BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (a) - 2/12/23

SW get a draw at home v Leicester and suddenly they are to be feared?

Their equaliser in that game came from a Buckley hopeful high punt  nodded on by a porky bloke with grey hair and a beer gut to someone who Leicester forgot was on the pitch who scored unchecked.

They are bottom for a reason and we are good away.

Even if we are shit on the day a draw will be a disappointment.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, 47er said:

In short its another one of those banana-skin games where we are on a good run and we're all confident of a result!

Been there, bought the tee shirt etc etc. Games are only easy when you’ve made them easy. No game is easy at 3-00 pm on Saturday afternoon. Take these lightly and we’ll come unstuck.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 47er said:

In short its another one of those banana-skin games where we are on a good run and we're all confident of a result!

It's the Championship and on any given day any team can beat another and under previous managers I might have been more cautious but I have total faith in Tomasson to prepare the players and have them in the right frame of mind.

Here's hoping 😂😂.

• Like 3

I feel this match will say a lot about our season.

Defeat (and arguably a draw) would feel like “same old Rovers” and just isn’t something a team with Top 6 aspirations end up with. 

Victory means the decent form continues, and has the potential to push us into the playoff places if Hull fail to beat Watford. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

I feel this match will say a lot about our season.

Defeat (and arguably a draw) would feel like “same old Rovers” and just isn’t something a team with Top 6 aspirations end up with. 

Victory means the decent form continues, and has the potential to push us into the playoff places if Hull fail to beat Watford. 

We can’t be unhappy with an away draw, especially under the circumstances. 

8 minutes ago, roverblue said:

We have to be looking for a comprehensive win given our away form and their overall form, going for a 0-3 rovers win.

On the flip side historically these are the sort of games where we slip up and lose.

I think any sort of win has to be seen as a positive with the players we have out. We're a defender short of being able to put out an Unavailable XI which is arguably better than our first team!

Pears

Hyam    Wharton  Barnes

Hedges    Travis JRC   Dolan

Gallager Ennis

• Like 2

Think he will play the same side that ended the game against Birmingham. Didnt see the game but we scored three once we went with a CF up top and put brittain back at right back.

Id like to see Siggy get a start. Would be ace if he could find some of his early form.

Leo

Brittain    Carter    Hill       Pickering

Tronstadt

Wharton     Szmodic

Moran             Leonard          Siggy    

17 hours ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

Been taken off sale now by the looks of it. Gutted. Could have bought one earlier online but couldn't see how I'd get it on time. No sale on day is ridiculous when plenty of allocation left unsold.

Ring the ticket office and buy them over the phone.

They will sort them out to collect at Hillsborough tomorrow.

You have just under 2 hours as they go off sale at 2pm!

• Like 1

Team pretty much picks itself with the injuries / suspensions:

Leo

Brittain    Carter    Hill       Pickering

Tronstad    Wharton

Szmodics

Moran         Leonard        Sigurdsson    

The only other option would be Garrett in midfield in place of Siggy/Leonard with Szmodics in the front 3  

• Like 1

Wednesday have certainly improved of late since the new manager came in, even if results have not. The stories if being unlucky, missed chances with an awful striker up front in Fletcher I hear on a daily basis. 

I can't make it tomorrow, local game for me as well, but if we play like we have been doing I see a win coming, its whether or not we can cope with the busy schedule schedule more than anything else after 2 touch games agaianst Stoke and Brum.

Wednesday 0 Rovers 2

Edited by Gav

Saw a post online after the Brum game after Sammie and Dembele both scored a brace and it was Peterboroughs front 3 from a few years back, Sammie, Dembele and Toney were up front for them. All have come a long way. Found it quite interesting.

Edited by BigBar
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Saw a post online after the Brum game after Sammie and Dembele both scored a brace and it was Peterboroughs front 3 from a few years back, Sammie, Dembele and Toney were up front for them. All have come a long way. Found it quite interesting.

They've seemed able to spot good goalscorers for quite a long time now. Dwight Gayle is another that comes to mind, but I'm sure they've had loads at L1 level. Clarke-Harris being one, and maybe Craig Mackail-Smith before then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I think any sort of win has to be seen as a positive with the players we have out. We're a defender short of being able to put out an Unavailable XI which is arguably better than our first team!

Pears

Hyam    Wharton  Barnes

Hedges    Travis JRC   Dolan

Gallager Ennis

Put JRC at right back and slot Gilsenan in in midfield and you have a full team.

34 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

They've seemed able to spot good goalscorers for quite a long time now. Dwight Gayle is another that comes to mind, but I'm sure they've had loads at L1 level. Clarke-Harris being one, and maybe Craig Mackail-Smith before then. 

Throw Jack Marriott and Britt Assombalonga into the mix!

• Like 2