BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Southampton (a) - 16/12/23

25 minutes ago, matt83 said:

In a bar called London road brew house. £3.50 for an Amstel. Can’t argue with that particularly down south where in my experience prices start at over a fiver 

I might have guessed that was clearly some sort of happy hour price. My round £4.90 each. Win some lose some. 

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

In a bar called London road brew house. £3.50 for an Amstel. Can’t argue with that particularly down south where in my experience prices start at over a fiver 

My experience with Amstel leads me to say that's still £2.50 too much 😂

• Like 1

On 14/12/2023 at 04:56, Polky said:

I watched the Coventry v Southampton match last night.

Saints had a lot of the ball and Coventry looked to counter down the wing. I think our real lack of pace in the squad will mean we’ll struggle to counter them on Saturday.

I would possibly replace A.Wharton with Travis to help with the defensive work. 

Saints had 72% of the possession last night, so this might be a shift too far for the lads, who looked knackered on Tuesday.

I think we have looked leggy the last 3 or 4.  It is wearing on them we need bodies back soon.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I think we have looked leggy the last 3 or 4.  It is wearing on them we need bodies back soon.

Especially near the end of games. It’s no longer an 11 aside game. You need players you can bring on that will affect the outcome of the game. We don’t really have that until we get some of the missing players back on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Especially near the end of games. It’s no longer an 11 aside game. You need players you can bring on that will affect the outcome of the game. We don’t really have that until we get some of the missing players back on the pitch.

If we had all our players back from injury, we would still not have a decent striker.

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Southampton (a) - 16/12/23
18 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Met up with some friends in Covent Garden last week in a standard Nicholson's pub - so nice but not somewhere particularly premium or anything. £7.50 a pint!

Reminded me of a map that was put together a few years back of the cheapest pint at each tube station's nearest pub. Turns out it was updated in 2022: https://storekit.com/advice/storekit-london-tube-map-cheapest-pints-closest-pub-2022 A useful resource if the cheapest pint possible is your sole pub criteria haha

£6+ becoming the norm for macro lagers pints... Serves me right for choosing to live in London anyway 🙂

Edited by RoverCanada

19 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Met up with some friends in Covent Garden last week in a standard Nicholson's pub - so nice but not somewhere particularly premium or anything. £7.50 a pint!

Spent many hours on football trips in Maxwells in Covent Garden, so much so I'm sure I must own shares in the place!

First game of the season today. I've a good record watching Rovers in recent years. 

Choosing to be an optimist today with a 1-2 Rovers away win. S.Wharton and Szmodics to see us to 2 up with Arma getting a goal back and an unbelievably nervy finish.

Think Saints can be got at on the counter attack so long as we stay tight in defence. 

• Like 1

Another saturday, beer in hand, dog by my side and waiting for the game to start. No predictions as this league is bonkers. Hoping for a good performance and we’re due a draw, but this could go either way….as always. Hope we can keep their Adam quiet and our Adam firing. COYB!!