BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Please not this again. There's always someone. Look around at other clubs.

Always the same old song isn't it.

Nobody will buy Rovers, i mean people buy the likes of Wigan and Bolton and Burnley and Blackpool but nah, nobody would want Rovers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Andy said:

I know it's only Football Manager, but it's surprisingly and consistently accurate.

Rovers get somewhere between £12m-£15m across two different clauses for Raya, from Brentford.

And in true Venky's fashion, I received about £2m of it to spend...

It surely cant be accurate, that would potentially be 50% of profit.

£2m would be generous for Venkys.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It's the only defence to Venkys there is left - the baseless and illogical claim that there is no alternative.

Nobody can argue that they have been in any way good for the club at any stage in the last 13 years, nobody can argue they have the club's best interests at heart, nobody can claim they are doing their utmost to improve the club, nobody can claim they have an interest in the club, and it appears now that their financial input is ending for one reason or another, so the last and only defence to Venkys continued existence here is that there is no alternative and no buyers out there.

It is baseless and illogical because dozens of clubs in a similar or worse position to Rovers have been taken over in the last decade. 

Of course there is no guarantee that new owners would be better than Venkys, they somehow might be worse, but that is a bridge we are likely to have to cross at some stage or another regardless. Last time around we got rid of disinterested invisible owners who weren't putting money in and got Venkys, so hopefully next time around we get people with an ounce of interest in the Club, which will go a long way towards improving things IMO.

Would you care to enlarge on “ they somehow might be worse “ ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It is baseless and illogical because dozens of clubs in a similar or worse position to Rovers have been taken over in the last decade. 

Its the same as went on when we were discussing Mowbray on here a couple of years ago. Might as well keep him as "we won't find anyone better".

Well we did.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Would you care to enlarge on “ they somehow might be worse “ ?

I know you didn't ask me and I therefore apologise for jumping in. 

I follow what happens at Bolton a fair bit, not because I have any love for the club, but because my late ex- wife was from Bolton and I therefore have a lot of former in laws who lived in the town and support the club. My kids were also brought up there and went to school there and have mates who are Wanderers fans.

After Phil Gartside sold out, the club were bought by Ken Anderson and their former player, Dean Houldsworth. Funds used to buy the club, were mainly borrowed and there was a huge power struggle between, the two that Houldsworth lost.

Anderson took control and some of the things that happened to that club, were downright despicable.

A quick Google search for anyone interested will show what happened and is a prime example of the sort of thing that can happen, even after a sale to what appears to be, better custodians.

Another one that springs to mind is Portsmouth, who if my memory serves me correctly had 3 or 4 owners in a very short space of time, all of whom appeared to have ulterior motives.

I can't wait to see the back of Venky's, but there are no guaranteed that we will end up in the hands of decent people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lraC said:

I know you didn't ask me and I therefore apologise for jumping in. 

I follow what happens at Bolton a fair bit, not because I have any love for the club, but because my late ex- wife was from Bolton and I therefore have a lot of former in laws who lived in the town and support the club. My kids were also brought up there and went to school there and have mates who are Wanderers fans.

After Phil Gartside sold out, the club were bought by Ken Anderson and their former player, Dean Houldsworth. Funds used to buy the club, were mainly borrowed and there was a huge power struggle between, the two that Houldsworth lost.

Anderson took control and some of the things that happened to that club, were downright despicable.

A quick Google search for anyone interested will show what happened and is a prime example of the sort of thing that can happen, even after a sale to what appears to be, better custodians.

Another one that springs to mind is Portsmouth, who if my memory serves me correctly had 3 or 4 owners in a very short space of time, all of whom appeared to have ulterior motives.

I can't wait to see the back of Venky's, but there are no guaranteed that we will end up in the hands of decent people.

That may be so, but look where Bolton are now. They are definitely on the way back.

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That may be so, but look where Bolton are now. They are definitely on the way back.

I know they are.

They had a trip down to league 2 and most fans were prepared to accept that to get rid of the likes of Anderson and Houldsworth.

I hope we find good owners immediately after these lot leave, but was we saw BWFC it took more than one change of ownership.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Because the new owners actually listened to their own supporters!

Fanzone - complete success.

season tickets - complete success.

matchday attendance - vastly improved and a complete success.

matchday experience - complete success.

relationships with fans/media and local businesses - complete success.

football wise - on the up with a good set up - vastly improved and getting better.

They got a lot of their old fanbase back and more besides, due to the way they presented to way forward and the future for their club.

It is a pity, the decision makers at Ewood are not prepared to look at this model for some reason and at least embrace some of it.

Their current manager took some bedding in and had to accept an awful lot of stick initially, but has got it right and they are moving in the right direction again.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

Always the same old song isn't it.

Nobody will buy Rovers, i mean people buy the likes of Wigan and Bolton and Burnley and Blackpool but nah, nobody would want Rovers.

Normal fear though...e.g. If Fritzl leaves and doesn't come back, who will feed us?

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, lraC said:

can't wait to see the back of Venky's, but there are no guaranteed that we will end up in the hands of decent people.

Venus aren't decent people and they will destroy us at some point. Maybe not far away. 

I can't see we have much to lose.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I can not fathom out why Venkys ever bought Rovers  cos they have had zero interest from day 1...

What is even stranger, why they still own the club 12/13 years later , it can only get worse ! 

I long for the day , when we are rid of these charlatans..

The claims of them not having interest are bogus.

The have always been involved, every single time it has been to the detriment of the club.

Firing Big Sam was the first sign of their involvement followed by the deliberate relegation from the premier league.

Even the last couple of seasons they have been involved, preventing players being sold and what have you.

The only consistent thing throughout their tenure has been the massive wage bill and the ~£20million a year losses.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I can not fathom out why Venkys ever bought Rovers  cos they have had zero interest from day 1...

What is even stranger, why they still own the club 12/13 years later , it can only get worse ! 

I long for the day that the Rovers are succesful again.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

venkys do show interest,it`s just the fact they know **** all about the game and make completely wrong decisions time and time again,granted they were shafted by the crook anderson when they first bought the club,they have however cocked up everything else in the last 12 years,to me they are interested just f*****g clueless and arrogant

On 25/10/2023 at 21:22, Waggy76 said:

I can not fathom out why Venkys ever bought Rovers cos they have had zero interest from day 1...

They bought Rovers so they could expand their Chicken franchise in the UK(or so they thought)..remember the ridiculous TV advert of Dunny tucking into his twelfth Fried Chicken Leg?

Couple that with the Walker Spouse who sadly couldn't wait to off load us asap (who really give the green light to appoint Anderson eh?) and it's been a recipe for disaster.

The best interests of Blackburn Rovers Football Club have NEVER been at the forefront here with this match made in Hell and no mistake!

Edited by A Northern Horde...
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, philipl said:

They bought Rovers because of Balaji's relationship with Jerome Anderson and the other family members accepted the pitch without doing enough homework. 

A business that size which is serious about global reach wouldn't be so zero committed

Basically a conman knew a dickhead

• Like 3