BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds Utd (h) - 9/12/23

3 minutes ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

Where was this ? I can't imagine Rovers being all over any ground in all fairness.

Anyway you've had the pleasure of us today. 

Enjoy.

I would think simongarnerisgods comment was a dig at your childish post, rather than a quote from reality.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

Apparently that's not what happened at all. There was Leeds all over the ground today. Loads in the main stand and plenty in the Riverside stand. Thankfully most showed a bit of decorum and kept schtum. 

It was a Leeds lad I know personally who was windmilling in the Riverside. He's banned from attending games and has been for the last 3 seasons.

Bloody hell how old are you? 

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

He was implying he made it up as he was in primary school, just like you have made it up today.

Not a chance there was Leeds all over, apart from one getting a smack in the Riverside.

There was at least 12 in your main stand mate. They were on our 3rd mini bus this morning.

My lad and his 2 mates were in the Blackburn End. Non of them caused any bother. 

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

But they didn't outclass us, that is simply wrong. We were always in the game and unfortunately got punished for some careless moments. You have singled out Carter but I thought he was really good today and our best defender. He defended well, stepped forward into midfield and even ran down the left wing. The way we play means that sometimes we will take risks and it's been like that for a good while now. Personally I am both accepting and enjoying it when it comes off.

It's clear we are miles away in our opinions of how we played and simply cannot come anywhere near agreeing. 

They won 2 nil and had all of the key chances in the game, I would consider that to be outclassed. The overall game was not the most free flowing, in midfield we did fine, but we were outclassed where it matters and barely created anything of note.

Carter was fine aside from that one moment that he was very lucky not to lead to a goal. It was the biggest of 3 situations whereby our playing out from the back caused us thankfully unpunished issues. The style has massively come on and the players clearly are more comfortable now with it having worked on it so no calls to change style, but today we had an above average number of issues with it, which can happen.

The biggest issue today was the poor quality in the final third, it has been before, it is down to the owners cutting the budget and us not having much quality across the frontline. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Lost 6 of 10 at home this season. Hoping for a result against Bristol on Tuesday night and a change of fortunes.

Give Ennis a start please I’m sick of seeing a team of midfielders pissing about with it near the box.

I didn't see anything from ennis to suggest he deserves a start on Tuesday.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

I didn't have much expectations for today, so whilst I never enjoy it when we lose I can't say I'm overly downbeat. To win today we would have needed practically every player to give an 8/10 performance at a minimum and that's a tall order in any match. In the circumstances I thought we competed well enough, we were simply beaten by a team who have far more quality at their disposal than we do. No shame in that, although our anaemic bench doesn't help when we need to try and change things. That's on the owners though.

Bristol on Tuesday will be a good chance to pick up points and try to improve our home form. Hope that Hill's injury isn't too serious as we're thin on the ground as it is.

I hope we win at Southampton and disprove this but I feel like the weakened squad compared to previous years has removed our ability to really believe that we can bloody the noses of the best teams in the league. That is sad because I feel like its not an unreasonable expectation to at least expect to be competitive with any Championship team, especially at home, but after so long treading water and with the owners negligence hitting new highs/lows, I suppose it is to be expected.

Weve played Leicester and Leeds at home and neither before or during either game did I expect us to get anything. In both games we lost by more than a goal.

18 minutes ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

There was at least 12 in your main stand mate. They were on our 3rd mini bus this morning.

My lad and his 2 mates were in the Blackburn End. Non of them caused any bother. 

I went to Elland Road late 80’s, 5000 on that night, more stewards than home fans.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They won 2 nil and had all of the key chances in the game, I would consider that to be outclassed. The overall game was not the most free flowing, in midfield we did fine, but we were outclassed where it matters and barely created anything of note.

Carter was fine aside from that one moment that he was very lucky not to lead to a goal. It was the biggest of 3 situations whereby our playing out from the back caused us thankfully unpunished issues. The style has massively come on and the players clearly are more comfortable now with it having worked on it so no calls to change style, but today we had an above average number of issues with it, which can happen.

The biggest issue today was the poor quality in the final third, it has been before, it is down to the owners cutting the budget and us not having much quality across the frontline. 

Despite not being able to agree, I think that both you and Arbitro post a lot of sense. Like Arbitro, I think the football we are playing under JDT is generally very easy on the eye and we did ok today but never looked like winning or taking a point, final third was very poor.

3 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Despite not being able to agree, I think that both you and Arbitro post a lot of sense. Like Arbitro, I think the football we are playing under JDT is generally very easy on the eye and we did ok today but never looked like winning or taking a point, final third was very poor.

Is the delivery, or the actual finishing, the reason for us being poor in the final third. Personally I think it is the delivery.

12 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I definitely think the football is easy on the eye and there has been a clear progression. It also helps us to get the ball into good positions within the final third. The play when we get there as you say is what lets us down, I consider a game whereby basically all of the major chances go to one team is one team outclassing the other.

Its hard to put that down to Tomasson either. Hes not infallible, he seems to like Brittain as a winger for one. But ultimately a lack of investment from the owners has left him so short of options.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have a completely different definition of outclassed. We had some really good opportunities to score particularly from set pieces in the second half. The possession stats are in our favour as are shots and corners. Beaten, yes. Outclassed, never.

• Like 5

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I hope we win at Southampton and disprove this but I feel like the weakened squad compared to previous years has removed our ability to really believe that we can bloody the noses of the best teams in the league. That is sad because I feel like its not an unreasonable expectation to at least expect to be competitive with any Championship team, especially at home, but after so long treading water and with the owners negligence hitting new highs/lows, I suppose it is to be expected.

Weve played Leicester and Leeds at home and neither before or during either game did I expect us to get anything. In both games we lost by more than a goal.

To be honest, I don't think with the current squad and style of play we can bloody the noses of the best teams in the league. If we played, or had the ability to switch to, a more direct, combative style like in the Allardyce and Hughes days then maybe... but the way we play now is more akin to how the better teams try to play. It quite often looks lovely, but when you come up against a team who play a similar style and have a far higher quality of player... well, the vast majority of the time there's only going to be one outcome. Factor in the fact we have no squad depth and a bench full of untested youths and it really becomes a case of it is what it is. 

With that said I'd still expect to be competitive against most Championship teams, but when we come up against the likes of Leeds and Leicester... it relies on those teams having an off day and us putting in a top-tier performance across the board. It's not impossible but it's not very likely either. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

Bigger clubs ? Come on Gav don't be silly. 

Show us your trophies!

One of the largest cities in England with a shitty little ground and a history of 2nd tier football.

Big club? You're having a laugh 😂😂😂

• Like 6

Due to the stupid pricing i sacked off going to Leeds years ago having previously been plenty times.

The last time i went without looking it up i think there was about 19k home fans on and a whole tier in the main stand closed.

Why ?

Well because they were a skint badly owned run of the mill Championship club so i think the willy waving is a bit hypocritical because they brought 73 thousand fans today.  When they are truly shite or bang average a third of them disappear anyway just like most clubs.

Like Sunderland they are just a fur coat an no knickers club in the modern era nothing else to bang on about but number of fans. From city's and catchment areas 3 times the size f the likes of Blackburn.

And in actual truth per head of population their support has never been any better than anyone else's.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

Apparently that's not what happened at all. There was Leeds all over the ground today. Loads in the main stand and plenty in the Riverside stand. Thankfully most showed a bit of decorum and kept schtum. 

It was a Leeds lad I know personally who was windmilling in the Riverside. He's banned from attending games and has been for the last 3 seasons.

Hmm what to believe, somebody quoting what he saw with his own eyes in attendance or some freak who was told by some other freak that it was some self-proclaimed hardman ‘windmilling’ his way through the riverside. 

Proper weird bunch this lot. Looking forward to them missing out in the playoffs and Rickie Fowler and co. realising they’ve invested in a complete and utter shithole.

• Like 1

I thought we did well in the first half but looked tired both physically and mentally in the second-half.  Understandable really given the lack of options.  I thoroughly enjoy the football that JDT has us playing but am realistic enough to know that the play-offs are a non-starter with a squad this small. 

I always felt that Leeds had another gear they could go to if needed and in the end I thought they played within themselves after the second goal.  Looking at their bench compared to ours and it shows just how difficult this League is in terms of trying to compete over a season with the clubs with money and decent squads.  Once again, our bench looked very weak in terms of changing a game with none of the subs making any impact when they came on.

Having no money to spend in January is a frustration but a fact of life.  I've lost count of the seasons I've followed Rovers when we've had to sell before we could buy.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Due to the stupid pricing i sacked off going to Leeds years ago having previously been plenty times.

The last time i went without looking it up i think there was about 19k home fans on and a whole tier in the main stand closed.

Why ?

Well because they were a skint badly owned run of the mill Championship club so i think the willy waving is a bit hypocritical because they brought 73 thousand fans today.  When they are truly shite or bang average a third of them disappear anyway just like most clubs.

Like Sunderland they are just a fur coat an no knickers club in the modern era nothing else to bang on about but number of fans. From city's and catchment areas 3 times the size f the likes of Blackburn.

And in actual truth per head of population their support has never been any better than anyone else's.

Their catchment areas is around 5 times ours. Still had 20k on in the third division though

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Show us your trophies!

One of the largest cities in England with a shitty little ground and a history of 2nd tier football.

Big club? You're having a laugh 😂😂😂

They’re a big club by Geography only. Giving Newcastle United a run for their money as the biggest underachievers in English football.

Shithole ground, won nothing for decades bar lower leagues. My standout recent memory is Doncaster Rovers beating them in the League 1 playoff final.

You’ve got loads of fans, well done, there are about 3 clubs in north and West Yorkshire.