BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (a) - 2/12/23

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

I think the commentators said we have lost the last 8 games away from home to promoted league 1 sides (it was something along these lines). 

Absolutely sums up Blackburn Rovers under Venkys

Wow. If true that's a very poor stat.

16 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Wow. If true that's a very poor stat.

Just checking it now….

Wednesday, Plymouth, Ipswich this season all lost already away

Rotherham, Wigan, Sunderland last season we lost all 3 away from home

Peterborough, Hull, Blackpool the season before that, we lost all 3 away from home

Year before that we drew 1, lost 1, won 1.

So it’s now 9 games we’ve lost in a row to the promoted league 1 teams away from home. Just shows how weak we are really

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Being saying it for ages, we need 2 or 3 real scumbags in our team who can look after our 'kids' and kick the feck out of the opposition if need be.

Feck the purists and the dreamers (get off fantasy island and wake up and smell the coffee), you also need physicality and aggression to go with the skill, to get out of this league.

A feckin sickener today.  Rovers are like one big tease where the big moment never arrives.

But before the game you kept saying how confident you were that our team would win ! Why do you wait until after the game to "wake up and smell the coffee " ?

• Like 4

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, superniko said:

So it’s now 9 games we’ve lost in a row to the promoted league 1 teams away from home. Just shows how weak we are really

A big fat zero points from 27 on offer makes it sound even worse. 

Or 4 from 36 if we include the year before. 

Awful. 

• Backroom

As far as this season is concerned, I can forgive the Ipswich and Plymouth results to some degree. Ipswich are making a mockery of the league and most of the teams in it thus far, and have won 9 of their 10 home games. Plymouth have won 6 of their 10 home games, so are actually pretty solid on their own turf. It's their away form that drags them down, as they've won no away games. 3-0 was still a dismal result, but, few teams have found Plymouth away an easy match.

Today's result however is absolutely unacceptable, regardless of circumstances. 

Would be interested to know our local derby stats in recent times too. Imagine they are also extremely poor. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Blaming the ref ..... last resort of a well beaten team

no Jim, Its what actually happened during the game. What do you honestly think JDT got sent off for? 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Leonard, Moran, Wharton, Carter, Wahlstedt, The whole bench.

Carter is almost 24 years old and played over 120 games

Wahlstedt is 24 years old and played over 120 games. 

Moran and Leonard are 20 years old. 

hardly kids are they? 

A very lethargic and tired rovers team today versus a very poor team in Sheffield Wednesday. At 1-1 I thought we would have stepped up to win that very winnable game but then the referee had a brain fart, had his eyes closed and allowed a goal that should never have been. 

I've never slated referees on here. I only comment on them if I think they have done well. But today, that guy changed the game with his incompetent display. His assistants were no better aswell. 

I feel sorry for JDT, as a team we are knackered and have way to many injuries and the bench has very limited experience at this level. 

Thanks venkys. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

But before the game you kept saying how confident you were that our team would win ! Why do you wait until after the game to "wake up and smell the coffee " ?

I was confident before the game.

We should have been out of sight with the chances we had and SW would have just shriveled up and died.

Give some teams half a sniff and they will get a foothold by fair means or foul and when the latter happens, we just can't handle it and shrivel up ourselves.  Sadly, we have no 'tough' players who get going when the going gets 'tough' and this is why we need 2 or 3 scumbag type players to see it through.  Teams know we can be bullied and we get bullied - we saw this with PNE and today.

I smelt the coffee a long time ago and have been posting as such for some time.

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We should have been out of sight with the chances we had and SW would have just shriveled up and died.

Give some teams half a sniff and they will get a foothold by fair means or foul and when the latter happens, we just can't handle it and shrivel up ourselves.  Sadly, we have no 'tough' players who get going when the going gets 'tough' and this is why we need 2 or 3 scumbag type players to see it through.  Teams know we can be bullied and we get bullied - we saw this with PNE and today.

When I saw the bench I was expecting this sort of performance. You can’t keep going for 2 games a week without being able to rest players .We’ve nearly another possible starting 11 better than today’s starting 11 out injured today. Just a couple of them may have made a difference if we could have brought them on for the last 30 minutes.  We haven’t got the resources to cope with so many missing. Not many championship level teams have. We’re in for a tough ride until we can get some bodies back on the pitch.

Regarding “ Kids “ some players are “ Kids “ all their lives. Wayne Rooney was a man at 17. It’s not just about chronological age it’s about attitude.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, onlyoneDuff said:

Callum Britain certainly knows how to shirk a tackle...unforgiveable when we are in their half while chasing a goal...numerous times it happened...did he win one 50/50 ball?

I thought he was more than a bit 'frit' today ..

Saying that he isn't a left winger !

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We shouldn't have lost after the equaliser the players cannot see games out..Today and on Wednesday v Birmingham...