BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (a) - 2/12/23

Thinking back to when Sigurdsson was on his way to fitness and the hopes being pinned on him, who would have believed that he wouldn't get in the starting 11 with 10 injuries? 

What has happened? 

Edited by M_B

11 minutes ago, M_B said:

Thinking back to when Sigurdsson was on his way to fitness and the hopes being pinned on him, who would have believed that he wouldn't get in the starting 11 with 10 injuries? 

What has happened? 

He hasn't lived up to expectations

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, M_B said:

What has happened? 

Doesn't press off the ball... the way we play that's a huge problem. If you don't press you don't play, JDTs been absolutely consistent about that. He'd rather play someone out of position who runs the yards. And I agree with him personally.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Classic Rovers, follow up a couple of good wins with a loss against a poor team. Fully expect us to bottle this, especially as we're not far off the top 6.

-----------------Wahlstedt

Brittain----Hill-----Carter----Pickering

------------Tronstad---Wharton

Moran--------Szmodics-----Sigurdsson

---------------------Leonard

Down to the bare bones is an understatement, probably a full bench of academy lads.

That’s a really solid team right there.

2,100 is a very decent following over there. Well done everyone

Another win and we are rolling. The morale looks great right now, even with the injuries. Moran has been a class above recently, and Tronstad has been an animal, so good to have a bit of physicality in the middle of the park. 

Edited by Fraserkirky

Wahlstedt

Hill.   Carter.    Wharton.  Pickering

Sondre.      Wharton

Moran.       Sammie.      Brittain

Leonard 

Feel like this is the most solid team we could start with in a tough looking away game.

7 hours ago, 3rdpillar said:

Seeing the way SWFC went after Leicester, I can only see defeat for us being pick pocketed trying to play out or losing in midfield to being harassed and kicked.  £5 on SW to win ina high scoring game, hope I lose. 

Yeah they pressed Leicester very well…However if we get past their midfield I think we will Still catch them.

JDT on Harry Leonard:-

"It's difficult to get up to speed in this tough league. We know he has great potential, a young boy who can score goals, link up play and do the right things. He is a nice boy and maybe too nice for this game and you are allowed to be tougher. He is 20 years of age, you'll never be the finished article. I am sure he has fire in his belly to be in the starting line-up and he can step up for us. It's a tough game and if you look at him, he is one of the unproven goal-scorers in the squad. We are trying to help him become a proven goal-scorer, he has a lot to learn but huge potential."

JDT understands these players so well he knows he can't just throw Harry in and expect results every time but at the same time he needs games to learn.

It's a balancing act but if we hadn't signed a crock and instead another match fit forward we've been desperate for for years then it would be easier to blood the likes of Leonard bit by bit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

JDT understands these players so well he knows he can't just throw Harry in and expect results every time but at the same time he needs games to learn.

It's a balancing act but if we hadn't signed a crock and instead another match fit forward we've been desperate for for years then it would be easier to blood the likes of Leonard bit by bit.

In JDT's defence he didn't sign Gallagher. 😉

Personally wouldn’t mind seeing Garrett start today and A.Wharton get a rest and be on the bench. Think A.Wharton has been a bit sloppy at times (while also being brilliant at times) think we need to remember his age and also while most of the team had time off, he’s been In The England setup. 
Thought Garrett looked very sharp when he came on against Stoke too. 

On 30/11/2023 at 14:59, simongarnerisgod said:

i know it sounds daft but id`e rest sammie and play leonard and telalovic,sammie is one booking away from being banned before the cut off i do believe,as much as their good result last night i still think wednesday are terrible and we should beat them easily without szmodics

time to release the big german☺️

Worrying times! I am not sure resting him will be a thing though 

On 30/11/2023 at 15:21, arbitro said:

The cut off is 19 games and Saturday is our 19th so Szmodics will have to tread carefully but I honestly wouldn't consider not starting him. Hopefully there is an opportunity to take him off if we get into a decent position.

He does have to manage himself. He is unbelievable for us but he has to be clever today