BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 4/10/2023

15 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Where did Broughton find this Grabbi fella ? He hasn't touched it yet this season.

Proven striker.

we didn't have the funds for a proven striker. Telalovic is work in progress and he will improve under JDT so lets put some proper perspective on it.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Judging by our performances so far this season, did you expect us to go there and dominate? Head firmly planted in the sand if that's the case.

No. I expect us to not lose 5 out of 6 including 4 on the bounce.

As an isolated result and performance it’s not that bad, but the bigger picture is that we suddenly look a soft team who don’t look like winning. To dismiss it as “oh it’s Coventry, what do you expect” ( who remember have only been in the league one year) is more head in the sand than expecting us to grind more than 3 points out of 6 games.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

Whilst I have ever faith in him, I'd be interested to know if many of the people feeling sorry for JDT would have the same sympathy if it was our previous manager in charge under the same circumstances. He seems to get a free pass from some. 

JDT clearly deserved more but 20th is desperately poor and inexcusable. 

That being said, I do like him and think he'll get us going. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BigBar said:

We need horrible old style manager, this isn't working and doesn't look like it's going to. I'm not confident whoever the manager is with this lot but this is all too familiar and we are on a rotten run. Most teams worked us out last season , not it appears all have.

There's a chap called Allardyce, he's just put away his Golf Clubs as he doesn't like " winter greens " , and currently sat at home binging on 2nd rate Netflix series !! He's looking for a post to get him through to next May ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Not good enough, 4 losses on the trot, and a scrap incoming which im not convinced we have the bollocks for, certainly without the experience.

Disallowed goal was the correct decision. We didnt create that much for all of the pretty passing. And terrible by Sigurdsson to not square it.

14 shots and had one more on target than Coventry. We have a hopeless set of forwards.

How is the disallowed goal the correct decision? Referee gave it then took it back after their fans kicked off, then he talked to the linesman who was further away, as well as poor all game, missing a foul on JRC that was right in front of him.

Their goalie didn't look as if he had hands on it when Moran kicked it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Yeah the ref was bizarre. He gave us a free kick for a perfect tackle on Moran that was literally 1 yard in front of him. 

Coventry didn’t look up too much. £15m of strikers looked pretty average, just unfortunately our team of pocket change and academy grads looked even worse!

Aye, it's not good ATM. 

We need a bit of luck, confidence will start to drain out if this continues.

Nobody has out-played, we are invariably the better team from box-to-box. A mixture of bad luck, bad decisions and shite goalkeeping has cost us a lot of points.

Still, a long way to go. 

I'd be more concerned if we were being out-played every week. Surely the tide must turn at some point?

Keep the faith and all that!

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again people will doom and gloom again on here. Let's put it some perspective 

Overall it was a much better defensively which plenty on this messageboard wanted before the match, so lets not forget this. 

We also have a perfect legit goal not given despite the ref given it but a linesman who was further away and probably not a clear view gives a foul. This was the same ref that last season gave Coventry's keeper Ben Wilson goal so it is no surprise. I don't know how this guy is allow to ref again, Maybe we should adapt Klopp's stance and asked for the game to be replayed as he wants for Liverpool vs Spurs. 

Sigurdsson had a golden goal to square the ball for either Moran or Szmodics to score in an entire goal and he wants for goal where it was easy save for the keeper. 

Hill looked good today and made us more solid. Wahlstedt made a solid debut and made 2 smart saves. 

It was no way a bad performance again. It was tight game and we lost cos the ref didn't given a perfect legit goal.  

Time to go to QPR now and win the game. I have full faith in JDT and the players to deliver this. Come on Rovers!!! JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵!!!

We just lost again? Do you expect cartwheels and confetti?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

They’ve a right to an opinion, as much as it’s clear as day that the main problem is in the board room.

That being said, JDT hasn’t helped himself in recent weeks. Today I’m not sure that’s on him, though.

Eh? Who said they couldn't have an opinion?

A few days ago you wanted an example. Just giving you one (matron)

And IMO none of it is on JDT. It's on the dickheads above him. 

• Backroom

A really poor result, we just don’t have any bite, 3 times in stoppage time the mundane commentator on sky said we needed some urgency yet Travis and others refused to put a ball into the box.

Not sure if JDT will walk; not sure he’s paid his dues yet, at present he’s looking about as good as we look as a team!

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

They’ve a right to an opinion, as much as it’s clear as day that the main problem is in the board room.

That being said, JDT hasn’t helped himself in recent weeks. Today I’m not sure that’s on him, though.

None of this is on JDT. He is trying to play an attacking style of play. We have played some very good attractive football so far this season. 

Today's defeat is on a ref who gave a legit goal then bottled it when a linesman supposedly saw a foul 

12 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Coventry were dreadful and still won. You don't have to do much to score against us...but great passing football so all good. If you can't do the basics right then you're never gonna get results. JDT has got it hopelessly wrong this season with the way he's approached it. Trying to play like Barcelona on our budget is a very smart move.

5th from bottom and the worst defensive record. I'd get rid ASAP and get an organiser through the door.  

woah, Why am I'm not surprised by people turning on JDT already. I would stick with JDT, he is build a squad playing a good style of football and entertain the fans 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

None of this is on JDT. He is trying to play an attacking style of play. We have played some very good attractive football so far this season. 

Today's defeat is on a ref who gave a legit goal then bottled it when a linesman supposedly saw a foul 

woah, Why am I'm not surprised by people turning on JDT already. I would stick with JDT, he is build a squad playing a good style of football and entertain the fans 

Yeah, good football isn't entertaining in the slightest if you lose every game and get relegated. Just ask Owen Coyle.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again people will doom and gloom again on here. Let's put it some perspective 

Overall it was a much better defensively which plenty on this messageboard wanted before the match, so lets not forget this. 

We also have a perfect legit goal not given despite the ref given it but a linesman who was further away and probably not a clear view gives a foul. This was the same ref that last season gave Coventry's keeper Ben Wilson goal so it is no surprise. I don't know how this guy is allow to ref again, Maybe we should adapt Klopp's stance and asked for the game to be replayed as he wants for Liverpool vs Spurs. 

Sigurdsson had a golden goal to square the ball for either Moran or Szmodics to score in an entire goal and he wants for goal where it was easy save for the keeper. 

Hill looked good today and made us more solid. Wahlstedt made a solid debut and made 2 smart saves. 

It was no way a bad performance again. It was tight game and we lost cos the ref didn't given a perfect legit goal.  

Time to go to QPR now and win the game. I have full faith in JDT and the players to deliver this. Come on Rovers!!! JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵!!!

'Play well' and lose!

What the feck happens when we are poor!?!?

No gloss, we are deep in sh1te - wake up and smell the coffee.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry Chaddy I don’t share your confidence in JDT he’s a good manager but he needs to learn that we can’t be as gung ho as we are. We are virtually playing 4-2-4 and also 3-3-4 a lot of the time. It’s fine if we score lots of goals by playing this way but don’t do it only needs errors for goals to be scored against us. 
When we don’t have a striker we are better suited to a counter offensive game plan like we had at Watford. We are playing pretty football but it’s suicide football. We have to change otherwise we will end up getting relegated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smiller14 said:

Whilst I have ever faith in him, I'd be interested to know if many of the people feeling sorry for JDT would have the same sympathy if it was our previous manager in charge under the same circumstances. He seems to get a free pass from some. 

JDT clearly deserved more but 20th is desperately poor and inexcusable. 

That being said, I do like him and think he'll get us going. 

If Owen Coyle or TM was in the dugout, then I think we'd see a very different reaction. JDT has enough credit in the bank for most fans after last season. 

He's a very good coach and he'd do very well with a team who can afford better attacking players. He's not the right fit for us this season given the squad we have. We need to be scrappy, hard to beat, and not give too much away. TM tried the possession based style of football and abandoned it pretty quickly as we were seeing what we see now - a hatful of goals conceded. We had better players then too.

If we play this style of football then we'll be bottom 6.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

It's very clear that our fitness standards are pretty high. Our style of play requires a high level of fitness and we've signed a number of players who have been deemed to not meet that requirement in their first few weeks.

There's a difference between his match fitness and his fitness for a medical. JDT has not implied that he was unfit to sign.

He didn't even bring him on tonight.

Why would he sign a player with such an iffy fitness record for such a high intensity style of play in the first place ?

There's a difference between being fit and being JDT fit so surely any medical reflects that ?