BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Gutted - I feel horrible.

One man is to blame and that is our manager who over the last 10 games has got his team selections and tactics so, so wrong.

Some of our first half performances have been woeful due to JDT screwing up his selections and tactics. 

IMO, the brutal truth is JDT hasn't got what it takes when it comes down to the real business.

Seems like Dack is off and we need many more to follow him - too many with no bottle and simply not good enough.

Agreed

• Like 1

Missed the play offs on goal difference, no one would have predicted that 11 months ago but its a disappointing end to the season given how many points clear we were at one point. 

A goal scorer and we were comfortably in the play offs this season. The squad isn't a million miles away, add some quality this summer and we'll be there next season. 

Is that they closest we've come to the play offs since we came down from prem? 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

When you watch that second half, you start to wish maybe we had pushed JRC further forward as soon as Brittain was available again. Our goal threat massively increases when he’s in the final third. He’s far more effective than Thomas or Hedges have been.

I've been calling for it for some time.

He's worked at RB, but he's not a better one that Brittain - and he has more quality on the ball than Thomas / Dolan / Hedges so should be replacing one of those further up the pitch.

Obviously they've tried him at CM today and it's worked, but I don't think that's his long-term position (although I could be wrong). 

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Take that point from that handball away, and they suffer our fate, missing out on goal difference. Infuriating.

I’d rather have gotten the penalty against Burnley. That point and not watching those twats not lift the trophy would have added 20 years to my life.  Not to mention we we the better side and deserved at least a point 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

We haven't been "done over" by anyone but our own shocking football over the past 6 weeks. They don't get a pass because they decided to play once it didn't matter despite having it in their own hands until about a week ago.

We have a goal difference of -2 - that's what ended our season.

You say tomato..... 

9 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

How is knowing you have to win not a pressure situation?

@RTM08 said it....and I think you know what I'm saying....

To be fair, we started terribly when the pressure was on, we only played when it was off....and to say the players don't know the score is bollox

2 minutes ago, booth said:

I said Waggott out, I wasn't implying anything. If it's still not clear, I was saying I'd like him to leave the club.

It also isn't based on today. If we had a CEO worth a damn we'd be in the play offs ahead of Sunderland. We lost it in January but we've improved on last season. That will help him paper over the cracks as Venkys haven't a clue. He and everyone at the club, along with every fan will know that he and his underlings are to blame.

Fair enough, we don't disagree, it was the way you phrased your post, something like today is the final nail in the coffin for the villain, then immediately named him. Sounded like you thought today had some significance in regards to him. His cuntish credentials were firmly in place a long time ago.

9 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

As annoyed as I am we haven’t made play offs….. for those calling is bottlers, look at ghat second half display from Millwall. They’ve just shown us an absolute A1 master class in bottling it 

It’s a good job we didn’t do that. Questions would have been asked. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

You forgotten what happened in January?

Click bait K-Hod….

Anyone calling for this managers head after what he’s achieved this season is on the wind-up. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, JohnD said:

I was living near London and had tickets in the home end, awful day but a short journey home.

I had tickets in the home end bought by a mate s uncle who lived  in Fulham

We showed them at the away end turnstiles and they said they are for the home end, we said we are rovers fans aint going in there so he said fine come in

Thankfully

Edited by berkshireblue
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

The difference between Mowbray at Sunderland and Mowbray at Rovers is entirely down to the ambition of the two clubs, the way they are run and the fact that the owners give a shit.

Venky's out

Mowbray didn't build that Sunderland side...

• Like 3

Just now, K-Hod said:

You forgotten what happened in January?

Not at all.

However, IMO, JDT has simply not made best use of what he has had available.

Too many wrong selections, wrong starting line-ups and wrong tactics.

After that superb 2nd half effort at Huddersfield, what he did for the next game at home to Hull which we only drew and has proved so costly was absolutely scandalous.  That is just one example. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Gutted - I feel horrible.

One man is to blame and that is our manager who over the last 10 games has got his team selections and tactics so, so wrong.

Some of our first half performances have been woeful due to JDT screwing up his selections and tactics. 

IMO, the brutal truth is JDT hasn't got what it takes when it comes down to the real business.

Seems like Dack is off and we need many more to follow him - too many with no bottle and simply not good enough.

One man?

I won't stick the boot in as we're all suffering, but did the fact we don't have any centre halves and those players you mentioned that have no bottle not have something to do with it? I can only assume you're giving Waggott, Broughton and Venkys a free pass on this too.

• Like 2

The passing game has gradually come together over the past few weeks, the boos have all but subsided. We've started playing some really good stuff, without the obvious cutting edge that is obviously needed.

We need the recruitment team to earn their money and sign game changing players over the summer.

Ultimately, it's probably Sunderland's use of the loan market that's probably made the difference. Ours was a pathetic effort.

• Like 9