BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ANY CHANCE WE WILL BE SOLD

Just a question i ask myself every season end. Will VENKYs ever sell us? Will this nightmare ever end ? Will there ever be respite to this continuous suffering ? 

are we just the perfect broiler chicken cooked every season to perfection of missing the playoff so convincingly.

Highly unlikely we'll be sold.

Highly unlikely anything dodgy is going on with the accounts, audits would pick up on it.

They're just incompetent, disinterested and disengaged.

• Like 4

Pop my tin hat on. We've got a Director of Football who seems to have authority within the club. He may not be perfect but he is a footballing person. We have a strategy/direction even if some people don't agree with it. Broughton also hired a competent manager. I'd certainly hope he'd be able to do the same if and when JDT leaves. And the owners plug the financial shortfall. 

This is by no means forgiveness. They destroyed our club. Yes it was nativity, but it was also wilfull neglect of something very important to a lot of people. There are no excuses at all!

Objectively though. Most the things I would want to see in place were done last summer. I want to see how this pans out. If they sold us, we could easily see a similar situation happening again, so for me, it's better the devil you know. If they visited, I wouldn't clap, but I wouldn't boo. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, miqaayil said:

Just a question i ask myself every season end. Will VENKYs ever sell us? Will this nightmare ever end ? Will there ever be respite to this continuous suffering ? 

are we just the perfect broiler chicken cooked every season to perfection of missing the playoff so convincingly.

QTWTAIN 😉

IMG_3564.jpeg

• Like 1

Not as things stand. They have a 99.9% stake in a club worth the hundreds of millions they have put in, on paper at least. No way will they sell us for a small percentage of that “value”, they don’t need to.

Promotion gives them an exit strategy. I think if we went up they’d crawl out from under their rocks and lap it up for 6 months, but soon get bored. All of a sudden we’d be a different proposition for a buyer, and Venky’s might be able to recoup the bulk of their losses and save a bit of face.

Probably wishful thinking, but it’s a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for me, and a big part of the reason I’m so disappointed at how the last couple of seasons have panned out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

Pop my tin hat on. We've got a Director of Football who seems to have authority within the club. He may not be perfect but he is a footballing person. We have a strategy/direction even if some people don't agree with it.

That's all your opinion. We have no idea or evidence if Broughton has authority, and we have been told we have had a strategy / direction / project for the last 5 years. It seems to be buy young, sell players for profit and hope to get lucky on the pitch through the academy. Broughton might be better at implementing it but again we do not know. GB is as unproven today as he was the day he walked in the door.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, broadsword said:

As a going concern, bugger all as things stand.

How would you like to buy a business that loses £20m/year?

If we were run properly that would be under £10m a year. 

Every year we have about a 10%-20% chance of promotion to the premier league - not a bad risk / loss to take as a Billionaire at a shot at being a self-sufficient PL club (with facilities already in place for it so no expenditure needed there)

Edited by superniko

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

Pop my tin hat on. We've got a Director of Football who seems to have authority within the club. He may not be perfect but he is a footballing person. We have a strategy/direction even if some people don't agree with it. Broughton also hired a competent manager. I'd certainly hope he'd be able to do the same if and when JDT leaves. And the owners plug the financial shortfall. 

This is by no means forgiveness. They destroyed our club. Yes it was nativity, but it was also wilfull neglect of something very important to a lot of people. There are no excuses at all!

Objectively though. Most the things I would want to see in place were done last summer. I want to see how this pans out. If they sold us, we could easily see a similar situation happening again, so for me, it's better the devil you know. If they visited, I wouldn't clap, but I wouldn't boo. 

Broughton = Hirst / O'Brien Cock Up

We'd probably be in the play offs without old Greggy

• Like 1

16 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

can`t see them selling,unless they all get put in jail,there is a global chicken blight,they all get wiped out in some natural disaster or they somehow make a profit out of the sale and leave with honour(honour and face are very big deals in indian culture)

You Could Knock Me Down With A Feather

I’m a member of an American engineering internet site. They got to discussing Indian machine builders the other day and this evolved into doing business with Indian companies. The guys contributing all had hands on experience of dealing with Indian businesses. The anecdotes that came out were very revealing of a totally different mindset to Western businessmen. Very much akin to how South Americans see ‘ The Hand Of God “. Anything goes if you can get away with it.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, miqaayil said:

Not unless one of us becomes an overnight Billionaire.