BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/12/23

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

JDT outs are funny as fuck.

He's miles ahead of Mowbray, he just needs backing.

He also needs to be open to suggestion. Stubbornness isn’t always an admirable trait, especially when your plan is very obviously going tits up.

• Like 4

Just now, neophox said:

Were in deep shit....4 straight defeats and only one win in december.... at an normal club JDT would had been sacked. But not sure thats the answer..... the problems are higher up the chain...

You can't sack him - the squad has had zero investment.

e.g.

His CF options are a free (Ennis), a bloke we bought for £200k (Telalovic) an Academy graduate (Leonard) and a chronic sicknote (Gallagher).

His CB options are a loanee (Hill), two Academy graduates (Carter and S. Wharton) and a bloke we bought for circa £1.5m. 

The games and the injuries have caught up to us - we're bang out of form and this fixture list is relentless. We knew Playoffs weren't a thing when the transfer window slammed shut (again) with no CF coming in.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, neophox said:

You seem to dislike JDT.... who do you think is the answer as our manager? 

Someone who can get a disjointed squad full of kids and bargain basement buys, with no strikers, playing well?

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Thing is, we don’t really have the personnel for a plan B. No height, no experience, weak as piss. It’s a very worrying situation. I can’t see a new man getting a tune out of this shower of shite either.

When Telalovic went off there was no height in the box at all. The rot started while Mowbray was here with no desire to bring in a decent striker, and it's continued with Broughton. There was a moment when Ennis had the ball at his feet in the box with the goal in front of him, and his instinct was to pass it to a player in a worse position than strike it. That's just fucking shite by anyone's standards.

We got a freebie and a bargain basement injury prone striker from L1. That kind of investment only goes one way.

• Like 2

Another sad and slightly upsetting performance.  Enjoyed the Telalovic cameo - looks to have some desire and mobility.  

At what point will we play a 4 3 3 with Hill as an anchor and Szmod and Sigurdson central.  Seems like it would help the leaky defence tenfold.  

Hyam (+ Pickering and Wahlstedt) poor for their first.

Hill and Hyam poor for their second.

Hyam poor for their third.

We've been found out though, getting countered to death by the likes of Huddersfield should wake JDT and his staff up and adjust the midfield and defense. We did look a little more direct to start with but gave shite goals away. What a month of football. Jesus.

• Like 1

18 goals conceded in 6 games. That's down to the manager and how he wants to play football. His style of football is exciting and but it's completely ineffective for the low calibre of player we have. We need a "win ugly" type of manager who builds from that back. Trying to outscore teams when you have the likes of Moran, Siggy, Markanday, Telalovic, Ennis etc leads to only one result. 

JDT is a very good manager but he's not the right fit for us.Time to get an organiser through the door. 

• Like 3

I agree with the comments that the main failings are “ higher up the chain “ , we’re doomed whilst the contemptible owners remain ..but as many managers have demonstrated..defence is everything, ours is nothing. 

We must set up differently if we are to arrest this embarrassing slide. Tomasson needs to get his head out of his backside ..now is not the time for him to fulfil his philosophy it’s time for these well paid employees to earn their pay. Too easy ,, too flippant. If he smiles tonight I will explode . 

Edited by Dolly blue
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

You seem to dislike JDT.... who do you think is the answer as our manager? 

Yeah not a fan after giving him a fair crack of the whip. Would much prefer Steve Cooper right now.

Are you a fan of JDT? Like his style and tactics?

6 minutes ago, BigBar said:

He won't. Doesn't know how to, we are playing balls across our own box on his say. The players don't have the ability and he is instructing then to do so. That's not a good managers tactics, that's the kind of thing any sensible manager cuts out not actively encourages. Ridiculous.

Id say we have the ability, we have shown it in other games, but you need to pick your moments. We've got a huge amount of injuries and shipping goals left right and centre. We should probably prioritise defensive solidarity over offensive style, be a bit more direct etc.

JDTs lack of practicality is what scares me. To still be playing this way after the run weve been on is just mad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

18 goals conceded in 6 games. That's down to the manager and how he wants to play football. His style of football is exciting and but it's completely ineffective for the low calibre of player we have. We need a "win ugly" type of manager who builds from that back. Trying to outscore teams when you have the likes of Moran, Siggy, Markanday, Telalovic, Ennis etc leads to only one result. 

JDT is a very good manager but he's not the right fit for us.Time to get an organiser through the door. 

Well you can also say it as it is. Give JDT money to splash!

Back 4 terrible tonight. First two goals down to full backs being nowhere. We got back into the game until the sending off. Yes it was a soft one but where did Hyam commit the foul? He got dragged out wide covering pickering's ass again. Wish we had reporters who have the balls to ask JDT why he insists on using these tactics when they clearly aren't working. He's just given a free ride

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

Shithouse referee. Putting pressure on us with all the soft bookings in the first, while letting Hull get away with the same type of offenses without anything.

Hyam looks far off it, poor poor captain. Tronstad onlye one decent tonight for me. Hurting here...

I thought Telalovic (7.5) had a great game- ahead of Leonard & Ennis now for me.

Trondstadt always looks good, great little player.   I thought both Hill and Hyam were poor today.

Brittain poor, Pickering as ever 6/10 

Garrett was decent, 6.5

Szmodic needs to be more involved, 6.5

Ennis looks like he's running in quick sand... hope the lad comes good but not seen much in him if I am honest..

Carter looked good when he came on, got everything in his locker that lad.

Moran looked very bright on the ball- 7

Wharton, always looks for that forward pass, just like to see a bit more urgency in his tracking up and down..

A very unspectacular, dodgy at the back performance.

This would be my best side

GK: Wahlsted
DL: Pickering
DR: Carter
DC: Wharton
DC: Hill
CDM: Trondstadt
MLC: Sigurdsson
MC: Wharton
MC: Travis
AMC: Szmodic
ST: Telalovic

We're woefully short in terms of pace which is a major issue.. Lots of great possession but we're slow in transition - struggle to stretch teams.

I'd like to see Batty pushed to the bench to sharpen up Pickering, rest Brittain, really like him but seems out of sorts.

I've always been a big supporter of JDT. His hands are tied due to the lack of backing he's had from above. However, I do feel he is somewhat stubborn playing the same system week in week out. He has limited options to change personnel, but can change shape such as an extra body in midfield to protect the defence or play 3 central defenders in a back 3/5. Ofcourse can't do the later on Monday now after Hyam's red card.  

Teams have watched us, worked us out and are now punishing us. He needs to change it up.

• Like 5