BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'm not a fan of the GB hate tbh.

Waggot imo brought him in to scapegoat him and cover himself slightly and shift blame to GB.

100% agree. 

When it was eventually decided that Mowbray and Venus were off there was a void that needed filling. Them two had controlled recruitment for 5 years and they wanted someone to take over that job BUT also work under tighter constraints both on costs and on input from upstairs.

Someone who could take whatever scraps the owners decide to send (if any) and use it to cobble together a competitive side in line with the 'project' i.e. young, cheap, 'good' football.

But then when things start to go wrong, which they will inevitably do if the budgets are cut every year sometimes more than once Waggott and his mate can plonk GB in front of the cameras to explain it all.

Not daft when it comes to protecting themselves and their positions this lot. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’d swap most players in our squad for Sean Morrison. He might be 32, but if he’d been playing for us today and not Rotherham we’d have won comfortably.

In contrast we may be buying a 20 year old CB along with a 20 year old full back on loan.

I imagine we'll be signing a 20 year old striking sensation from some foreign second tier as well.

And all these 20 year olds will keep making mistakes till we're in the third tier.

• Like 4

Did anyone think that post game when Carter cam to clap the Blackburn End it was him saying farewell to the fans? I remarked to one other Rovers fan as we were walking down the stairs. Also I wonder if Travis is on his way when him not coming on in either of the last 2 games. 

We need a full back, centre back who is dominate in the air, right winger with some pace and striker. 

Markanday can go for me, not good enough and doesn't work hard enough. 

• Like 3

Just now, booth said:

In contrast we may be buying a 20 year old CB along with a 20 year old full back on loan.

I imagine we'll be signing a 20 year old striking sensation from some foreign second tier as well.

And all these 20 year olds will keep making mistakes till we're in the third tier.

Some of them will continue to make them there too.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Did anyone think that post game when Carter cam to clap the Blackburn End it was him saying farewell to the fans? I remarked to one other Rovers fan as we were walking down the stairs. Also I wonder if Travis is on his way when him not coming on in either of the last 2 games. 

We need a full back, centre back who is dominate in the air, right winger with some pace and striker. 

it`s a possibilty,only problem with selling players for decent money is do you trust broughton and his staff to bring you in decent replacements,thats a frightening thought

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn’t really register, but you may be right. Carter definitely made a big effort and walked right down the Riverside deliberately applauding the fans. Looking back he may well have been making a point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

100% agree. 

When it was eventually decided that Mowbray and Venus were off there was a void that needed filling. Them two had controlled recruitment for 5 years and they wanted someone to take over that job BUT also work under tighter constraints both on costs and on input from upstairs.

Someone who could take whatever scraps the owners decide to send (if any) and use it to cobble together a competitive side in line with the 'project' i.e. young, cheap, 'good' football.

But then when things start to go wrong, which they will inevitably do if the budgets are cut every year sometimes more than once Waggott and his mate can plonk GB in front of the cameras to explain it all.

Not daft when it comes to protecting themselves and their positions this lot. 

Amazing that people can't see this.

They are so transparent in some of the things they do.

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

What is also real is that from circa 2020 to 2023 (before there was any mention of Indian government involvement or restrictions) the club embarked on a substantial cost cutting process.

This meant little to no cash for transfers, large scale reduction in squad size and wages and a borderline obsession with dipping into the academy at every turn rather than sourcing players externally.

I would say that Mowbray had a big squad in the 2020/21 season and blown it massively with players like Armstrong, Elliott, etc

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

I know what is in the accounts. I've read them. That doesn't mean signing a few players for cash would immediately put us in danger of a points deduction or embargo, just as it hasn't for all those other Championship clubs who have posted far greater losses than we have in recent years.

I find it odd you mentioned Boro reinvesting sale proceeds into new players.

In recent times we've sold Armstrong, Raya and Kaminski and reinvested a grand total of about 15% of the money on Szmodics, Hyam, Brittain and Pickering, the rest they are 'unable' to reinvest due to an array of excuses which now includes FFP, Indian government and

Boro are good at selling players and reinvesting the money. they sell one or 2 players for good money and improve the squad. We never did. That's the problem with us. 

The Armstrong money towards not going into Embargo. 

Raya money went on signing Gallagher for some reason when we need CB signing. 

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s a possibilty,only problem with selling players for decent money is do you trust broughton and his staff to bring you in decent replacements,thats a frightening thought

Yes I do trust GB and his staff. Tronstad and Sigurdsson have been good signings this season. Hill has goodish signing. Moran has add quality to the team but his form has gone off the boil this last couple of weeks. Thought he was fine today. An impact for us. Telalovic you can still what they spotted in him and we are seeing him playing now. Ennis looks poor to me, slow, doesn't work hard enough. Wahlstedt is still young in keepers terms his Good shot saver is fine but his catching and command the box need working massively on. 

18 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I didn’t really register, but you may be right. Carter definitely made a big effort and walked right down the Riverside deliberately applauding the fans. Looking back he may well have been making a point.

Just spotted it very quickly and thought he is him saying farewell. He did make a big effort and on his own and quickly after the whistle 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I suspect he wouldn't be playing if he had a deal lined up. You know what teams are like.

There's clearly a move to ship Travis out, and it seems with the defensive targets that logically Carter is also being offloaded.

That will get them £5 million or so, a chunk of it immediately. Sign a kid from Crewe and a loan to replace and on it goes.

Not exactly the Brentford model and will only end one way sooner or later.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There's clearly a move to ship Travis out, and it seems with the defensive targets that logically Carter is also being offloaded.

That will get them £5 million or so, a chunk of it immediately. Sign a kid from Crewe and a loan to replace and on it goes.

Not exactly the Brentford model and will only end one way sooner or later.

They'll want £8m+ for Carter. We're under no pressure to sell him, he's 24 with bags of potential and only Premier League teams (or aspirational PL teams) could entice him away. 

Travis - I reckon they'll be looking at £1.5m - £2m.

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

We wondered the very same.

Something afoot...

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Something afoot...

I thought it when he was left out earlier in the Christmas period.  Surprised he played today to be honest because he's getting sold along with a couple of others - hence the Indian delegation at Ewood.

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Something afoot...

Don’t think Carter will be the CB we lose this January. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They'll want £8m+ for Carter. We're under no pressure to sell him, he's 24 with bags of potential and only Premier League teams (or aspirational PL teams) could entice him away. 

Travis - I reckon they'll be looking at £1.5m - £2m.

Every single club in this country has more ambition than this one. He'll be off to anywhere that pays decent coin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Interesting.

What have you heard.

I'm assuming he means Hill being recalled. I can't see Hyam or S. Wharton being particularly likely departures.

• Like 1

Would be a shame to sell Carter. He’s really come on the last 2 seasons and would leave a massive gap. We haven’t replaced Phillips from the late Dpurs move so if Carter were sold we’d need to bring in 2 center halves.  

Travis has to go, he’s clearly not in favor but I think we’ll be hard pressed to get £1 million for him due to form and lack of playing. Markanday needs to go out of loan, as no one is buying him and he clearly can’t play at this level. With Gally back soon, Ennis and Telalovic we can let Leonard go to league 1 and bag 15 goals in the second half. We desperately need cover at right and left back.  If Carter, Leonard, Travis and Markanday go we need at least 6 in the door. I just don’t see that happening