BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The way Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich are shaping, you could see Southampton scraping into the top 2.  There's no doubt if the Saints 'hit their straps', they could win their remaining games which might just be enough.

At the bottom, think Rovers will do only what Rovers can do!  Think SW will be too physically strong and intense meaning we need at least a point from the Coventry game to avoid going to Leicester with the risk of the trap door still opening.  On paper, we beat Coventry as looks like they will be on the beach, sadly, as we saw today, games aren't won and lost on paper!

Saints still to play Leicester and Leeds too, both away mind you. If they win out then they’ll finish top 2 I’d imagine. 

4 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Not sure about the Bristol City penalty having seen it ha ha

Definitely take it though!

I saw it too. Deary me it's a bowler from the referee.

I wonder who she supports ? 😂😂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I saw it too. Deary me it's a bowler from the referee.

I wonder who she supports ? 😂😂

So what you mean is that if you had been the ref at that game you would also have given a pen to Bristol City? I don’t really want you to respond. 😂😂😂

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 1

Just looking ahead to the weekends fixtures I would be really nervous if I was a Plymouth fan. They have a huge game at Stoke and if they lose and the teams around them win (on paper all winnable games) they will be outside the bottom three on goal difference. They then have Millwall away and Hull at home. However if Plymouth win Stoke could tumble.

Squeaky bum time.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

To get a new man in for pre-season.

Good point, but surely you’d leave it until the season is over.

They’ve appointed Steve Evans pretty quickly, so I’m sure they’ll be back in the championship in no time.

4 minutes ago, Polky said:

Good point, but surely you’d leave it until the season is over.

They’ve appointed Steve Evans pretty quickly, so I’m sure they’ll be back in the championship in no time.

Leaving it till the season is over, when you have nothing to play for, is just a waste of time.

Lets him have a good look at the players in competitive matches over the final 3 games. Good move.

Birmingham have Rotherham this weekend. I bet they are a bit more apprehensive with a new manager going in there.

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We're £25m richer though, which is the main thing for our CEO.

If we survive this season our CEO will see this as a very successful season..may even treat the players to a new signing bus repaint of the bus

• Like 2

This is the problem we have and it will not change for the foreseeable future.

The only way this season will be considered anything other than a decent one for Waggott is if we get relegated.

Anything other than that, whether it be 7th or 21st, matters very little. Another season in the Championship, blame JDT, sold a few players for £25 million, academy model vindicated with Ash Phillips and Adam Wharton going for millions, no significant impact on results as we continue to be a mediocre Championship side. Wage bill cut again. Another 8000-9000 season tickets sold.

Bonus time as the owners don't need £15 million of share issue next year, we can just use the Wharton cash instead.

What's not to like?

• Like 1

It's time we started making the team and fans suffer again in order to help our billionaire owners who've fecked up their own finances.

Oh and whilst we are at it helping a fat pig snout go deeper in the bonus trough.

Meanwhile back in the championship twelve thousand cheap season ticket bubbles were heard popping over Preston way the other night, lovely stuff.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's time we started making the team and fans suffer again in order to help our billionaire owners who've fecked up their own finances.

Oh and whilst we are at it helping a fat pig snout go deeper in the bonus trough.

Meanwhile back in the championship twelve thousand cheap season ticket bubbles were heard popping over Preston way the other night, lovely stuff.

You can always count on PNE to finish with a whimper somewhere in midtable. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

This can't be the same Sorba Thomas that played for us - his delivery into the box is fantastic. 

Sorba dropped off on his cameo for us but he definitely made some impact on games. He has the pace we lack and obviously has a good cross…I think under the correct manager he would do well.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2