BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (a) - 2/12/23

I really dont want Szmodics getting a trivial booking and then being suspended. It was a given Travis would get one(and he is at least useful for 20 minutes for tiring legs).

Whether Garrett could come in as a number 10 with Leonard up front is a big ask.

Dont understand why Gilsenan hasnt had at least some minutes, even Bloxham?

Still so far JDT has game-managed the threadbare squad really well. 

41 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

I really dont want Szmodics getting a trivial booking and then being suspended. I

It really makes no difference. If he's rested he can then play against Leeds, so misses one game. If he plays and gets booked he will miss the Leeds game, so misses one game. If he plays and doesn't get booked he can play both and is past the first cut-off date.

• Like 2

Classic Rovers, follow up a couple of good wins with a loss against a poor team. Fully expect us to bottle this, especially as we're not far off the top 6.

-----------------Wahlstedt

Brittain----Hill-----Carter----Pickering

------------Tronstad---Wharton

Moran--------Szmodics-----Sigurdsson

---------------------Leonard

Down to the bare bones is an understatement, probably a full bench of academy lads.

Wahlstedt 

Brittain Hill Carter Pickering 

Tronstad Wharton

Moran Szmodics Sigurdsson 

Leonard

On 30/11/2023 at 14:59, simongarnerisgod said:

i know it sounds daft but id`e rest sammie and play leonard and telalovic,sammie is one booking away from being banned before the cut off i do believe,as much as their good result last night i still think wednesday are terrible and we should beat them easily without szmodics

time to release the big german☺️

Rest your top goalscorer and the heartbeat of the team cos of the possible another yellow card. Let's just pick our best 11 and win the game

• Like 3

Big blow to lose Dolan. None of us probably would have been too bothered at the beginning of the season but he's been brilliant recently. Still, I don't think we're weakened at all by Leonard coming in to replace him. 

All these injuries now could actually be GOOD for us. We usually tank around February because we run out of steam but we'll have load of first team players fit by then who won't have played a huge amount of football in the first half of the season. We cannot afford anymore injuries though as we're then down to teenagers who've never played first team football. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wahlstedt 

Brittain Hill Carter Pickering 

Tronstad Wharton

Moran Szmodics Sigurdsson 

Leonard

Rest your top goalscorer and the heartbeat of the team cos of the possible another yellow card. Let's just pick our best 11 and win the game

Totally agree. Sammie has to play tomorrow, we cannot take anyone for granted in this league. Play our best team and we'll prob win tomorrow. Play our best team against Leeds and there's a good chance we may still lose, so the focus is very much on winning tomorrow. 

• Like 1

I am more concerned about Szmodics not getting a yellow tomorrow than I am about him scoring. 

With him in our side against Leeds, Rovers would be competitive regardless of the injury list (assuming no bad news after the visit to Hillsborough). Without Szmodics, it will be a long lunchtime facing Leeds. 

6 hours ago, harryhealless1928 said:

I really dont want Szmodics getting a trivial booking and then being suspended. It was a given Travis would get one(and he is at least useful for 20 minutes for tiring legs).

Whether Garrett could come in as a number 10 with Leonard up front is a big ask.

Dont understand why Gilsenan hasnt had at least some minutes, even Bloxham?

I think Gilsenan has had some injury issues in the last few months, but I'd agree - I'd have hoped we'd have seen more of him (when fit).

Maybe he'll be on the bench tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a big ask expecting him to play repeated back to back 90 minutes though. 

With Leonard being a professional footballer, I can't see how it is a big ask for him to play two ninety minute games in a week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Still, I don't think we're weakened at all by Leonard coming in to replace him. 

We're weakened in the sense of wondering who comes on for Leonard if he's not firing or gets injured?

We're running out of options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

With Leonard being a professional footballer, I can't see how it is a big ask for him to play two ninety minute games in a week.

Hes never played repeated senior football and broke down before the last international break because of it. Plus we dont have any reasonable alternative to change it up if he is struggling/we would want something different alongside/instead of him.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes never played repeated senior football and broke down before the last international break because of it. Plus we dont have any reasonable alternative to change it up if he is struggling/we would want something different alongside/instead of him.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I agree, but I still think a pro footballer should be able to manage two games a week.