BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

9 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

A move that happened way too early in the window, as many fans predicted, apart from the "be patient", "the club knows what they're doing", "I'll judge when the window's over" brigade.

IF we stay up I'm gonna lost the plot at the "give Venky's and Eustace the summer to sort it out FFS" brigade.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

IF we stay up I'm gonna lost the plot at the "give Venky's and Eustace the summer to sort it out FFS" brigade.

That's coming whether we stay up or go down

They'll try to 'box off' this season by blaming the boogeyman - in this case either JDT, Broughton or the Indian authorities - and then the aim will be to extract season ticket money from people by claiming lessons have been learned, changes have been made, problems resolved.

All will be false, there will be no serious change and cannot be without ownership change, but they need something to try and stave off a catastrophic drop in sales, and they won't be cutting prices to do it.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Fair play to Ipswich, can’t help but feel a bit jealous , massive egg on my face as I told a fan at the start of the season that they would probably get relegated if they had Walton in goal. 
still, they will get battered next year 

Well, in fairness to yourself, he hasn't played a single minute in the Championship, so nobody can say you were definitely wrong 😉 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Delighted for Ipswich.

McKenna has done a fantastic job.  Talks commonsense and is so calm and collected even in 'the heat of battle'.  IMO, a stark, stark contrast to Eusless in every facet of football coaching and management.

They are so positive and go for it until the very last second 

May well struggle next season but would rather be in their shoes than ours.

Shows what good owners, good senior management and good football managers can achieve.

Sadly for Travis, I don’t think there will be a place at Ipswich for him next season and very much doubt he'll want to stay at IMO, the chaotic and shambolic Rovers after seeing what a good Championship club is all about.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Delighted for Ipswich.

McKenna has done a fantastic job.  Talks commonsense and is so calm and collected even in 'the heat of battle'.  IMO, a stark, stark contrast to Eusless in every facet of football coaching and management.

They are so positive and go for it until the very last second 

May well struggle next season but would rather be in their shoes than ours.

Shows what good owners, good senior management and good football managers can achieve.

Sadly for Travis, I don’t think there will be a place at Ipswich for him next season and very much doubt he'll want to stay at IMO, the chaotic and shambolic Rovers after seeing what a good Championship club is all about.

It is more a case of who would pay for Travis, rather than if he wants to leave.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rigger said:

It is more a case of who would pay for Travis, rather than if he wants to leave.

I think Travis would be very disillusioned if he comes back.  Useless to Rovers like that so think it would be a case of getting best price they can for him.  A decent Championship player who knows his way around - there will be takers.

Travis will have about 10 clubs all interested in him provided the price is right.

And it will be from Rovers who will be happy to offload anyone and everyone provided some cash comes in and the wage bill goes down.

Ipswich and a manager many lauding saw qualities there that are valuable at this level. It's not all about picking a pass or banging goals in. It's about having people available who can play 95 minutes 3x a week, know the league, committed to the cause.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see us flog him for £1 million to Millwall, Birmingham, Stoke etc.

They'll then use that to 'fund' a few naff incomings.

Of course like with Sammie we are talking about selling a couple of proven Championship players who have shown great commitment to the club before we entertain making any much needed signings.

We really are the pits.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Travis will have about 10 clubs all interested in him provided the price is right.

And it will be from Rovers who will be happy to offload anyone and everyone provided some cash comes in and the wage bill goes down.

Ipswich and a manager many lauding saw qualities there that are valuable at this level. It's not all about picking a pass or banging goals in. It's about having people available who can play 95 minutes 3x a week, know the league, committed to the cause.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see us flog him for £1 million to Millwall, Birmingham, Stoke etc.

Of course like with Sammie we are talking about selling a couple of proven Championship players who have shown great commitment to the club before we entertain making any much needed signings.

We really are the pits.

I think if you make comments like "we really are the pits" that should be on the basis of something that has actually happened rather than your doom laden predictions.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I think if you make comments like "we really are the pits" that should be on the basis of something that has actually happened rather than your doom laden predictions.

Of course, because my 'doom laden' predictions have never come to fruition and have been entirely misplaced to date....

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

We really are the pits.

He’s played 333 minutes for them including only 20 minutes in their last 10 matches (albeit one was against us when he couldn’t have played)

Whatever they saw which made them sign him hasn’t translated into them wanting to play him on anything like a frequent basis.

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I would agree with you, if we hadn't had years of transfer windows where we push anyone worth a damn out and replace them with children and dross. 

If you can see anything in the DoF era of Rovers to suggest anything other than a sell and not replace properly strategy I'd love to see it too.

16 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

He’s played 333 minutes for them including only 20 minutes in their last 10 matches (albeit one was against us when he couldn’t have played)

Whatever they saw which made them sign him hasn’t translated into them wanting to play him on anything like a frequent basis.

mckenna took him on loan and quickly realised he`s not very good,tbh i think his best position is right back,using his running power and tackling,probably better there because he only has to look one way and does`nt have to turn quickly,he`s a better full back than brittain who can`t tackle and is always out of position

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I think he was signed in case anything happened to Morsy. Injuries, suspension etc.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

He joined a team top of the league in January and looking for reinforcements and cover to their team.

I doubt the intention was for him to play every week, they wanted cover, especially whilst Morsy went off to AFCON.

Again, a side at the top of the league wanted proven capable depth to see them through the fixtures and get over the line, and happy to call upon him when needed.

I wish we'd have signed players of that ilk in January 2022 and January 2023, but instead we did nothing and paid the price.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

So what's happened just this season alone is not enough then?

What would it take for you to be critical of the club in any way?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

He joined a team top of the league in January and looking for reinforcements and cover to their team.

I doubt the intention was for him to play every week, they wanted cover, especially whilst Morsy went off to AFCON.

Again, a side at the top of the league wanted proven capable depth to see them through the fixtures and get over the line, and happy to call upon him when needed.

I wish we'd have signed players of that ilk in January 2022 and January 2023, but instead we did nothing and paid the price.

First bit in bold - unless it turned out he wasn’t needed, the minutes he’s had on the pitch doesn’t appear to support this point.

Second bit in bold - agree 100% 

8 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Does anyone think we will survive?

Man at the bus stop thinks too many results to go against us. Didn't get much support.