BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

4 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Possibly….
In other words ”no” 🤣

I can imagine during Eustace's job interview him asking "can I bring in my own staff"

and us saying "we will see" just like a parent that is always going to say no to a child

• Like 6

6 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Must be an age thing. I only know one Bristol Rovers supporter and he’s my age (60ish 😉) and that’s what he calls them. He also signs everything off on Facebook with ‘UTG’ (up the Gas)

It’s not an age thing. My wife’s from Bristol and I have family who are ciderheads. They all refer to Bristol Rovers fans as the gas.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, only2garners said:

It’s not an age thing. My wife’s from Bristol and I have family who are ciderheads. They all refer to Bristol Rovers fans as the gas.

Haha maybe it's proper "gas " fans who refer to them as gas, who knows. I've been to a couple of games there as I live fairly close to the stadium and apart from seeing a board at the stadium saying welcome to the gas or something I've not experienced anyone refer to them as gas. I've asked a fellow dog walker this morning and he said their nickname is pirates but explained why the gas reference but even he didn't refer to them as gas fans. Haha ah well 

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

Haha maybe it's proper "gas " fans who refer to them as gas, who knows. I've been to a couple of games there as I live fairly close to the stadium and apart from seeing a board at the stadium saying welcome to the gas or something I've not experienced anyone refer to them as gas. I've asked a fellow dog walker this morning and he said their nickname is pirates but explained why the gas reference but even he didn't refer to them as gas fans. Haha ah well 

Ian Holloway, usually calls Bristol Rovers, the gas.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Must be an age thing. I only know one Bristol Rovers supporter and he’s my age (60ish 😉) and that’s what he calls them. He also signs everything off on Facebook with ‘UTG’ (up the Gas)

local to me these days - many of my lads football mates are Gas-heads, the name stems from their old stadium at Eastville [now a Tesco!!] being next to several massive gas holders [called Gasometers when I was a kid], and prone to the occasional emission in the vicinity of the ground.  Therefore as far as Ive been told, they're 'the Gas' because the general vicinity of that part of the city smelt of gas.

Maybe the marketing folk at their club now think pirates is a better monicker as pirates smell better..........

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

I usually caution against reflexive opinions, but if that same performance is offered up on Saturday, I will genuinely be “Eustace Out.”

that was poor. if its like that against PNE on their form we are buggered.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

that was poor. if its like that against PNE on their form we are buggered.

4–1 last game?

I wouldn’t like to bet against the same score line without the 1.

• Like 3

Fair play 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24118103.john-eustace-clear-blackburn-rovers-must-improve/

I'll give him that one

"We didn't always make the right decisions, whether that be taking too long or playing it too early, we didn't get that final pass in."

Called it our right. Lets see what he does when he has a week of training with them 

Clearly, we can't go in with that same gameplay for the rest of the season. 

I'm clinging to the hope that he's 3 days in and given a bit more time, he'll have us set up better.

Birmingham fans have spoken positively about him, they can't have played like that every week, surely?

2 hours ago, Bethnal said:

I usually caution against reflexive opinions, but if that same performance is offered up on Saturday, I will genuinely be “Eustace Out.”

I've read some pretty ridiculous posts on here over the years....but this right up there. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Impossible to judge him after one game when he's only had a couple of days with the squad.

He was highly regarded before he came here so I have some faith he can sort things out. 

"Win lose or draw we stick together"

He said that 3 times like it's his mantra.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/videos/

He said nothing of use, very generic comments but he did slip in that 50points is the target that is what he was brought in for.

Get us to 50 points. 

Well you've got 15 games to get 14 points John. 

Looking at our fixtures that seems a huge challenge and big club was a strong chance of at least 1 point.

His words not mine!

9 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

"Win lose or draw we stick together"

He said that 3 times like it's his mantra.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/videos/

He said nothing of use, very generic comments but he did slip in that 50points is the target that is what he was brought in for.

Get us to 50 points. 

Well you've got 15 games to get 14 points John. 

Looking at our fixtures that seems a huge challenge and big club was a strong chance of at least 1 point.

His words not mine!

The majority of managers just say generic comments.

They must get fucked off with having to do all these interviews all the time?

"So John, you lost today, what went wrong?"

It must take some self control to not respond with

"Well you saw the fucking game didn't you? What the fuck do you think, we didn't score as many as they did!"

JDT spoilt us with his constant digs at maggot and the owners. His jokes about the bus were fucking gold. And he'll forever be a legend in my eyes for his "ask Suhail and the owners" comments.

• Like 3