BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Perhaps the finance dept in iNdia were expecting Gallagher out to cover this and when they heard that wasn't actually the case the plug was pulled.

Left arm, right arm, massive time void between here and India.

8 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

If Venkys continue digging their heels in then we can only hope that the hearings continue to go badly (for Venkys). We won't have another Wharton to sell come the summer. It'll be c. £8m for Szmodics at best I reckon (what is he, 29?). Carter £5m? What then?

You'd like to think the penny could finally be dropping for them, but I appreciate we've all said this for many years.

Both sold, Gallagher leaves on a free, hyam and tronstad also sold if suitable offers come in

I believe they will be after another 25% budget reduction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

If Venkys continue digging their heels in then we can only hope that the hearings continue to go badly (for Venkys). We won't have another Wharton to sell come the summer. It'll be c. £8m for Szmodics at best I reckon (what is he, 29?). Carter £5m? What then?

You'd like to think the penny could finally be dropping for them, but I appreciate we've all said this for many years.

You'd think so, but it's unlikely. Thinking the penny has dropped would be giving them credit. It's why i've wondered if they can offset losses from here against some of their profitable businesses. It sounds dodgy as hell, but I have no idea why they'd operate a business that has essentially been failing for over a decade. It makes no sense. 

Unless owning us gives them some kind of additional access to UK systems, services as a business.

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Simply not good enough from Rovers. The lack of communication to the fans is truly pathetic and unbelievable. This McGuire fiasco is becoming soap opera now..

Waggott and Broughton should have held interviews explaining the problems with McGuire transfer and the lack of spending despite Wharton being sold. 

We should have invest some of the money in January. Max Bird and Paddy McNair 

It's pathetic but not unbelievable for this club. In fact it's par for the course. 

4 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Unless owning us gives them some kind of additional access to UK systems, services as a business.

..... or money laundering / tax evasion. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, den said:

The answers to this current fiasco don’t currently lie with sackings in the U.K. The answers lie with Venkys and the courts in India. The future of our club lies in India. If this situation is going to go on for any length at all - even another 12 months - Venkys need to act. Seems to me there’s very little time.

one more… Why would Maguire or his club even think of discussing a pre-contract deal for Maguire in the summer (as has been reported) with a club that currently can’t pay a fee?

Freudian slip there in view of speculation that Rovers might have spelt his name wrongly on the paperwork

18 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

There's a few variants of the name McGuire........McGwire, McGwyre, McQuire, for instance, and, most commonly, Maguire

It wouldn't be surprising if they misspelt it on the form but it would be typical of the low calibre people at Ewood 

It is amazing - after last season you would have thought everything would have two sets of eyes on it. You have to think it has been deliberate - e.g. last minute owners say we can't pay a loan fee - what do we do, we have verbal agreements with player and his club - only option is to mess up paperwork again to prevent it going through. Maybe it comes under conspiracy - but given recent revelations could be plausible.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

This transfer of McGuire was 100% cocked up on purpose. Call me a pessimist, a conspiracy theorist, whatever. Every sale that requires money being spent gets fucked about for months. O’riordan took all month to sort and it was £500k. Funny how there’s never any paperwork ‘issues’ on outgoings. Ennis’ 11th hour move went through just fine…

Kyle McFadzean said in his interview with Radio Lancs that it took a week to sort a free transfer from Coventry.  No fee involved, yet it seemingly takes forever to get anything approved. If this was any other business then people would be fired for sheer incompetence. 

• Like 4

Not a hope in hell the transfer has gone through. The EFL can't bend the rules or be lenient otherwise they'd be open to every legal challenge under the sun from other clubs. Ultimately it doesn't matter which form wasn't submitted, whether it was wrong or late, we didn't do it correctly so the form is null and void. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Freudian slip there in view of speculation that Rovers might have spelt his name wrongly on the paperwork

Not sure who it was, but somebody definitely posted a throwaway comment on here prior to his 'signing' that they hoped they'd put McGuire & not Maguire on the paperwork - many a true word & all that!

Edit: found it - looks like @Tugayisgod had a 6th sense!

image.png.b12214989a65ed64ff5c261da2609ef9.png

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, dallydally said:
59 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Still no actual news if Mcguires loan went through or not? 

It didn't!!

Is this confirmed or not? I can't keep up while trying to work. What a complete and utter shambles

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Not a hope in hell the transfer has gone through. The EFL can't bend the rules or be lenient otherwise they'd be open to every legal challenge under the sun from other clubs. Ultimately it doesn't matter which form wasn't submitted, whether it was wrong or late, we didn't do it correctly so the form is null and void. 

Agreed. They can't allow it or it sets the precedent for the future/all clubs.

• Like 1

Still a deafening silence from Ewood 4 days on. I’m sure there will be a lot of infighting whilst they decide who will take the blame for this one. They threw Broughton under the bus last year and know by doing so again it will ultimately cost him his job.

It’s a scandal. I have always been appreciative of the financial backing over the last 10 years but there is no reasonable excuse for this latest debacle.

There is no way our club can improve or even sustain under this current ownership model.

”But who would buy us” is a nonsense argument . Has there every been a club that hasn’t been bought when up for sale?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Good article there. 

Maybe our calls for Jackson to do his job were taken on board.

Even the two comments are normal.

Fair play to the LT and Jackson on this one. Goes to show how important the LT could be in getting the truth out there and bringing fans together against this joke of an ownership. I mean, a lot of Rovers fans rely solely on the LT for their club news and there has rarely been an article like this in recent times.

We've been saying many of these things for a while about the hierarchy, but get called angry, negative, conspiracy theorists etc. However, when the LT prints an article like this, it has an impact. Pleased to see many in the comments section there are now realising what the problem is. A few of those have been staunch Venky defenders in the past too. The tide might be turning.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Agreed. They can't allow it or it sets the precedent for the future/all clubs.

Imagine they allow it and Rovers avoid relegation on the last day with McGuire scoring the winner, all hell would (rightly) break loose. 

The football authorities got away lightly with the Tevez and Mascherano case years ago, don't think they can take that risk again.

21 minutes ago, robfranlong81 said:

Kyle McFadzean said in his interview with Radio Lancs that it took a week to sort a free transfer from Coventry.  No fee involved, yet it seemingly takes forever to get anything approved. If this was any other business then people would be fired for sheer incompetence. 

It's things like this that frustrates the hell out of me when people call out vocal fans who are anti the ownership. The evidence is there from the horses mouth, this carry on in a simple trade should be a red flag to anybody.

31 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

New remit for recruitment team, only sign players with names that are easy to spell.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, blondie said:

New remit for recruitment team, only sign players with names that are easy to spell.

We’ve a history of spelling names wrong. 😂

IMG_3321.gif

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Perhaps the finance dept in iNdia were expecting Gallagher out to cover this and when they heard that wasn't actually the case the plug was pulled.

Left arm, right arm, massive time void between here and India.

The Ennis fee would have covered the Mcguire loan fee though which I suspect was why the Mcguire deal was resurrected in that fashion.

Its nice of the LT to come sheepishly to the party albeit a couple of weeks late. Remember Jackson originally described people commenting on this as being "sensationalist".  Perhaps on balance his paymasters decided it would have made them look very foolish if for instance Rovers had gone into administration and they hadn't even acknowledged any goings on as previously was the case. Good to see that they are finally on board though as it will increase the pressure on the Club and they might not be quite as inclined in future  to simply put out the usual offerings of PR fluff from the Club to pacify/mislead the fans.

Nothing new in the LT article that we couldn't reasonably deduce from the fact that the original Mcguire deal was pulled mid flight and replaced by a proposed loan deal. And we knew previously the Court hearing had been postponed so financial issues were likely.

It STILL doesn't explain though how we managed to fuck up the loan deal (like 12 months ago) after it was authorised.

Reverting back to your first paragraph the most sensible move of the window would indeed have been to offload Gallagher and bring in Mcguire permanently at zero net cost. We don't often do sensible though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

There's a few variants of the name McGuire........McGwire, McGwyre, McQuire, for instance, and, most commonly, Maguire

It wouldn't be surprising if they misspelt it on the form but it would be typical of the low calibre people at Ewood 

All they had to do was copy it off his passport. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Still a deafening silence from Ewood 4 days on. I’m sure there will be a lot of infighting whilst they decide who will take the blame for this one. They threw Broughton under the bus last year and know by doing so again it will ultimately cost him his job.

It’s a scandal. I have always been appreciative of the financial backing over the last 10 years but there is no reasonable excuse for this latest debacle.

There is no way our club can improve or even sustain under this current ownership model.

”But who would buy us” is a nonsense argument . Has there every been a club that hasn’t been bought when up for sale?

Well, they didn't exactly "throw Broughton under the bus" last year, either he owned up to it because it was his fault like he said or it wasn't his fault in which case it was obviously agreed between everyone that he would front up to it with no comeback for anyone.

Either way the failure of a transfer like that is his responsibility as DOF. And its now happened twice.

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The Ennis fee would have covered the Mcguire loan fee though which I suspect was why the Mcguire deal was resurrected in that fashion.

And there's another variation. This is catching

Scuttled at the last minute on orders from vermin via their lackey who then instructed his pet minion to tell a functionary to do it.

It doesn't matter then what plug was actually pulled.

And we want a fall guy punished? ...  whilst the shit stains open another bottle of port and toast the cash pocketed and multi level arse covering successfully expedited.... They 🤔

Edited by AllRoverAsia