BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Wouldn't be happy if we sell Trav and replace him with a loan but that's exactly the sort of fuck up thing Venkys would do.

it looks pretty obvious that travis is on his way out,he can`t even get in at right back,silly really as he`s a far better defender than brittain who is more effective further forward

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

thats the team shape,we commit to many men forwards and when the ball gets lost we struggle badly,it would be ok with better players who make the right decisions but with our personel it`s very risky

Agree but point being with Travis in there we didn’t look as open early season. He probably does the generally unnoticed stuff (basic positioning and reading the situation) better than ST and AW

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

given our present malaise id`e definately find a spot for him,what he travis lacks in ability he makes up for in effort and commitment to the cause

I am troubled that he couldn't get into a side that was so tired and lacking in fight, especially after his performance against Watford...

Agree with last 2 posters. Very disappointing Travis is heading for the exit door(if so). If hes being replaced with Isaac Hayden(injury-prone)on loan Ill do my nut! 

Why cant we get rid of Brittain and/or Markanday who havent an ounce of fight between them.  I dont even think the ultra-low fee is a problem - we have let bucket loads of better players leave for free!!

• Like 3

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

I agree.

People should look at Pickering before they look at Brittain who id say is arguably our worst player alongside Leo and Markanday.

For me, Markanday is by far the worst player in the squad. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, B16Rover said:

League one players who's deals are up in summer, in positions we may need and may be worth a nominal fee before clubs lose them on frees?

Jordan Williams (right back)

Herbie Lane (centre mid)

Agreed on Williams. 

Do you mean Herbie Kane from Barnsley? if so, deffo should be looking to sign him

5 hours ago, J*B said:

There’s no way we’re signing a keeper - we’ve spent too much of our limited budget on Leo (800K) and Pears (250K?) to spend more. 

agreed again

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Rumours circulating about Issac Hayden from Newcastle.

I would be very happy with him coming in on loan. Would be smart signing for us and gives us that Experience we need. 

33 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think Brittain is one of our better players, which seems to go against the grain. 

Deffo agreed. Good player just out of form. 

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

At the moment no, assuming that we continue with the same formation or that Wharton and Tronstad remain fit and available for the rest of the season.

Why wouldn't continue with them when its suits our best player and best goalscorer(Szmodics)? 

Does he fit our style? What is our style?

Travis can't do what Tronstad or Wharton do. 

You know what our playing style is and Travis doesn't fit it

For the record I am not suggesting that Travis is a great player. But I am suggesting that he offers important attributes that few others in our squad offer. I look at the young lads shoulders slumped as Huddersfield and Hull are banging in goals against us and want someone in there with some fire in his belly, which Travis offers.

Would bringing Travis actually changed owt in those games? 

I think JDT would be insane to stay here beyond this season unless something drastic changes with the owners and the budgets. He will know by now if he didn't last summer that they only way is down whilst the club remains fixated on cutting corners and costs every window.

JDT is happy here he says according to latest comments 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Very odd to suggest letting Brittain leave for an ultra low fee. We paid over a million for him abour 18 months ago and at times he has looked very good. If you shuttle people out whenever they have a run of bad form you'll be out of business quickly.

Our problem could be, that we have so many at once on bad runs. That it may not be the players, but it may be down to the system we are trying to play.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why wouldn't continue with them when its suits our best player and best goalscorer(Szmodics)? 

We might consider changing it given we are shipping 3 goals a game, losing most weeks and plummeting down the table. I'd sincerely hope that every players' place is under review after recent results.

I'm not interested in 'what suits' our 'best player' and 'best goalscorer'. This is the Championship not academy football, the requirement is to get results on a consistent basis and if that means ditching one system and reverting to something else so be it. The Club and league position are more important than what is best for individuals or most pleasing on the eye / balance sheet.

You're also overlooking the not so insignificant issues of fatigue, dips on form, injuries and suspensions, which will come, and for that reason you need a SQUAD not just a good starting XI. Your attitude appears to be that we should just let people go because they aren't currently getting on the teamsheet. 

You've already made your mind up on this like you have on so many other things so there's little point in engaging in an endless debate with you. Your second question of course nobody knows the answer to.

I'm not sure what comments you are referring to but I think you are daft if you think JDT is in any way happy with what has happened here over the last 6 months. You'd be hard pressed to find any manager at any club that is happy with having the rug pulled out from under him mid transfer window and being forced to play kids for reasons other than trying to get promoted.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So said big al

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Travis not getting game time recently when the squad is exhausted and we are leaking goals for fun is one of the strangest selection things Ive seen in a while.

If he wasnt looking to move before I am sure he is now.

It's straight out of the TK scenario last year the writing is on the wall for Travis unfortunately imo.

Squeezing him out ticks several boxes with the new 'model' being cranked into action, older head on bigger wages, coach wouldn't pick him automatically even before the DoF might have said we need rid, will command a small fee.

The priority of winnig points is secondary to the process being implemented.