BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Unless Whartons pulled out no way should this deal be pulled

That, or having a better target suddenly available, are the only acceptable reasons (and the latter is still pretty shitty to the player). If the rumour is true.

• Like 2

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Polky said:

Not sure what’s worse?

The deal collapsing or Nathan Jones being right?

Well Jones did also tweet that he’d landed this morning, chancer 

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Did you hear this from someone reliable who isn't Tom Bogert? And did you hear why?

No, I took it from Bogert’s X account. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I'm confused, do you not think that's his name? (Tbf it's not, it's a double-G at the end)

Apologies. I'm equallyconfused why you think that's important.

I think it's rather more important that he would appear to be fucking useless. The only way in which we can salvage a bit of self respect  from this is if someone better has suddenly become available AND we land him.

Still leaves a sour taste though.

• Like 1

What a joke of a football club we have become. I can’t believe it’s happened again. Last year was bad enough with O’Brien but for them to do it again! This one feels worse with McGuire flying across the world for nothing. It’s unforgivable from the board.

• Like 2

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Been out for a few hours. I assume we've not signed anyone except a 37-year old defender?

Deal collapsed with the American lad, according to an MLS insider called Bogert.

We've looked at a lad out of favour at Nantes but not put in an offer.

Not much else.

Collapse all the deals please Gregg. I’d happily go with what we’ve got and keep Wharton.

I know, I know, he’s gone… but this is giving me a sliver of false hope that Adam is now staying. I know I’m setting myself up for a fall, but I can’t help it. I know it’s just our usual incompetence that causes nothing but misery deep down.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Unbelieveable, or maybe it's par for the course

Tomasson must be pissed off in the extreme

The window closes at 11pm on Thursday night, not tonight.

Not convinced by McGuire although highlight clips obviously doesn't paint a fair picture of what he could offer. But if it's true that everything was agreed and we pulled out at this stage it's obviously a total disgrace. Not that we should be surprised considering our horrific owners. Even if we get someone in the building we should remember that the same clowns who oversaw the last january transfer window are still employed, ready to fck up once more.

Best case scenario Wharton is staying. That would be great.

Edited by Inferi
  • Like 4

If it's true and we have pulled out of the deal for the American then for all we know there could be a good reason that benefits/affects our club i.e. someone better, terms were unrealistic, Wharton deal off so can't afford it. I'll wait for some clarification before assuming the worst. 

Edited by Tim Southampton Rover
  • Like 6