BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (h) - 29/11/23 - 7.45 pm

28 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Whilst he had a good game Mike, compared to his recent performances it was below par. Gave the ball away a couple of times. The standard he has set is high though. I gave him a 7/10 

Football is a funny old game. At 3-0 I put a video of me and the mrs opening up a bottle of Prosecco in our football chat. Full of “bluenoses”. I had to try and make a joke of it at 3-2 with my head in my hands…

We started both halves superbly. Unfortunately, in the 1st half we couldn’t make it count but well and truly made up for it. I think Blues are a poor side. They take far too many shots outside of the box for me. Part of me was wondering today if that comes from Rooney or if he just has a squad who thinks they can pull off the miracle every time 

Szmodics has been a revelation this season. What a player. The runs he makes frighten defenders. Let me tell you, when you have a player running like that for 90 mins, it’s your worst nightmare. You want to defend against a Jutkiewic (however it’s spelt). It’s easier. Sammie gives everybody a hard time and with the quality of Whartons passing it is really starting to show 

Moran and Leonard were good today too. Moran occasionally sloppy, but given we win you can forget 

I must be part of the few not overly enthused about Sigurdson. Again I look back at who I’d rather defend against. Give me a choice of him or Dolan and I’d take Sigurdson any day of the week. Dolan isn’t the best I have seen at this level but feel he offers more. I think Anor has a lot to prove in this team imo 

Carter and Hill superb again. Love them two. Especially Carter as he’s “one of our own”. Hill is every bit the premiership defender imo, and will have a successful career in the top divisions. Pickering solid again. Brittain is definitely a winger over a defender - once again he was sold through his legs. You notice these things when you’re playing to someone like that. A player who gets megged regularly is “diving in”. He’s a liability defensively, but his energy and his work rate as a winger shines through 

We move to within 2 pts of the play offs. Not bad with a “dud DOF”, “kids” on loan and freebies eh 

Maybe the footballing team down Ewood know a bit more than some are willing to let on 

Agree with a lot of this but I think your assessment of brittain is very harsh. He's obviously more of an attacking full back in general I don't think he's a a bad 1v1 defender.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.thumb.png.a72d39c27d320ee69d4214d6139dbe76.png

Form guide over the last 8 games, and that's with half the team missing. 

Superb effort from the manager and players. 

With Dolan going off injured tonight that's 10 senior players out. 

Agreed about the manager and those players that are fit. I'm surprised we are even competing tbh. 

Very proud of the deserved win tonight. 

• Like 3

"Them" two Carter and Hill played well again tonight and Hill has been a revelation across the defence all this season but I would still prefer Carter and Hyam as my 2 central defenders with Hill at right back.

Szmodics needs to be wrapped in cotton wool between games, he's in such good form that an injury to him is unthinkable.

Talking of injuries, how near are any of the walking wounded, especially the excellent JRC, near to returning? The squad is so tight that any of "them" players coming back would be a bonus

• Like 4

Started really bright but Dolan’s injury caused us to look quite ragged. Travis and/or Brittain really needed subbing off at half time, and JDT got it right. We really clicked for 20 minutes and when we do we are as good as anyone. Wharton and Szmodics combining is lethal. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Why are people jibing at people who rate some players and not others? Highlighting Pickering and A.Wharton, I rate Wharton massively and don't rate Pickering at all, is that allowed? Strange stuff after an enjoyable game and result.

"And for those of you who give player X a hard time"...give it a rest.

It’s perfectly allowed for you to state your opinion, just as it is for me to tell you’re wrong about Pickering.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

"Them" two Carter and Hill played well again tonight and Hill has been a revelation across the defence all this season but I would still prefer Carter and Hyam as my 2 central defenders with Hill at right back.

Szmodics needs to be wrapped in cotton wool between games, he's in such good form that an injury to him is unthinkable.

Talking of injuries, how near are any of the walking wounded, especially the excellent JRC, near to returning? The squad is so tight that any of "them" players coming back would be a bonus

hyam should be fit by mid december,same with gally,the rest are long term,dolan`s injury looked bad,he was on crutches when he came back out of the dressing room

3 minutes ago, only2garners said:

It’s perfectly allowed for you to state your opinion, just as it is for me to tell you’re wrong about Pickering.

Whilst we are all entitled to our opinions let's not forget that that those who do feature on the pitch are giving their all. 

For me, not one of them deserves slating. Great few days for the Rovers. 

• Like 4

Taking Travis off was probably to do with his impending suspension after he got his fifth yellow card of the season. The threshold is 19 games and hopefully Szmodics (on four) doesn't get one on Saturday otherwise he'll miss the Leeds game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, only2garners said:

If its OK for everyone to state their opinions on players I'll chip in by saying that it is you who is wrong about Pickering not him. He's a defensive liability in my book.