BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

Just now, Neal said:

Every player should take off every item of gear with our badge on it, kit, training kit... The lot... Boots aswell... Give it all to the poor fans who showed up and walk off in shame because they sure as shit don't deserve to wear it. 

W*nkers

Can't do that, we probably haven't got another set. (Seriously)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

What you are all missing the point of is he’s been instructed to get these kids to learn to play this way. That is his only remit and the next guy will do the same and I’m guessing worse 

You're absolutely right, I should've included that in my post. It's so difficult to not feel frustrated at the way things are going right now. We can all see what is needed, but sadly those in charge of the club seem determined to run it into the ground.

Relegation here we come.

The most worrying thing about this bad run is nobody at the club seems to really care or acknowledge how bad things are.

The manager never takes any responsibility and am sure post match he will blame recruitment rather than his suicidal tactics.

The players seem to still think we are playoff candidates.

The directors seem more keen to loan or sell players than results on the pitch.

The owners seem more bothered about court cases than the club.

Where does that leave us fans? None of the above give two hoots about us other than that we all blindly clap along accepting it all.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah agreed - the defence is not really a personnel issue for me. Obviously the players have weaknesses but on the whole a reasonable set of players the keeper aside.

Were rock bottom on confidence, conceding a ludicrous amount of goals, yet every time we go forward we commit 8 players forward and ask two cbs to handle any counter.

Its not sensible. That on top of a keeper who is absolutely hopeless.

We have to switch focus and start thinking how we can concede less chances.

That should have happened ages ago and that is down to the head coach nobody else as he knows he's been dealt a bad hand so shuffle the pack.

Point should have taken priority over performance or individual development of young players all this trust the process nonsense is garbage. Sometimes you need to take a step back for a while then go again but it doesn't seem in the capabilities down there and if he goes the rest who survive everything down there should go as well.

Unless maybe they just don't have any input other than bibs and cones but that Remi guy is a chocolate fireguard he makes Venus look lively.

As for the keepers well every single one that leaves here gets better after looking like a schoolboy in our goal, even TK it has to be said was going backwards under this regime.

We are in a real dilemma.

• Like 1

Yeah it's a good point, when just was hired, we didn't have these restrictions. Can't remember who his number two is, but presumably he'd go as well and possibly we'd appoint Mike Sheron.

It's desperate days. But nothing will get better until venkys go. If we had six pints get is say we were definitely down. We may still be down but I think next season is more likely

10 minutes ago, neophox said:

To be fair I think we would do well in league one week in and week out...

I don't there is no way there is an instant fix this time this lot will wilt like the kids they are.

9 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Relegation here we come.

The most worrying thing about this bad run is nobody at the club seems to really care or acknowledge how bad things are.

The manager never takes any responsibility and am sure post match he will blame recruitment rather than his suicidal tactics.

The players seem to still think we are playoff candidates.

The directors seem more keen to loan or sell players than results on the pitch.

The owners seem more bothered about court cases than the club.

Where does that leave us fans? None of the above give two hoots about us other than that we all blindly clap along accepting it all.

No post has summed it up better. The players seem to think they are gods gift - constant gushing interviews about happy they are and how we are on the rise. I don't have a clue what they are seeing.

JDT has clearly given up. We can blame recruitment and obviously it's been crap, but the manager has been an absolute disgrace recently. Sat on his arse all game today. He's clearly given up and should do the right thing and leave. He's torpedoing his own reputation . Yet half our fans seem to think he's the best thing since sliced bread and is entitled to down tools. Nobody said the same about Mowbray last year (and yes he got a few quid more if you ignore the money we blew on Leo, as well as decent fees by their standards for Hyam and Szmodics). 

I've had enough of the manager, the owners, the players. The club is absolutely rotten from top to bottom. We will go nowhere until Venkys fuck off. 

Edited by smiller14
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

If JDT goes, I am certain they will employee Rooney. Utter desperation meets utter desperation. 

I think he would be too demanding for them. He was apparently expecting 12 signing to come in at Big club. Good luck with that here, Wayne.

My gut feeling is Lee Bowyer coming out of the wilderness in Montserrat.

Defending has been an issue from day one this season. The only time we looked half decent was when A Wharton was dropped for JRC and we played with Brittain at right wing (5 defenders) on the pitch. That’s also when Trondstad came in for Trav. 

Hard to care any more. No one but the fans do. 

Heard it said the positive are returning players. When you are pinning your hopes on the likes of Gally and Hesges returning or JRC staying fit,  you aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel, you are breaking through the base. 

• Like 3

Appalling result and performance. Simply not good enough. 

Surprised that we didn't make more subs and BBC Radio Lancs Andy Bayes and Kevin Gallagher said no subs warmed up after Gallagher and JRC came on plus JDT was sat down 90% of the second half. 

23 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

If you think Danny Batth would make even the slightest difference in this shambles of a defensive setup I have a bridge to sell you.

Yes his experience would have helped the team and the new keeper settled in asap. Would it solved every problem no? lack of proven goalscorer, still a massive problem

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Please  enlighten us.

no problem

John Eustace, Alex Neil and Portsmouth John Mousinho