BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Harrogate (a) - 31/8/23 - Carabao Cup

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

That was such an enjoyable evening as, for a rare occurrence I could relax and really enjoy a Rovers performance. What a credit to the club these youngsters are. Great attitude and desire to do well and from Tomasson's comments it seems they are great to work with too. I counted seven academy graduates in the team that finished alongside two youngsters in Bloxham and Markanday. Quite often games that see teams three or four up at the break and up with no second half goals but tonight our desire for more goals was clear to see and we could have had twelve. I loved Tomasson's post match comment that he wanted ten. Keeping Tomasson here should be the highest priority and the powers that be should be sitting down with him now with the offer of an extension to his deal. No penny pinching, no prevaricating just get the deal done. We won't make a better signing.

Couldn't agree more. He's obviously deeply unhappy with the way this summer has panned out. We've got an international break soon after the window closes.

Regardless of any talks of contracts there need to be some talks just to clear the air. Outline what caused the change in budgets and if there are ways of ensuring more consistency moving forwards, give him those reassurances.

Then, money on the table. We're delighted with your performance, we want to keep you long term Jon. If he wants some kind of release clause then so be it. At least we'd be making sure we are fairly compensated when he does leave and at the end of the day, we want a happy manager. 

He's the best thing that's happened to our club in such a long time. My favourite manager since Souness.

Edited by ben_the_beast
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Couldn't agree more. He's obviously deeply unhappy with the way this summer has panned out. We've got an international break soon after the window closes.

Regardless of any talks of contracts there need to be some talks just to clear the air. Outline what caused the change in budgets and if there are ways of ensuring more consistency moving forwards, give him those reassurances.

Then, money on the table. We're delighted with your performance, we want to keep you long term Jon. If he wants some kind of release clause then so be it. At least we'd be making sure we are fairly compensated when he does leave and at the end of the day, we want a happy manager. 

He's the best thing that's happened to our club in such a long time. My favourite manager since Souness.

As JDT is at pains to point out in his interviews, he is as much in the dark as the fans.

With the radio silence at the club, ever since the owners arrived, there is very little chance of anything other than the same again.

• Like 1

My lad & I had a very enjoyable evening in the hospitality. I booked it the moment the draw was made as not part of 1875, and wanted to tick this ground off. It was only a small room, sold out very quickly and we had good company on a table of Rovers fans. 

Their manager did a pre match Q & A and surprised everyone when he said he had made 9 changes as the league match on Saturday is very important. Their fans weren’t happy about that as the match went on.

Excellent performance. The future is bright with some of these kids coming through. If you are standing out against League 2 opposition on your debut or 2nd appearance, like all of ours did, you have a bright future in the professional game.

As an aside, I thought our fans were unusually very quiet. I don’t recall their being one song. Indeed I thought the 20 or so Rovers fans in the home end hospitality seats were more animated, and the pre match itinerary included a directive not to display visual or audio support for the away team! At 7 nil down, the home fans were still singing. I just thought a record away win deserved a bit more atmosphere from those lucky enough to be there.

Edited by the original david brent
  • Like 3

Something will have to give in the next round as there is a fixture issue.

Cardiff play on the Sunday and we play on the Friday, meaning it's 2 games in 3 days for one of us.

Be prepared for our game against Leicester to be moved to the Saturday at 8pm.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Something will have to give in the next round as there is a fixture issue.

Cardiff play on the Sunday and we play on the Friday, meaning it's 2 games in 3 days for one of us.

Be prepared for our game against Leicester to be moved to the Saturday at 8pm.

I can't see that Cardiff are playing on the Sunday from the Sky listings.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/competitions/championship

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I can't see that Cardiff are playing on the Sunday from the Sky listings.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/competitions/championship

It's not a Sky game, I'm not sure why they are playing on the Sunday 

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/fixture-change-sunderland

• Like 1

It's easy to play down the result and performance, because of opposition. But there is such a good atmosphere, togetherness and will to fight for the badge now we should be very proud of the club/team.

The proffesionality is running through thick from the academy to the first team. Lots of praise to JDT and GB ++ for making this perfect setup. 

• Like 2