Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

10 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I'm sure it will all be spent.

HMRC

Player wages

Waggott wages

Suhail Wages

Rent payments on what used to be our own training ground.

Other creditors

You've also missed out wages to Chester, who writes out the cheques, and 

Sylvester, in charge of the fax machine.

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Do you really believe that?

The bottom of barrels are being scraped here. Ditto McGuire.

We've £20m in the savings account now (allegedly). These freebies only indicate to me that they never had any decent long term signings lined up and don't intend to spend our newfound riches on players

2.5 mill for McGuire and 500k for the defender? 

32 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

McFadzean also used to playing in a 3.

I'd imagine we're switching to a 3-5-2

Pears

Hyam - McFadzean - Scott/O'Riordan

Rankin-Costello - Tronstad

Dolan - Szmodics - Sigurdsson

Gallagher

A team thats hopefully good enough to get the 18+ points needed to not be relegated.

Playing with 10 men? 

It's a bold strategy cotton let's see if it pays off!

• Like 4

There's been a few over the years who have opted not to move after a deal has been agreed. Harry Maguire to West Ham is  a recent one that comes to mind, although there were reports he wanted a big payoff from United  

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

keep seeing "we didn't reinvest the Armstrong money"

did Szmodics, Brittain and Hyam materialize out of thin air then? that's your Armstrong money, which Broughton did say a bit back. it's crazy what people will choose to believe as true or not based on suiting their own narratives on here.

we don't need to make shite up or pretend something didn't happen to despise the way our club is run. there's bloody plenty in reality to be going off first.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Not saying I agree with selling our best midfield player - but we only need to look at recent history with Dack to see how a prize asset is only an injury away from having his value slashed.

Selling Raya for a bargain price only for him to injure our biggest asset at first sight. You couldn't make it up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nbdrovers said:

keep seeing "we didn't reinvest the Armstrong money"

did Szmodics, Brittain and Hyam materialize out of thin air then? that's your Armstrong money, which Broughton did say a bit back. it's crazy what people will choose to believe as true or not based on suiting their own narratives on here.

we don't need to make shite up or pretend something didn't happen to despise the way our club is run. there's bloody plenty in reality to be going off first.

Didn't they all sign for us a year later?

Hull have shown how to play a transfer window when on the edge of the playoffs. Three good signings, each time we’ve been in the playoffs we seem to have weakened our team in the January window. It’s no coincidence that on two consecutive seasons we were well placed in the playoff spots only to miss out completely. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

It's a deal for 4 months till end of the season, hes not signed a  4 year deal. Get a grip everybody

I remember when we signed John Macnamee. Our defence was poor, he came in and showed our youngsters how to defend. Our results improved no-end.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Hull have shown how to play a transfer window when on the edge of the playoffs. Three good signings, each time we’ve been in the playoffs we seem to have weakened our team in the January window. It’s no coincidence that on two consecutive seasons we were well placed in the playoff spots only to miss out completely. 

What happens when you have an owner that’s ambitious. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Can a player just refuse to go or does he not have any power to resist. Honest question. 

Nobody can be forced to sign with another club. Suspect Adam's agent has seen the writing on the wall for a while & is recommending the move to his client for footballing & financial reasons.

I'm surprised he can't do better than Palace TBH & the summer would probably have proved more fertile which might suggest Rovers are keen to make it happen now. 

• Like 1

McFadzean is a crazy signing. We may as well have signed Danny Batth.....................

McFadzean used to play for Alfreton. I played against him in a friendly in either 2009 or 2010. He was a good player at that level to be fair. Think he was playing for England at the same time. He isn't actually that tall for a centre half. Just remember him being a bruiser, which is what defines centre halves at that level. A bit of a bully boy - which I suppose we are missing

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nope. Straight to Venkys HQ.

Does that mean we cant pass judgement on a player because its a short term deal? Its not one I agree with especially when we are about to receive a massive fee.

I would refrain from passing judgement at least until he has played for us.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I think we need a few players in yes 100%... 

But..

Just a  thought on not going mad today / tomorrow and becoming desperate because:

1.  We have some players coming back.

2.  We get a stop gap (the old guy).

3.  Unless we go really pete tongue it's unlikely we are going to get relegated or push for play offs.

We may as well take a sensible approach (I know) and recruit properly in the summer.  We all know January desperation moves often don't work out.

Just a thought..  

Would love to know what you have seen in the last 13 years to think this is a possibility.