BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Pretty sure GB said no one had ever won the appeal before (following the O'Brien fiasco) so it would seem totally pointless appealing this when it inevitably gets rejected. Although the situations are slightly different, an appeal just pointlessly drags it out in some horrifically cringe inducing manner.

They appealed as a courtesy to O’Brien who couldn’t play for either Forest nor Rovers at the time. It ‘worked out’ eventually with MLS being an option. 

This time I doubt we’ll appeal and will work on a summer move instead. McGuire can continue playing for Orlando in the meanwhile. 

The EFL really made a mess I think, it’s okay to be strict but they should take more consideration to the player in question. Big fine for Rovers and play on. Imo. 

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

How many times can a man turn his head
And pretend that he just doesn't see?

The answer my friend is living in Pune, the answer is living in Pune.

Meanwhile ....

My favourite version of that song, which I only recently discovered!!

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

They aren't getting that money back, ever.

There is no realistic way they can claw it all back. 

Surely, the "best" solution is for them to draw a line under it, write it off and sell up, rather than continuing to stack more and more on top?

Something has told me - for a long time - that they’d rather see it burn than admit they got it wrong. That’s the issue for me. If they go unchecked, they will let it die.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Wait, do we actually use a fax machine? I thought that was a joke

Tommy doesn’t know what the forms were, but knows exactly which office appliance they were left on, which is an obsolete piece of equipment no longer used in transfers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Just a minor update... And one that has blown my mind.

Some of the forms needed to register McGuire were lying on top of the fax machine and hadn't been sent. Whether these were visa, international clearance/registration I do not know. The club sent all relevant forms to the EFL and went ahead with the announcement. It wasn't until hours later that this was discovered thus creating the mess we are now in.

I wish it was satire. An incredibly embarrassing situation that has created a whole host of finger-pointing and infighting. Heads will roll, it's just unclear which buffoon will be made the scapegoat.

Can’t be that stupid, if all the paper work to sign him as done just not the registration paper work then it wouldn’t be an issue, we can at any point sign a free agent and register them, QPR did it today! 

8 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Some of the forms needed to register McGuire were lying on top of the fax machine and hadn't been sent. Whether these were visa, international clearance/registration I do not know. The club sent all relevant forms to the EFL and went ahead with the announcement. It wasn't until hours later that this was discovered thus creating the mess we are now in.

I wish it was satire. An incredibly embarrassing situation that has created a whole host of finger-pointing and infighting. Heads will roll, it's just unclear which buffoon will be made the scapegoat.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If anything sums up the sheer incompetence of the ownership and hierarchy of this football club, this is it.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Tommy doesn’t know what the forms were, but knows exactly which office appliance they were left on, which is an obsolete piece of equipment no longer used in transfers.

A digital fax my friend

1 minute ago, TommyRovers said:

A digital fax my friend

You know what continent McGuire is on at the moment? It was a 50/50 stab last week and your info was 4000 miles off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I thought that the EFL had a computer based system that clubs access which is essentially idiot proof if the instructions and prompts are followed.

The EFL handle loads of this stuff.

I think I've also heard this. But there'd also be the need to have documents physically signed, scanned and sent, unless they accept digital signature?

6 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

You mean email? 

I was going to post then saw yours. Surely the EFL have pdf pro or docusign capabilities. 

Edit: I saw KentExile's link. It is digital.

Edited by speeeeeeedie
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

This reminds me of the film "Schindler's List"where Schindler employed all the young jewish children to make ammunition for Hitler's war effort but during the night he himself went into the factory to make a mess of their expert work so that not a single shell or bullet would get to Hitler's army.

Who's faffing around with fax machines? Suhail?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Anyone else couldn't give a shit what happened?

They have all got to go... Venky's, Waggott, Suhail... the lot.

Not according to a tonne of ‘em I’ve seen on Twitter tonight. There is A LOT out in force defending Venky’s.

’Didn’t hear from any of them (the fans) last season when things were good.’ ‘£5m for Hyam and Szmodics last season alone’ ‘they sold the training ground just to stop us from going into admin’. 

Just a few of the comments I’ve seen tonight.

Edited by G Somerset Rover

1 minute ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Not according to a tonne of ‘em I’ve seen on Twitter tonight. There is A LOT out in force defending Venky’s.

’Didn’t hear from any of them (the fans) last season when things were good.’ ‘£5m for Hyam and Szmodics last season alone’ ‘they sold the training ground just to stop us from going into admin’. 

Just a few of the comments I’ve seen tonight.

the kind of people who will be still be defending venkys when we are in the bottom half of league one,"we can`t compete with the likes of bolton,peterborough and barnsley" will be the staple phrase,utter muppets,it`s like stating the fire won`t reach us when the building is ablaze

• Like 2