I think the bigger call was not sending Cork off. That situation happened right before their goal as well, with Carter being unfortunate. We looked the better side up until that point and 0-0 would have put us sixth so now we're reliant on other teams. 

Hopefully Sheffield United shore up second and Luton rest a few of their starters against us. Luton are unbeaten in three months I believe so we need all the help we can get. Millwall are solid too and the kind of (physical) side we have struggled with in the past. Think we can beat them if we keep performing like tonight.