BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, DE. said:

We didn't though, because it's in a match where the result didn't matter, and I'm sure the players knew that. Showing bottle would have been doing it when it matters, something this team are incapable of. 

We didn't know it didn't matter til 3-3 imo.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 5

In summary, none of the play off teams will survive the Prem

We have the youngest squad, keep the manager, buy a striker and a couple of decent loans, youngsters will be a year stronger and we might just be happy this time next year

Last min goals v Sunderland, PNE and Cov did us

As long as we learn we can come back stronger

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, booth said:

I don't think a lot of fans realise what a poor player he is. Worlds apart when he made way for JRC.

Honestly he comes in for too much criticism on here.

The formation / system does him no favours - he's not good enough on the ball to play in a 2 (hence why JDT hides him when we have possession). 

He's a very good Championship midfielder in a 3 (or any formation that allows him to play as a BWM) - if JDT is ruthless he moves Travis on in the summer for a decent fee and reinvests it into the squad, there's plenty of teams in this division that would love to have Travis in their side. 

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Mowbray didn't build that Sunderland side...

But his attitude is totally different.

Under no pressure whatsoever at Rovers, he was able to sit back and coast along. Remember the death spirals ? wouldn't have survived anywhere else.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Honestly he comes in for too much criticism on here.

The formation / system does him no favours - he's not good enough on the ball to play in a 2 (hence why JDT hides him when we have possession). 

He's a very good Championship midfielder in a 3 (or any formation that allows him to play as a BWM) - if JDT is ruthless he moves Travis on in the summer for a decent fee and reinvests it into the squad, there's plenty of teams in this division that would love to have Travis in their side. 

Nah, he's poor for any team with any aspirations. A hard worker but it's all for naught and at his worst he puts the players around him on edge. I'm yet to see what he offers the team because he's not a passer, not a goalscorer, not a hard man. It's like he's trying to be Robbie Savage but he doesn't have the engine nor the bastardry to do it.

• Like 1

Dack, Ayala, Brereton-Diaz + Morton and Sorba all gone.

GK, LB, CB, CM, LW, RW and CF all needing (some massive) upgrades.

Recruitment (which has been slow/ponderous/inept for so long) has to do something major to stop this team plummeting down this league. New fax machine and professional Spellchecker needed ASAP too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, berkshireblue said:

In summary, none of the play off teams will survive the Prem

We have the youngest squad, keep the manager, buy a striker and a couple of decent loans, youngsters will be a year stronger and we might just be happy this time next year

Last min goals v Sunderland, PNE and Cov did us

As long as we learn we can come back stronger

To be fair my assessment of the Rovers squad last year was that we'd need an entire new XI if we fluked promotion.

With the emergence of a few of the Academy players / signings I think we'd only need 8 new starting players - progress.

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Two last minute equalizers v Cov and Nob end......could have been so different folks.

Rovers equalising in injury time away at Cardiff, only for the ref to disallow it to give us a penalty and Hirst missing. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Two last minute equalizers v Cov and Nob end......could have been so different folks.

Failing to beat the likes of Brum and Hull in the run in........

Every club can go through the fixtures and cite hard luck stories.

We finally got our act together when it was too late.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

But his attitude is totally different.

Under no pressure whatsoever at Rovers, he was able to sit back and coast along. Remember the death spirals ? wouldn't have survived anywhere else.

Have you seen the goals that Sunderland team are scoring? That's nothing to do with the manager feeling pressure, they're just wonder strikes from outside the box from quality players. 

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Give it a rest , Gav.  The guy should be questioned after the last 3 months.

You said he should be sacked, utter bollox in my opinion, shows a real lack of footballing nous.

• Like 8

Who has played their last game for us after today? Thomas, Diaz, Ayala.  I would add Dack, Hedges, and Pears. 
We finished well and ironically Diaz turned up in the  second half.
We lost this campaign by the finest of margins in the last few games. No goalie goal against Coventry and we are in the playoffs. 
Truth is we are not ready. We need a season of a JDT team.  We will see if Broughton is up to the task. I have my doubts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

My last memory of the season is going to be Keith Andrews and his glued on hair.

What the hell is going on with that barnet? 

• Like 2

Just now, Gav said:

You said he should be sacked, utter bollox in my opinion, shows a real lack of footballing nous.

He also said we should sign Ashley Barnes to solve our lack of goals. I suppose it's about opinions.

• Like 1