BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

4 minutes ago, booth said:

If you read what he said earlier in the season, he had no intentions of seriously bolstering the squad in January.

The league position was a complete surprise and they weren't prepared for doing any proper business, and it showed with the speed in which they were moving in Jan and then when opportunities came up.

And to send off Markanday and Hirst before bringing in replacements is amateur hour.

I see a striker who one of us will have heard of before tonight on loan at Girona from New York City has just scored 4 goals against Real Madrid. Players are out there if you look hard enough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SBlue said:

That’s absolutely right. If you ignore the actual football matches.

Things have levelled off. You could see the results were outstripping the performances in the first half of the season. Now it’s swung the other way,

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

I’m going to get banned at some point but honestly fuck off. We got a reply back from the EFL an hour before the deadline. You really think the paperwork was ready, but the club secretary was slow and did other things instead and happened to run over the deadline. Bollocks.

It’s meant to be a relatively simple (minutes) job to complete what we needed to send, and the EFL reply was back by 10. There surely was some delay that meant we were on the very last minute which caused the problem of IS submitting the papaerwork. However some idiots seem to be absolute in absolving Saint Gregg of any blame, despite the fact he hasn’t said otherwise and has taken full responsibility. 

He was out of his depth and he has cost us royally. 

We didn't have a DOF, DOF was brought in to aid in recruitment, recruitment gets worse.

I don't know how anyone can defend this.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 minute ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Two decisions stand out for me - Corks challenge which really should have been a red or second yellow (as he should have already been booked). Barnes hand ball in the penalty area was as clear cut as you get. We really aren't getting the rub of the green at the moment.

On the flip side had the Travis pull on Benson been the other way around we’d probably want that as a penalty

Definitely think Cork was lucky but the handball is one that’s not given often without VAR

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I see a striker who one of us will have heard of before tonight on loan at Girona from New York City has just scored 4 goals against Real Madrid. Players are out there if you look hard enough.

George Hirst scored tonight and apparently played very well.

Football can be cruel.

• Like 2

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Two decisions stand out for me - Corks challenge which really should have been a red or second yellow (as he should have already been booked). Barnes hand ball in the penalty area was as clear cut as you get. We really aren't getting the rub of the green at the moment.

Lady Luck has started divorce proceedings against us, that much is clear. We've been cursed since the Sheff Utd FA Cup game, but the last 3 matches have been insanely cruel. 

Two games to go, we can still make the play-offs. Maybe the football gods are testing us before awarding us a Speedie-esque penalty in the last minute of the play-off final. One can dream.... 🙂 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

You think he have improved since the turn of the year yeah? Or just blindly backing?

We've improved at playing football, but regressed with scoring goals, which was the same as last season.

You'd think Waggott would have highlighted that as a priority considering that's how we missed out on the play offs last time.

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 minute ago, booth said:

George Hirst scored tonight and apparently played very well.

Football can be cruel.

Well, as a bleak positive it means I'll get to watch Rovers again at Portman Road next year. Been a while. Hope we'll have an actual striker by then.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, New Jeru said:

Quite a few games this season we seem to react really badly to teams getting physical with us.

Hull was a prime example and we’ve sort of done it again tonight.

We’ll be on top of a game and suddenly the opposition puts in a few strong challenges, it gets a bit chippy and when the game settles down again we somehow end up on the back foot.

Right; we have a lot of nice, inoffensive lads, who don’t have a fighters instinct. 
as much as I dislike Ash Barnes, we need somebody like his physicality- a nasty brute who likes no one. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

Pockets of Bumley fans celebrating in the corporate seats. Next to me around row 15 a youngish lad was cheering after the goal, He was told to fuck off by a few people then others took it past words and started throwing punches. My big gripe here is on that stairwell they've got an old dolloper as steward backed up by a short woman. It was clear before the game started the padded seats were full of their fans - saw loads taking photos of the away end and another guy on the phone waving to someone in there. They needed proper security there.

The lad shit it - he wasn't a hooligan and the old steward and girl tried to get him out but they got followed on to the concourse where I saw him on the floor taking a few kicks. They managed to get him up and he wasn't hurt. After it was over around 10 coppers and security arrived.

My big gripe is at Rovers here - the same shit happened against North End and they didn't deal with it then. They're happy to take 200+ people paying £100 a head and skeleton staff it. 

One Rovers fan got taken away by police and will no doubt get a ban when the situation should never have been allowed to happen.

Absolutely. Watched all of this and the sheer confusion from the Rovers staff was incredible to watch. They weren’t expecting it to kick off, didn’t know how to react to it and where grossly under prepared. 

Another sign of Waggott’s cost cutting and dumbing down campaign if you ask me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Things have levelled off. You could see the results were outstripping the performances in the first half of the season. Now it’s swung the other way,

In other words - we’ve improved.

• Like 1

our achilles heel of no firepower haunts us again,3/4 players need in the summer,i don`t see why jdt won`t be backed,the indians gave mowbray a shedfull

was definately handball by the orc barnes,i was right in front of it,did`nt  expect the ref or linesman to give it though,they bottled the decision given the circumstances

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Well done Rovers tonight, the team, the management but especially the fans. I haven't experienced an atmosphere as good as that from Rovers fans for a long, long time. I couldn't ask any more of the players who all worked hard. Of course there were some errors but tonight I think it's far more important to focus on what our club could be, what it probably was and has been dismantled over the last decade. Two absolute stand out performers tonight for me. Adam Wharton and Sam Szmodics were excellent, better than anything that lot had to offer. It's a credit to Adam how many Dingles actually kicked him as they were fearful of him. Once again a weak, out of touch referee who simply didn't understand that they were kicking him in rotation so one player didn't get in trouble for persistent infringement. Szmodics just never stopped and his running off the ball was terrific. If we had more with his hunger and attitude we wouldn't go far wrong. We should all feel proud of our club tonight even in defeat to the team of shithouses. They were horrible tonight and their fans song about 'no one likes us, we don't care' was never more true. I hope their manager shafts them and they get relegated next season with the lowest points ever.

Amen 🙏

• Like 1

Our season fizzles out.

Carter pissing about cost us the goal.

How the feck do you expect to score if you don't shoot?

Don't think their keeper had a save to make.

We never threatened.  Set pieces appalling.

Why the feck is Dolan on the field - totally out of his depth.  Hedges flatters to deceive, Brereton can't be arsed.

Travis's limitations in evidence again - not a Championship player. 

Bringing Leonard on with 5 minutes to go - dreadful decision, far too late.

Adam Wharton best player on the field by a country mile - we'll be lucky if he's still here next season.

JDT not good enough - found sadly wanting at the business end of the season.

Burnley guests gone home happy - they never felt threatened, just couldn't believe how punchless we were.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, booth said:

We've improved at playing football, but regressed with scoring goals, which was the same as last season.

You'd think Waggott would have highlighted that as a priority considering that's how we missed out on the play offs last time.

We’ve gone back to Mowbray’s Rovers a little bit. I always felt that under Mowbray we were competitive in most games without dominating. First half of the season we were only competitive in half our games and Coyle levels of bad in the other half. Somehow we won every game we were competitive in. We are back to most games being fairly even and decided by fine margins like they were under Mowbray.

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I’m going to get banned at some point but honestly fuck off. We got a reply back from the EFL an hour before the deadline. You really think the paperwork was ready, but the club secretary was slow and did other things instead and happened to run over the deadline? Bollocks.

It’s meant to be a relatively simple (minutes) job to complete what we needed to send, and the EFL reply was back by 10pm. There surely was some delay that meant we were on the very last minute which caused the problem of Silvester submitting the papaerwork. However some idiots seem to be absolute in absolving Saint Gregg of any blame, despite the fact he hasn’t said otherwise and has taken full responsibility. 

He was out of his depth and he has cost us royally. 

Nailed it mate. He let Tomasson and the club down beyond belief and we are still waiting for him to tell us what happened as he promised he would do. He is a no mark, a chancer who follows many like him over the last decade. We would be better off without him.

• Like 5