BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

14 minutes ago, Andy said:

Absolutely grim today, no two ways about it.
I missed half of the 2nd half (and 2 of their goals), but doesn't sound like I missed anything of any value.

The one very small positive for me was Jake Garrett (again). Thought he looked really good when he came on, must be worth a start in the next game.

Been a fan of Leo in goal, but that first one in particular was right under him - not to mention the 2 x goals against Watford, parried right to their lads.

All of that said, I feel it's harsh to throw JDT under the bus. Yes, he's ultimately responsible, but he's the reason why we're still a couple of wins of the top 6 and not looking downwards, with the squad we have.

I’m looking downwards.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Darwenview said:

All you so called football fans, who are calling JDT. Need to look in the mirror, the best football we have played for years with a young weak squad. If he leaves we will be shopping round for journey managers ,reverting back to route one. The blame stands firmly with the owners who are not backing him.

Is he taking calls? Got his number? I'd love a word...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Was thinking that. Why couldn't we try a grittier type of midfield consisting  of Travis and Garrett with Adam Wharton feeding whoever is up front ?

We had a midfeld of Tronstad, Garrett and Wharton

I would try this formation at Hull:

Wahlstedt

Hill, Carter, Hyam, Pickering

Tronstad, Travis

Moran,  Wharton, Sigurdsson

Szmodics

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Out of interest what do you think are the strengths of the current squad.

That’s the problem. It’s hard to decide where our strengths lie at the moment. Until we try another way of playing we’ll never know. Unfortunately we’ve signed too many good but small  “ five a side “ players who struggle to compete when the going gets tough. I would have thought making us much harder to score against would be a good starting point. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

We had a midfeld of Tronstad, Garrett and Wharton

I would try this formation at Hull:

Wahlstedt

Hill, Carter, Hyam, Pickering

Tronstad, Travis

Moran,  Wharton, Sigurdsson

Szmodics

I think I’d rather have Garrett than Travis to be honest, I can’t see how Moran is worthy of a place to be honest. He’s a “ last 20 minutes off the bench “ player for me.

• Like 1

The majority wants Venkys out but who would buy us? And who would pump money to our club? As it stands the club would not survive a season without money coming on..... yes if we had gates of 25.000+ every home game thay may change but cant see that happening.....

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think I’d rather have Garrett than Travis to be honest, I can’t see how Moran is worthy of a place to be honest. He’s a “ last 20 minutes off the bench “ player for me.

Yes. But who would start ahead of Moran at the moment with all our injuries.... I think a role when Travis can focus on winning balls and give it to Wharton would offer us more than Garrett. 

My take.

Huddersfield had eleven players behind the ball from the very beginning of the game. Sometimes packed into their own penalty area. Very unambitious from a home team but it worked perfectly. 

We fell right into the trap and concede.  Naive from our players and manager. A toddler could have spotted it.

Someone asked how Telalovic fared. He looked up for it and battled their big defenders. Why was he put on? No-one passed to him still less created so much as a half chance for him. We had no plan on the pitch for a big, centre forward substitute.  He was completely wasted.  Rubbish.

At the end,  our academy lot were still full of running even if the game had gone. Garrett,  Travis,  Wharton,  Carter. Pride.

Finally,  second half chants 'We want our Mowbray back' and other similar.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. 

Edited by Tabula Rasa
  • Like 1

Irrespective who we select there should be no training tomorrow. The whole squad should be sat down and made to watch a replay of today’s game. After that the floor should be thrown open for every player to comment on what they see is going wrong. Every player should have to comment - no comebacks- let’s have it out straight from the shoulder.

• Like 5

Shocking game, worst I performance of the season from what I've seen. Huge error by Wahlstedt on their first goal but Brittain should have closed down sooner. 

A big moment in the game was when Telalovic passed to Szmodics who was offside instead of taking the chance himself. If he wanted to grab the chance he was given then that was the moment to pounce. 0-3 happened soon after. A big worry that we're conceding so many goals, Huddersfield created a lot of clear-cut chances as has been the case in many games prior. Think we're too open and need to balance the way we play in various phases of the game.

Hull is a massive game coming up or we'll be eight points behind the play-offs with poor goal difference.

6 minutes ago, Tabula Rasa said:

My take.

Huddersfield had eleven players behind the ball from the very beginning of the game. Sometimes packed into their own penalty area. Very unambitious from a home team but it worked perfectly. 

We fell right into the trap and concede.  Naive from our players and manager. A toddler could have spotted it.

Someone asked how Telalovic fared. He looked up for it and battled their big defenders. Why was he put on? No-one passed to him still less created so much as a half chance for him. We had no plan on the pitch for a big, centre forward substitute.  He was completely wasted.  Rubbish.

At the end,  our academy lot were still full of running even if the game had gone. Garrett,  Travis,  Wharton,  Carter. Pride.

Well Mowbray is out of work so.

52 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Anybody know why Tronstad was replaced at HT? 

JDT seemed to want to change the dynamic of the game. For those who are calling for his head, must understand he operates with a hand tied behind his back. He has done so well getting us to play a certain way and when they don't use the style for their advantage they then panic and succumb. Hence conceding so many goals once we go down. 

32 minutes ago, Tabula Rasa said:

My take.

Please tell me that's a joke. 

Would be a huge step backwards 

• Like 4