BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

leeds having a christmas horror show and pne showing they are as bad as us in the consistency stakes

We are consistent in fairness.

We’re shit every week.

• Like 5

I'm not watching other Champ clubs closely but it occurred to me that I don't hear of Prem clubs chasing Championship first team players as much as I seem to recall in the past. The gulf is growing but I wonder if the standard in the second tier has sunk a lot? 

There may well be some useful defenders knocking around in the league and one or two midfielders (eg. Boro's England U21 player) but in terms of attackers, I'm seeing very little - reflected by the fact Szmodics is a top scorer across the league. I can only really think of Dewsbury-Hall, Gnonto and maybe, a few of his Leeds teammates as being forwards/creative players that might interest Prem clubs. 

Others will be in a better position to judge but my impression is that the quality is really weak in the attacking areas at least. Does anyone see any forwards or attacking players, in particular, in this league that might make the step up and be a successful Prem player?

Edited by riverholmes

32 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I'm not watching other Champ clubs closely but it occurred to me that I don't hear of Prem clubs chasing Championship first team players as much as I seem to recall in the past. The gulf is growing but I wonder if the standard in the second tier has sunk a lot? 

There may well be some useful defenders knocking around in the league and one or two midfielders (eg. Boro's England U21 player) but in terms of attackers, I'm seeing very little - reflected by the fact Szmodics is a top scorer across the league. I can only really think of Dewsbury-Hall, Gnonto and maybe, a few of his Leeds teammates as being forwards/creative players that might interest Prem clubs. 

Others will be in a better position to judge but my impression is that the quality is really weak in the attacking areas at least. Does anyone see any forwards or attacking players, in particular, in this league that might make the step up and be a successful Prem player?

I think that’s a fair assessment. Clarke at Sunderland and the Plymouth lads hardie and Whittaker stick in my mind and obviously Armstrong . other than that I’m struggling and I doubt they would set the prem alight. We’ve already seen che Adams and Armstrong struggle last season and they are amongst the best of our league. 
The fact George Hirst is leading the line at the team in second says it all really

Edited by Oldgregg86

14 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Sunderland’s second v Preston - the wing play by Jack Clarke.

We badly lack that kind of pace.

Nice to see a player try and stay on his feet as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Tricky said:

wtf are they up to? 😂

😂😂😂

Employing Rooney has backfired spectacularly. If they want to continue the downward trend getting Lampard in will do that.

He might, however, get them a few results before the wheels fall off.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

Blues sacking Eustace was always going to end badly. Not a single "bluenose" I have spoken to was happy with that decision

The goodwill their new owners have at the moment will not last long if they keep making bad decisions like this. The Birmingham City fans enjoy a confrontation. Is it twice they have invaded the pitch whilst Rovers have been at St Andrews? They do it regularly and all aim for the directors' box

4 hours ago, davulsukur said:

😂😂😂

Employing Rooney has backfired spectacularly. If they want to continue the downward trend getting Lampard in will do that.

He might, however, get them a few results before the wheels fall off.

Rooney did a decent job under extraneous circumstances at Derby. His stint at DC United was unremarkable so other than the fact that he is Wayne Rooney - a once wonderful player - why did Birmingham hire him? 

If Lampard and Zola are in the frame it seems like Tom Brady and his mates are falling for the celebrity line again. Both are failures in management. I'm all for them getting the job though as it will benefit Rovers. 

Was it Brian Clough who had a blank chapter in his book titled "what the average chairman knows about football."

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Rooney did a decent job under extraneous circumstances at Derby. His stint at DC United was unremarkable so other than the fact that he is Wayne Rooney - a once wonderful player - why did Birmingham hire him? 

If Lampard and Zola are in the frame it seems like Tom Brady and his mates are falling for the celebrity line again. Both are failures in management. I'm all for them getting the job though as it will benefit Rovers. 

Was it Brian Clough who had a blank chapter in his book titled "what the average chairman knows about football."

I think that was Len Shackleton's book.

• Like 2

If memory serves me right (and it probably doesn’t) didn’t brum sack a manager doing well for a glamour name and actually hire zola who absolutely bombed there . Imagine the brum fans hearing they’ve done it again with Rooney only to replace Rooney with lampard and the original mistake zola. I’m really hoping this happens 😂

Rooney got the job over a beer with the owners at the SuperBowl. Was never popular choice with the fan base. They are hoping for Cooper, Carsley or Eustace.

I’ve mentioned Jordan Jones on here a lot in the past. Looks like he’s off to Serie A with Atalanta. Wanted us to go for him when he was out of their starting line up. Followed his career as he lived down the road from me and went to the same school as my daughter now attends.