BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going down (the pessimism thread)

On 30/01/2024 at 09:34, joey_big_nose said:

Looking down the fixture list Im feeling we should be absolutely fine. Only two near definite losses in there (Leeds and Leicester away) everyone else we have a good shout with.

If you can't beat QPR at home all games are potential losses. I don't share your confidence at all.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 47er said:

I've said many times, the only action which would make Venkys sit up and take notice is for no-one to turn up.

Disagree and it won't happen: there will always be a hardcore few.  Get on the pitch and bring a match to a halt. Guaranteed headlines. Reading fans showed the way

• Like 3

However nice a guy JDT is and we enjoy his exposing of the shit show the club is, he is taking us down.

As much as I’d like new owners and execs the only lever we have to try and stop the slump is a change in manager.

The longer we leave it the more likely it will be we go down just like with the Coyle situation.

He leaves in the summer anyway whether we go down or not. At that point the damage is done.

Is he the biggest issue engulfing Blackburn Rovers? Of course not, but at the end of the day has this squad cost substantially less than PNE’s or are the players substantially worse?

Looking at the table they must be, but I’m not sure. The wheels have come off completely and his methods, his ability to get a tune out of these players looks to have fallen to pieces.

At a normal club he would be sacked tomorrow, that’s the game, this can’t go on, and I say that with a heavy heart as I’ve been a huge fan, but in a club in crisis is he the man to get us out of this plunge to the third division? Let’s hope so as I still don’t see him going till May.

• Like 4

Tomasson has shown himself to be a one-dimensional manager capable of getting the team to play attractive football at times in the modern style but incapable of organising a defence and making the team hard to beat when it isn't playing well.

He's likeable but there's also clearly a touch of arrogance. In our current predicament he should put his ego to one side now. If he cared about the club - and the fans - he should resign this week. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Tomasson has shown himself to be a one-dimensional manager capable of getting the team to play attractive football at times in the modern style but incapable of organising a defence and making the team hard to beat when it isn't playing well.

He's likeable but there's also clearly a touch of arrogance. In our current predicament he should put his ego to one side now. If he cared about the club - and the fans - he should resign this week. 

I think he realises himself that he isn't the right man for our current circumstances, (and also did last Summer).

We need a blood and guts MANAGER, eg Neil Warnock.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 47er said:

If you can't beat QPR at home all games are potential losses. I don't share your confidence at all.

I could have told you what would happen just looking at our team at 3-00 pm. Nobody to get us the ball and nobody capable of stopping their players from playing. Too many seven-a-side players out there.

It reminds me of when I played. The lad who was really outstanding in our seven-a-side indoor training sessions was rarely picked for the eleven-side-team, he just wasn’t physical enough.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Can't see any other conclusion to this season than relegation. This recent run of fixtures was our best chance of pulling clear before getting sucked into trouble...Rovers have managed to do the latter.

The players just don't seem capable of pulling together as a cohesive unit. I think we have on paper a reasonable side capable of survival, but for whatever reason they're not playing as a team anymore. Same number of defeats as Rotherham and QPR now, worst defensive record in the league, a cobbled together squad of loans and short term deals, and now a potential injury to our talisman and top scorer. It all points to relegation I'm afraid. If we somehow stay up this season it'll probably be next season instead as there's no way the club turns it around with these owners and the infrastructure at Ewood.

• Like 2

On 29/01/2024 at 23:34, joey_big_nose said:

Looking down the fixture list Im feeling we should be absolutely fine. Only two near definite losses in there (Leeds and Leicester away) everyone else we have a good shout with.

Think weve got a plan B with this 352 setup with JRC on the right of the three CBs.

Any more injuries could do us but we're through the mad bit of the season now - broadly one game a week till May now.

Critical that Pears (cant believe I said that) and Szmodics stay fit.

The fixture list is irrelevant when we are this bad. Rotherham, Huddersfield, QPR were all games you'd think on paper we'd do OK in but we didn't. 

A manager that sticks to champagne football and has got no idea how to set a team up properly. He's useless. 

I genuinely can't see us getting enough wins unless we bring in a new manager and see that new manager bounce.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Forget last season and pre December.

In the predicament we now find ourselves in, he's useless.

The problem for me is inspite of some good wins and nice football he still hasn’t addressed the problem of our “ glass jaw “. We fold under pressure, if we go behind the game is as good as over.

• Like 3

He isn’t a useless head coach. Very good near season and a half, terrible two months says that.

However he is seemingly ‘useless’ in trying to implement a pragmatic way of playing - but then again we were often pragmatic last season.

So does he even want to attempt it? Seems to me that he knows he’s going sooner rather than later and he’ll just crack on with his methods to the bitter end - so in reality he needs removing. But I don’t think he will be.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The problem for me is inspite of some good wins and nice football he still hasn’t addressed the problem of our “ glass jaw “. We fold under pressure, if we go behind the game is as good as over.

And it's been that way under Mowbray, it'll be that way under the next man, and the man after that, ad nauseum. It'll keep happening because no one weilding any power really cares, or has any passion for change. There's no real plan apart from to get through each season, like washing the dishes, but with no real competence or drive. Collect your vast wage and move onto the next 12 month grind.

• Like 2

It's also partly down to our obsession with using the kids and academy so much.

Ultimately in this league you need know how to hold on in games, deal with pressure and fight back.

This lot have chiseled away at experience (cost) for 3 years and it should be no surprise when the kids struggle against battle hardened men in the Championship.

Reap what you sow.

It seems the penny may have dropped in the last two days of the window. But those signings may be too little too late given they won't even be match fit.

• Like 2