BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Southampton (a) - 16/12/23

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Even though Martin is a vastly overrated managed, I see nothing but a loss for us on Saturday given the quality of player they have and our threadbare squad with many running on fumes.

To mitigate the almost inevitable disappointment of losing, I'd stock your Christmas war chests with a double on Saints win and Adam Armstrong to score anytime.

4-1 to Southampton.

7/4 is the odds for your bet..hardly going to help Christmas war chests is it? 

Rovers to win 2 nil with Szmodics and Leonard scoring(22/1)

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

7/4 is the odds for your bet..hardly going to help Christmas war chests is it? 

Rovers to win 2 nil with Szmodics and Leonard scoring(22/1)

Think I'd change your bookie - got Southampton and Adam Armstrong anytime at 15/8.

As for helping the Christmas 'war chest', depends how much you put on!  My winnings will be well into 3 figures.

Your bet at 22/1 would be great if you won but the comparative odds reflect the likelihood of the two predicted outcomes.  

Let's take a rain check post match.

29 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think I'd change your bookie - got Southampton and Adam Armstrong anytime at 15/8.

Woah. Barely much is it. 🙄

As for helping the Christmas 'war chest', depends how much you put on!  My winnings will be well into 3 figures.

Boasting before you win never works. Several times you do it and it bites you back every time. 

You are putting at least 50 pounds to treble you money if you win to win £143.75. 

Your bet at 22/1 would be great if you won but the comparative odds reflect the likelihood of the two predicted outcomes.  

Mercer, your wind ups don't work just like your predictions don't ever happened. Maybe give up with them

Edited by chaddyrovers

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Woah. Barely much is it. 🙄

You are putting at least 50 pounds to treble you money if you win to win £143.75. 

Barely much!?  The difference in odds between 15/8 and 7/4 is £1 extra in winnings for every £8 wagered (extra 7% winnings).

Do you understand betting odds?  To treble your money, you would need to back at 3/1 ie every £1 stake would give you winnings of £3.  If I bet £50 on the outcome, my winnings would be £93.75, less than the 3 figures' winnings I said.  I'll leave that one with you.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Barely much!?  The difference in odds between 15/8 and 7/4 is £1 extra in winnings for every £8 wagered (extra 7% winnings).

Like I said barely much. It's £8. Hardly ground breaking. Its £8 is alot to you fair enough.

Do you understand betting odds?  To treble your money, you would need to back at 3/1 ie every £1 stake would give you winnings of £3.  If I bet £50 on the outcome, my winnings would be £93.75, less than the 3 figures' winnings I said.  I'll leave that one with you.

Yes I fully understand betting, how odds work, etc.

Your totally winnings would be £143.75 including your stake. 

Yes I enjoyed a good bet each but I don't need to boast that I won or earn with each win or loss. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said barely much. It's £8. Hardly ground breaking. Its £8 is alot to you fair enough.

Yes I fully understand betting, how odds work, etc.

Your totally winnings would be £143.75 including your stake. 

Yes I enjoyed a good bet each but I don't need to boast that I won or earn with each win or loss. 

Again, you don't understand.

I said the difference in odds between 15/8 and 7/4 is £1 extra in winnings for every £8 wagered (extra 7% winnings), therefore, if you wager £100 and your bet wins then that's an extra £12.50 - only a fool would turn down the opportunity of winning more.

You are now twisting your argument by including stake money in winnings.  Winnings are winnings are winnings.  If I go to the races with £200 in my wallet and stake all £200 and come away with £500, my winnings are £300 as I already had £200 in my wallet!  It's not rocket science. 

Edited by Mercer

I said the difference in odds between 15/8 and 7/4 is £1 extra in winnings for every £8 wagered (extra 7% winnings), therefore, if you wager £100 and your bet wins then that's an extra £12.50 - only a fool would turn down the opportunity of winning more.

You are now twisting your argument by including stake money in winnings.  Winnings are winnings are winnings.  If I go to the races with £200 in my wallet and stake all £200 and come away with £500, my winnings are £300 as I already had £200 in my wallet!  It's not rocket science. 

You also get your stake back as part of your winnings. So that's my point. Might have been better saying profit of my betting day

Yet again I'm not bothered about what you win or not. It's the Boasting again if you do win like you will do if your bet comes in that's annoys me. Also who backs again their own team 🤔

Edited by chaddyrovers

my first game since the chelsea game. So buzzing for this! been a while. My gut feeling is it will be a christmas cracker, 2 good footballing sides. Think 3-2, or 3-1, to southampton. Think we will just come up short. Can bet your mortgage armstrong scores. 

But I wouldnt be shocked if we got a win. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I said the difference in odds between 15/8 and 7/4 is £1 extra in winnings for every £8 wagered (extra 7% winnings), therefore, if you wager £100 and your bet wins then that's an extra £12.50 - only a fool would gamble in the first place turn down the opportunity of winning more.

Amended for you Merce

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Said any bookie

• Like 1