BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

On the face of it, potentially a good bit of business. However, and it’s a bit however, I know that’s a position that JDT wanted/wants experience in, so it leaves me to wonder how happy he’ll be with this continued model of only signing players with resale value.

The club's "ambitions" and the managers ambitions don't align.

You've gotta feel for JDT, he clearly wants to actually try and get the club to achieve something but the owners are just looking at player resale value.

• Like 6

These signings are like trying to build a house before the foundations are complete!

We need players who can come in NOW and improve the team not players 'for the future' as the future may never arrive!

iMO, more evidence supporters are being taken for fools by those idiots in Pune, Maggott and Broughton 

God help us.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

JDT has publicly said many times the project has changed and Waggott said JDT is ambitious.

It is clear that JDT is not onboard at all. How could anyone think so?

JDT is only still here because no other club has yet been convinced enough to take him on.

I wonder if he might have resigned anyway,  had he not relocated his family in England during the close season?

A poor January Window , coupled with a sustained run of poor results might yet change his mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Said it before on here, but I’ve been told by someone who would know, that Venky’s will only sanction money for players with resale value. Whether Broughton is ‘on board’ with it I don’t know, but the model is all Venky’s.

What about the fuck up last season with the lad from Forest, wining and dining him all day was Greggy...the lad never put a shirt on for us.

Venkys fault?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

What about the fuck up last season with the lad from Forest, wining and dining him all day was Greggy...the lad never put a shirt on for us.

Venkys fault?

No, the CEO's and Club Secretary's fault, which GB took the fall for. 

GB has now implemented new procedures so the January fuck up doesn't happen again. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

If it is what the club want and Tomasson is on board with it, then the 'inexperience' excuses need to stop when we lose.

Can we afford experience players wages or transfer fees to sign them? Also will owners sanction contract for players aged over 25 we want? Didnt with Batth did they? 

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

JDT has publicly said many times the project has changed and Waggott said JDT is ambitious.

It is clear that JDT is not onboard at all. How could anyone think so?

If he wasnt on board with would he still be here?

42 minutes ago, martonrover said:

JDT is only still here because no other club has yet been convinced enough to take him on.

I wonder if he might have resigned anyway,  had he not relocated his family in England during the close season?

A poor January Window , coupled with a sustained run of poor results might yet change his mind.

He can't keep resigning from clubs. I think he will still here next season 

Yes his family moved over here and his kids are with our academy 

46 minutes ago, martonrover said:

He turned down a move to Europe in the summer.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

That suggests the financing issue has been sorted to some degree. It is hardly essential spending. 

Hopefully he can also play RB, LB, RW and CF. 

Or alternatively it suggests the financing issue was never really all it was claimed to be and they've always had the ability to make signings including cash buys.

• Like 2

The lad looks a good young player at a relatively low fee.

However cb is the one position we are well stocked in terms of depth and quality. So as it currently stands he'd be coming in as 5th cb. Makes me assume one of the others will be leaving, so either Hill is being recalled or Carter is being sold for say around £5million.

If he's replacing nobody then it looks a bad use of funds. If he is replacing hill then I believe the money would be better spent elsewhere and is a bad use of funds. If its to replace Carter in the squad then it makes some sense as it will only be a fraction of the fee we would likely receive for him. 

Maybe this will make a bit more sense in a weeks time.

32 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

No, the CEO's and Club Secretary's fault, which GB took the fall for. 

GB has now implemented new procedures so the January fuck up doesn't happen again. 

New procedure, dive bomb towards relegation with all the kids in the squad and buy nobody of any relevance.

O’Riordan’s 6’4” and has 3 goals so far this season, so something that fans have been crying out for, which is a set piece threat (assuming he is netting from set pieces, of course).

If there’s cash to spend on players that could profit for us further down the line, I don’t see much of a problem with it. Will wait to see how he does, if it does happen, but he’s had games at L1 and L2 level, so he’s probably ready to challenge for a place in a Championship team over the next few months.

• Like 1

I can't really see us spending a reported £500k a project signing. He has to be considered first team material straight away and if he is it will effectively mean we have five centre halves competing for two places. My guess is that Tomasson sees Hill as more of a full back or holding midfielder and if so that will mean outgoings from either Travis or Garrett. My personal preference would be a permanent move for Travis. He isn't really contributing at the moment and would at least bring in a fee.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Or alternatively it suggests the financing issue was never really all it was claimed to be and they've always had the ability to make signings including cash buys.

Not sure I’d agree with that, having to take the Indian authorities to the High Court to sanction the release of funds to cover operating costs would suggest to me it is, or was, very real.

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

That suggests the financing issue has been sorted to some degree. It is hardly essential spending. 

Hopefully he can also play RB, LB, RW and CF. 

It's essential if they are expecting a bid for one of our defenders.

One out one in remember.

7 minutes ago, Brian-Potter said:

Not sure I’d agree with that, having to take the Indian authorities to the High Court to sanction the release of funds to cover operating costs would suggest to me it is, or was, very real.

Would be a hell of a lot of work. Venkys use Government contacts to create freezing of assets and a high court legal case in order to avoid investing 3-5M into a football club they’ve already invested 250M into. 

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Strange reading of the situation.

JDT and GB wanted Batth in the summer for his experience. Venky's refused to sanction a 2 year deal so he went to Norwich instead. 

JDT has consistently bemoaned the lack of experience in the squad. 

GB is also responsible for signing players for the future, which I presume this Crewe lad is. 

The problem isn't JDT and GB. That much is abundantly clear. After 13 years of Venky's I'm amazed that needs explaining. 

In your opinion then, Tomasson isn't on board with the transfer policy?