BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

So signing ennis wasn't so shit given we have moved him on

Well, he did basically nothing for us, barely played and whatever fee we get will at best recoup the wages we've paid him over the past few months and any signing on fee for him and his agent on arrival so... pretty shit by my estimate. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

So enlighten how was he pressured to leave?... I'll wait

"Right then Adam, it's entirely up to you of course but there's a good probability that if we don't sell you this window, the Club will go to the wall".

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Enlighten who, a person on the internet who is coming across as oddly sensitive?

Right so you got nothing... because what we have is a case of a transfer that was consented by both parties, no forcing out of any kind.

We got a decent deal, the lad gets a crack at the Prem along with all the boons that come with it & all the money we get goes into the Venky black hole never to be heard of again.

3 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Right so you got nothing... because what we have is a case of a transfer that was consented by both parties, no forcing out of any kind.

We got a decent deal, the lad gets a crack at the Prem along with all the boons that come with it & all the money we get goes into the Venky black hole never to be heard of again.

So you're a Venkys employee then? They're the only 'we' that benefit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"Right then Adam, it's entirely up to you of course but there's a good probability that if we don't sell you this window, the Club will go to the wall".

Oh btw, you’ll 8x your salary for 5 years.

6 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Nope, I'm just unwilling to engage with someone who completely twisted my words as if you've got some kind of ulterior motive. So thanks but no thanks.

Of course he consented to it. Did you take what I wrote as Steve Waggott was stood behind him puppeting his hand as he was doing his signature?

• Like 3

I wonder if there's ever been another professional football Club who were that desperate not to pay a transfer fee for a player that they reneged on a permanent deal on  ostensibly favourable terms to enter into a loan deal on far worse terms?

• Like 7

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s fortunate that rotherham,sheff wed and qpr are by some margin the worst teams in the league and we started the season quite well,there is a now massive gap in our midfield where adam is`nt being replaced and i can see us losing more games than winning from now until may

I don't think the margin between us and them is as big as you think,  especially if we finish the window as we are now

• Like 5

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

I'm devastated about this one and the state of the club.

Don’t worry if he does well at Harrogate he may come back and smash it on his return 

• Like 6

I hope JDT doesn’t walk –why should he make life easy for the V’s?
I’d like to see JDT hold a press conference to state exactly what happened in this window and while he’s been here, naming names, figures etc. What’s the worst that could happen? The clowns sack him –and he gets compo.
Can we get T-shirts made with the infamous pic of Balaji on it with “V out” underneath?
Or another one: “Wake up Rovers fans.”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I wonder if there's ever been another professional football Club who were that desperate not to pay a transfer fee for a player that they reneged on a permanent deal on  ostensibly favourable terms to enter into a loan deal on far worse terms?

That's what happens when the owners turn around and forbid a transfer fee being paid out of the Wharton fee

It's quite obvious until yesterday the people making the bids were under the impression some of the Wharton money would be available 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Don't get the GB hate lol.

For most of us, it's not hate. 

We just base our extreme disappointment on the evidence of who he has brought in he arrived, especially the permanent signings, who he has said were his number one targets. 

We have all been waiting to see if last January's catastrophic cock-up, which directly cost us a play-off place,  would prove to be a one-off. 

The answer so far is no, we are still waiting for him to support Rovers to punch above their weight, which is the sign of a good football administrator. I've not seen that he has quality contacts, or the ability to 'spot a player', and these are the main requirements of his job. 

A decent director of football manages to find quality, regardless of budget, and he hasn't brought in a single quality player (Hyam excepted, although he was identified before GB arrived).

Broughton has had to work under increased financial pressure since June, but he has known that he would probably have 4 or 5 million to spend since last week, or before, so a DoF worth his salt would have had 2 quality players lined up in advance of Adam's departure, but no, not a single major signing to make up for the debacle of Jan '23.

That's why the jury is out, and for many of us, he is part of the problem, not the solution. 

JDT's talent has provided protection for him for 18 months, but many of us see-through that.

Are you any clearer now? 

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 2