BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

30 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Is it bad I don't know the answers to the questions to get in?

I got the first question right I think... BIRDY? Maybe. 

Ive no idea who headed the ball off the line at Everton though... Stupid. 

Couldn't care less if I'm approved or not. 

• Like 1

There is, but far more people read about Rovers on there (and the LT) than here, so the ‘echo chamber’ Bizzle likes to talk about is far more on display and influential on those platforms than this little old place.

22 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

That's an absolute nothing answer?

And what have they actually done to get us back to the premier league?

It's a load of bollocks.

Sorry, for bollocks writing look at yourself.

Where were you in 2011/12?

Which place sniffed out the potential Brockhall sale way before local ‘journalists’ too?

Not bad for a place full of the ‘most angry, most reactive, most short sighted, most regularly dismissive of others and arrogant’ folk.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Which place sniffed out the potential Brockhall sale way before local ‘journalists’ too?

Not bad for a place full of the ‘most angry, most reactive, most short sighted, most regularly dismissive of others and arrogant’ folk.

Glad to be one.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2024 at 08:05, alex l said:

For those interested, Nick Harris of Sporting Intel has provided this response to a question I put to him re the ownership and how they may exit. Recommend signing up to his newsletter/substack even at the free level, which is what this is from.

Agent of chaos: why the Venkys might not be the real bad guys in Blackburn

Alex writes: As a Blackburn fan, it's fair to say the discontent with the owners is growing again. You covered the Venkys quite a bit previously but is there much which didn't make the public domain? And how do you see their ownership being resolved i.e. are they likely to sell or would it be administration or some other means that sees them leave the club?

Several other Blackburn fans asked similar questions, including Alan Sheppard: Came here [to last week’s mailbag request page] with a similar question. Especially with the new rules about moving money out of India that seem to have caused cash flow problems at the club.

NH: Thanks both. To start, there is a vast archive on Sporting Intelligence of Blackburn material from 2010 and 2011.

I went to India for a week to meet the Rao family and look at how rich they really were (really rich) and find out what their motives were. I spent a lot of time with them and in contact with them through 2011 especially.

Alex asks about information not in the public domain but I wrote about pretty much all the dodgy stuff as it happened, and by dodgy stuff I don’t mean by the Rao family, but principally by the agent Jerome Anderson, who orchestrated the deal to sell them the club in the first place without making it clear either to Blackburn’s board at the time, or to the Rao family, that he was acting for both of them without telling the other, for a commission at both ends.

His aim was to persuade Blackburn to then let his company run the club on their behalf, and import players from all sorts of strange places to give them a world stage in the Premier League (with him as their agent) and then sell them on for profit (for him). Anderson did indeed get such a management contract, allowing him to fire and hire managers and buy players, among other things.

the matriarch of the Venky’s clan, Mrs Rao, was naive and massively badly advised, but wasn’t corrupt and had good intentions for the club

He fired Sam Allardyce, hired Steve Kean (a client of his management stable) and started recruiting players, often with massive agent’s fees for associates of his.

As far as I could judge, the matriarch of the Venky’s clan, Mrs Rao, was naive and massively badly advised, but wasn’t corrupt and had good intentions for the club. The Rao family remain owners and have spent hundreds of millions of pounds on Blackburn since 2011 because, I feel, they do not want to fail. They still think they can get the club back to the Premier League one day.

At this point, it’s unlikely that they will receive an offer for the club that would recover a substantial amount of the money they have spent – but if they did, I think they would probably sell. More likely, they will do whatever they realistically can to keep the club out of administration – a scenario in which they would lose control completely.

As for currency export issues, these have been happening since late 2011. Remember when there were fears that not having enough money in the club’s bank account at the Blackburn branch might lead to wages not being paid? That was due to currency export issues. One of the moves they made to get out of that one was selling Chris Samba to Anzhi in Russia in early 2012.

I will try to look again at the whole situation soon – and if I find anything concrete to report, I’ll write about it here.

Good thought out response from NH. But he doesn't really address the key point which is for six months now Venkys have struggled to put money into the club causing all sorts of contortions and potentially our manager to resign. The hassle from the court cases, indian governament, press attention must be aggravating. 

Essentially the friction in keeping the club is significantly rising, and as that rises their desire to sell must as well.

There has been mentioned a month ago or so a delegation from India came to Ewood, and that next month a delegation from the club will go out to Pune. I really am beginning to wonder if the wheels are starting to turn for a sale....

Has there ever been a club with fractures and tensions at every level of the club, from the owners to swag, to Greg to jdt, to the players, to the fans, every level.

at what point do we all just say- this isn’t working- something has to to give . I just don’t have a clue who is going to be last holding on and who is going to be there to pick up the pieces. Sad and tragic state of affairs for many 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

The only reason anyone knows anything about venkys being under investigation is because of this website.

Half the fanbase is still unaware or ignorant to it and most of the rest who do know it's all because of the Indian govt.

Investigation into dodgy transactions and frozen assets rarely get a look in.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Has there ever been a club with fractures and tensions at every level of the club, from the owners to swag, to Greg to jdt, to the players, to the fans, every level.

at what point do we all just say- this isn’t working- something has to to give . I just don’t have a clue who is going to be last holding on and who is going to be there to pick up the pieces. Sad and tragic state of affairs for many 

If you wanted to use the goings on at Rovers as the basis for a script for a football club based soap opera it would be thrown  out for being too fanciful !

• Like 4

On 02/02/2024 at 08:05, alex l said:

For those interested, Nick Harris of Sporting Intel has provided this response to a question I put to him re the ownership and how they may exit. Recommend signing up to his newsletter/substack even at the free level, which is what this is from.

Good effort @alex l 👍

Hopefully Nick finds time to look into the Venkys again. I trust him to provide an objective view on them and, in turn, provide some context on how Rovers' ownership is viewed outside of the club. Without administration, points deductions or other sanctions (and without the Venkys making outlandish comments like the owners of Reading of Sheffield Wed), there seems to be little reason for the media to give them coverage 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, alex l said:

Hopefully Nick finds time to look into the Venkys again. I trust him to provide an objective view on them and, in turn, provide some context on how Rovers' ownership is viewed outside of the club. Without administration, points deductions or other sanctions (and without the Venkys making outlandish comments like the owners of Reading of Sheffield Wed), there seems to be little reason for the media to give them coverage 

I'll tell you how it'll go....

Very wealthy, honourable, still following wrong advice, still believe they'll get it right, it's  all  Andersons     Indian Govts fault.....

• Like 2

We have no hope. Just spoke to a fellow fan on the train who described the transfer window as very good under the circumstances and no concerns over the ownership. Said he felt more connected to the club than ever and that we would be in serious trouble if it wasn't for the owners. When asked about the decade absence I was told to be grateful for the monetary support over the years.

• Like 4

An all or nothing on Rovers would gi e them all the money they need as it would be a hell of a show. They just wouldn't want it in the public domain.

What I find odd is no one ever speaks out even after leaving the club in recent history I mean. Take someone like George Hirst who has no loyalty or affection, you would think things would leak but it's always the same line that everyone at the club is great, gonna miss them, rooting for them...no one ever comes out and says, with a better organised and connected top layer, this club is ready for the Premier League etc. etc.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you wanted to use the goings on at Rovers as the basis for a script for a football club based soap opera it would be thrown  out for being too fanciful !

“Season 13?! Really?! You think people are going to buy this? You think people are going to get invested in missing out on a transfer that could turn into a club record fee, if they get promoted, because the Club Secretary is incompetent? You think they’ll suspend disbelief as this team misses out on a playoff spot to an injury-time handball goal by the opposition’s goalkeeper?!”

If we don’t laugh, we’ll cry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robbojohnno said:

We have no hope. Just spoke to a fellow fan on the train who described the transfer window as very good under the circumstances and no concerns over the ownership. Said he felt more connected to the club than ever and that we would be in serious trouble if it wasn't for the owners. When asked about the decade absence I was told to be grateful for the monetary support over the years.

It’s bleak, but you can only lead a horse to water. I suppose they’ll be happy to ride the coattails of any hypothetical fan action that leads to improved ownership and forget all about their support of the Venky’s. Was he all misty-eyed about Saint Tony, as well?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, robbojohnno said:

Epsilon. 

10 hours ago, robbojohnno said:

Every rovers fan I know bar Glenn says the same

12 hours ago, robbojohnno said:

Surely no supporter of this Club could be that blind and Stupid as to what is going on at Ewood?

Fiddling while Ewood burns comes to mind,its unfathomable how any Rovers fan who genuinely cares for this Club could come out with such bollox..its truly unfathomable!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1