BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Why are crosses going in the box then?

I imagine because the players are in a position to cross and that's their only option?

If you think crossing the ball in a football game is the problem then let's just agree to disagree on where the problems lie.

4 minutes ago, bazza said:

And the Rotherham players aren't. Why?

Exactly. It's an excuse I hear from alot of supporters. I don't buy it, it's an easy out for people who can't except the limitations of this manager.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Markandy and Ennis subs today awful.....put on Travis and Garrett to see it out....poor tactics.

As soon as you bring Markanday on we are essentially playing with 10 men. Get rid. Ennis can go too and take Telalovic, Leo, Moran with him.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

Broughton has signed three centre forwards during his time here (Hirst, Telaovic & Ennis) in a combined 30 appearances they have not been able to muster a single league goal between them. The man is clueless.

Fair assessment.  It’s easy to blame Venkys, but they pump in £millions (no one else is willing to step in and replace that money), but if it is spent on dross what can we expect?

Just now, booth said:

I imagine because the players are in a position to cross and that's their only option?

If you think crossing the ball in a football game is the problem then let's just agree to disagree on where the problems lie.

I'm saying it is if we don't have anyone to convert them.

Just now, neophox said:

Today there was a huge difference on Telalovic and Ennis....Ennis looked really crap.... loan him out and get Gelhardt in.

Why would you want Gelhardt?

We need size and pace across the front 3. He's another slow #10. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JPTSwindon said:

Very frustrating and disappointing.

Yes it will help when we have Pears back, but we need a striker who can shoot and probably a change of formation urgently.

Feels like a Mowbry death slump at the moment.

Let's not forget Pears threw 3 into his own net against this lot at there place., both keepers are shockingly bad.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Markandy and Ennis subs today awful.....put on Travis and Garrett to see it out....poor tactics.

The dreadful treatment of Travis strongly suggests he is being forced to the exit door to raise a few quid. Certainly cannot be explained for football reasons 

• Like 5

Just now, neophox said:

Today there was a huge difference on Telalovic and Ennis....Ennis looked really crap.... loan him out and get Gelhardt in.

Telalovic at least had some presence about him which made space for the other players going forward. I said at the time Ennis and Markanday were a downgrade compared to the players that went off. Ennis being the worst of the two but at times Markanday looked like he was trying to play on roller skates.

• Like 4

Just now, BigBar said:

Exactly. It's an excuse I hear from alot of supporters. I don't buy it, it's an easy out for people who can't except the limitations of this manager.

You don't buy that the 13/14 players we've had to flog due to injuries for 2 months are tired after a festive period fixture list? H'ok. 

Just now, alcd said:

The dreadful treatment of Travis strongly suggests he is being forced to the exit door to raise a few quid. Certainly cannot be explained for football reasons 

Genuinely, where do you play him?

He's miles off Tronstad and A. Wharton - so unless you switch to a 4-3-3 (which isn't JDT's system) he's a reserve. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Broughton has signed three centre forwards during his time here (Hirst, Telaovic & Ennis) in a combined 30 appearances they have not been able to muster a single league goal between them. The man is clueless.

That’s atrocious. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, booth said:

We played well today until a handful of players were knackered and had to make some subs.

Rotherham didn't deserve a point, but that's what happens when the taps get turned off and you have owners and their underlings who don't understand the rudimentary demands of a football team.

We played well.

They are knackered.

X didn't deserve a point.

Rinse and repeat.

Heard it all before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm saying it is if we don't have anyone to convert them.

But asking a professional footballer not to cross the ball in that position is counter intuitive. It's not their fault we can't recruit anyone to get on the end of the balls they are putting in. Ennis should be putting himself about more but he looks like another pointless signing.

Over the Christmas period, people were saying we were overpassing it too.

• Like 1

The style we play is defensively rotten throughout the club

1st team average goals conceded per game 1.8

but don't go looking to the academy for help

U21s average goals conceded per game 4

U18s average goals conceded per game 2,77

John Becks Cambridge would hammer us