BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 4/10/2023

8 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

No, we didn't. We faced a team that was in the play-off final last season away. What did you expect? Of course conceding a goal like that after 85 minutes is devastating, but that's just our luck at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Haji Wright cost €9m and came on for Simms who cost £8m (?)....that's the difference.

Yep Coventry are amazing. What else can we expect.

It’s just an absolute fluke that Huddersfield, Cardiff, Hull, Watford, Sunderland, Swansea and, err, A.F.C. Wimbledon have all managed to avoid losing to them this season.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, RTM08 said:

We can forget about the playoffs this season. We're dire at both ends of the pitch and that is 100% at Venky's door. Though Broughton's signings have been largely pointless as well.

I forgot about it when Swagg shared the season objective.

• Like 2

The blame 1000% on the oweners.

However the manager still has to perform with what’s in front of him. He’s not doing that and I’m slowly loosing patience with him.

Weve lost to a poor Coventry side tonight and if we loose on Saturday then JDT should be worried for his employment.

On a plus - I’m very confident we won’t get relegated but we damn well won’t be in the top half.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Coventry were dreadful and still won. You don't have to do much to score against us...but great passing football so all good. If you can't do the basics right then you're never gonna get results. JDT has got it hopelessly wrong this season with the way he's approached it. Trying to play like Barcelona on our budget is a very smart move.

5th from bottom and the worst defensive record. I'd get rid ASAP and get an organiser through the door.  

Who?

4 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

We are just above the drop zone. 
Sunderland are firmly in run for the playoffs. 

Boro and Coventry both had 12 points at this stage last season, with Boro at 24p after 20 matches (Rovers on 36). It's a loooooooooong season mate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I was making a direct comparison between two almost identical situations. 

We also had a goal ruled out that the weasel weak ref had given. 

Yeah the ref was bizarre. He gave us a free kick for a perfect tackle on Moran that was literally 1 yard in front of him. 

Coventry didn’t look up too much. £15m of strikers looked pretty average, just unfortunately our team of pocket change and academy grads looked even worse!

Edited by superniko

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Adam Wharton...quoted 15-30m in the summer...what happened to last season?

Yeah, Ive put his drop in form down to him being put under too much pressure in the mad ultra aggressive way we were playing. But today with Hill in there we were much more solid, not too much pressure on him but he was really ordinary. Tronstad looked a better bet...

1 minute ago, den said:

JDT has been done over by the owners. That’s the bottom line. They just don’t understand the dangers of doing nothing.

The problem is, Waggot’s delivered a promotion, so they believe everything the bloke says, all whilst spending next to nothing. No other chef exec. has done  anything under Venky’s, apart from to tell them how incompetent they are. 

Edited by scotchrover

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Yep Coventry are amazing. What else can we expect.

It’s just an absolute fluke that Huddersfield, Cardiff, Hull, Watford, Sunderland, Swansea and, err, A.F.C. Wimbledon have all managed to avoid losing to them.

Judging by our performances so far this season, did you expect us to go there and dominate? Head firmly planted in the sand if that's the case.

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Relying on a free transfer from League One. Think we just need to get onboard with Swaggots goal of obtaining safety.

Well one of Ennis, Gallagher, Telalovic or Leonard needs to turn into a genuine Championship striker.... I think Ennis most likely. But we will see.

Yet again people will doom and gloom again on here. Let's put it some perspective 

Overall it was a much better defensively which plenty on this messageboard wanted before the match, so lets not forget this. 

We also have a perfect legit goal not given despite the ref given it but a linesman who was further away and probably not a clear view gives a foul. This was the same ref that last season gave Coventry's keeper Ben Wilson goal so it is no surprise. I don't know how this guy is allow to ref again, Maybe we should adapt Klopp's stance and asked for the game to be replayed as he wants for Liverpool vs Spurs. 

Sigurdsson had a golden goal to square the ball for either Moran or Szmodics to score in an entire goal and he wants for goal where it was easy save for the keeper. 

Hill looked good today and made us more solid. Wahlstedt made a solid debut and made 2 smart saves. 

It was no way a bad performance again. It was tight game and we lost cos the ref didn't given a perfect legit goal.  

Time to go to QPR now and win the game. I have full faith in JDT and the players to deliver this. Come on Rovers!!! JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵!!!

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.png.cb81e137c6672ab7c7a4fdaaa6d2c766.png

That example you wanted @K-Hod

They’ve a right to an opinion, as much as it’s clear as day that the main problem is in the board room.

That being said, JDT hasn’t helped himself in recent weeks. Today I’m not sure that’s on him, though.

• Like 1