BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 11/02/2024

Huge performance from the lads! From the back to the front. Everyone put in a shift. MacFadz is a freaking unit! Hyam looked much better besides him. Good attacking play from Brittain in the first half. Dolan looks a matured player now. Shoutout to Hedges too! Out for so long, but got an assist today and also helped out Chrisene in defending. Hedges > Siggy for sure.

Telalovic looked really poor in his short cameo. Never seen a forward who's so slow in unleashing a shot. He looks like a CB trying to be a striker. Gave the ball away a couple times as well. Want to see Leonard coming in for him on the bench.

Overall, a very pleasing victory. Come on Rovers!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As I said earlier, don't think we get those 3 points today without the managerial change.

Vital win. Now let's shove Mowbray closer to the drop on Tuesday(?) then we can breathe a bit easier.

One of those - I wonder if Pears saves that penalty if JDT is still in charge…

Change was needed and if Eustace gets a few favorable bounces then all good. Liked the subs (defensive but fresh legs up front) and Moran/Siggy to just run down the clock

9 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Football maths suggests the new new manager bounce and the 'used to play/manage the opposition' will net off to a 2-1 Vs Birmingham 

Couldn't watch today as abroad, can a kind soul give me a brief summary 

We won.

• Like 4

On 09/02/2024 at 11:33, Ghost7 said:

I think we're the only club around where "new manager bounce" doesn't apply. I'm not sure many new managers come about the way ours do...

On 09/02/2024 at 12:23, DackDackGoose said:

Wayne rooney may have something to not say about that new manager bounce.

On 09/02/2024 at 12:54, G Somerset Rover said:

We're losing. No two ways about it.

23 hours ago, alcd said:

Dead cat bounce more likely.

Boing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dontfuckwithcats said:

First Saturday night in a while there is no dark cloud over my head.

I think il give the beer a rest this weekend and go for a walk.

same here bro...all this turmoil messes our personal life

• Like 1

We certainly cut out a lot of the nonsense around our box today. Having JRC back in the middle provides more stability than Wharton did. 

I think JDT’s style requires quality that due to injury and recruitment we didn’t have. The current team was not going to be successful playing JDTs style. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

Even in the euphoria of a much needed win we cannot lose sight of the fact these rats need driving from the club.  

A win against lowly Stoke shouldn't hide the issues with the club.

The owners are that out of touch with the club and football in general that even if we got promoted we're one bad decision away from imploding.

• Like 6

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Be under no illusion, that Stoke side were very bad. Probably worse than Wrexham. Their commentators were disgusted.

No measure of us at all today. 3 away games now.

Yep, they were very poor.

A clear change in style for us - much less gung-ho going forward and much more direct with our play. We'll see if it pays off in the long run against better sides. 

• Like 1

I liked JDT, but it felt like a weight had been lifted from the players today. They weren't being forced to play tactics that they weren't suited to and receiving audible disapproval from the fans for implementing them. Things had clearly soured in the dressing room to the point of no return. 

They looked hungry and ready to prove themselves to the new manager. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Burger having a right ding dong with the Stoke fans.

Just after Burger was face to face, and over the wall, with furious Brummies, I meant Stokies, they all sound the same..... 

Screenshot_20240211-000016.png

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1