BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I quite like that formation. I’m left wondering why it didn’t work better last night.

I thought Defensively we were better as we didn't give them many open and clear chances from open play like under JDT but attacking wise we couldn't get into the right areas. Gallagher tried but Dean and Roberts had his number all night

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

And let me guess....we need a few transfer windows to get the squad to a level Eustace is happy with and can play his way....and so the never ending project continues.

Then they'll tell us we need to sell Szmodics and anothers because they don't fit Eustace's 'style' and we need to generate the funds to allow him to bring his own players in.

The new era. They're conning us.

Our first priority this summer has to be find a first choice number 9 who can score 10/15 plus goals for us next season

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I thought Defensively we were better as we didn't give them many open and clear chances from open play like under JDT but attacking wise we couldn't get into the right areas. Gallagher tried but Dean and Roberts had his number all night

Centre forward is the hardest position to play on the pitch. That’s why good ones go for big bucks. If you’re playing against two centre halves it’s harder still. The service you get from the rest of the team will make or break you.

Regarding your first sentence - as I say, I didn’t see the game last night, but other people are saying on another night the score could have been really embarrassing.

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

And let me guess....we need a few transfer windows to get the squad to a level Eustace is happy with and can play his way....and so the never ending project continues.

Then they'll tell us we need to sell Szmodics and anothers because they don't fit Eustace's 'style' and we need to generate the funds to allow him to bring his own players in.

The new era. They're conning us.

This.This.This.

A football club needs 11 good footballers who can get results and a manager who gets the best out of them, however it takes. 

Too many want to be mini Brighton, mini Peps. Styles, brands etc total rubbish. We now have lots of nice Under 23 style players.

The project is just sell what we can...

We never replaced Graham adequately.

Sadly we've put all our eggs in this mantra, of that's how we play. A conversation that never existed 20 years ago.

Edited by Bronzed A Donis
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Centre forward is the hardest position to play on the pitch. That’s why good ones go for big bucks. If you’re playing against two centre halves it’s harder still. The service you get from the rest of the team will make or break you.

Regarding your first sentence - as I say, I didn’t see the game last night, but other people are saying on another night the score could have been really embarrassing.

I thought we were better defensive from open play. Marc Roberts had 2 great chances from set pieces. Tyler Roberts had a great 2 chance, one in the first half from open play and another one from Pears mistake. Dembele missed a chance but wasn't even on target

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My goodness, we could have conceded 5 or 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Our first priority this summer has to be find a first choice number 9 who can score 10/15 plus goals for us next season

Wishful thinking!

IMO, Broughton's recruitment stinks bar the odd exception.

Speaking of Broughton, where the feck is our DOF hiding.

IMO, Broughton is that bad Rovers may as well make you DOF Chaddy.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes we were so tight at the back we didn't give any chances away. Spot on mate haha

44 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Sammi was forced to come deeper and deeper. Ironically i think Gallagher coming back and Moran being dropped has strangled the supply line (of course losing A Wharton hasn’t helped either)

But a response on Saturday is needed

I think you're right.

Losing Wharton is huge as he was a key player and the fact he is playing in the first team already in a PL team whilst fleck sits on our bench or Ennis took months to "bed in "  shows his abilities.  He will be missed.

Sammie has done well without gally so now he is back it's a different dimension

Moran, well what can we do. 15 more games til his loan deal finishes 

50 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I think this is a case of be careful what you wish for, as far as people moaning about playing style

The football under John Eustace will not be as expansive as it was under JDT or even Mowbray. It will be very much about doing the right things at the back and trying to generate them counters, set pieces or moments of brilliance to get a goal at the other end

Some days it will come off - Stoke - and others you will feel a sense of frustration

It doesnt have to be one extreme or another. We dont have the personnel to be so insistent on playing out from the back. Equally we dont have the personnel to aimlessly punt it long every single time.

Peoples reactions will be determined by results. Win and play pretty well as we did v Stoke directly or pick a random win this season under Tomasson, it will get praise. Play like we did last night or v QPR and criticism will come and people will point to how we played.

• Like 2

JE is reported as being a Waggot choice not GB choice.

A yes man for the club to take focus away from owners 

JDT was a lose canon with the media that owners didn't like 

Listen to the podcast

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24118795.arte-et-labore-tomasson-eustace-blackburns-manic-fortnight/

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Listen to the podcast

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24118795.arte-et-labore-tomasson-eustace-blackburns-manic-fortnight/

After jdt, waggott needed a yes man

Eustace just another plonker. We are going down

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought we were better defensive from open play. Marc Roberts had 2 great chances from set pieces. Tyler Roberts had a great 2 chance, one in the first half from open play and another one from Pears mistake. Dembele missed a chance but wasn't even on target

So they could've and should've scored 5.

But we were better defensively than how JDT set us up?

Edited by TugaysMarlboro

1 game and it's already Eustace out. Wow. I've not looked, but I bet there have been a few of our best managers that have lost their first game. Perhaps we should have rotating managers like the hosts of Have I Got News For You, or hold a raffle for fans to have a go at the next game. 

How the hell can someone come into this club and then magically stop it being some sort of insane crap show within a week when the clowns are still in place? And how do you expect a head coach to rid us of those clowns? Buy the club? Launch a tactical nuke to Pune? 

• Like 2

I may have missed them, but has anyone actually said that they want him out?

Obviously its early days, his first proper game in charge. But we made a clear and considerable change to go from overplaying to blind launching it up the field. We know the players probably more than Eustace, so we can have strong opinions on how we feel that will go, and how it did go last night.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I may have missed them, but has anyone actually said that they want him out?

Obviously its early days, his first proper game in charge. But we made a clear and considerable change to go from overplaying to blind launching it up the field. We know the players probably more than Eustace, so we can have strong opinions on how we feel that will go, and how it did go last night.

Yes they certainly did. I think it was on the Brum match thread.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Wishful thinking!

IMO, Broughton's recruitment stinks bar the odd exception.

Speaking of Broughton, where the feck is our DOF hiding.

IMO, Broughton is that bad Rovers may as well make you DOF Chaddy.

Yes, where indeed, and still no-one has come forward to take responsibility for the MacGuire fiasco.

If no-one is sacked for it, I will definitely be erring towards it being sabotage.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

1 game and it's already Eustace out. Wow. I've not looked, but I bet there have been a few of our best managers that have lost their first game.

Kenny lost his first official game away at Swindon, then got pumped 3-0 by Southend a couple of weeks later.

Souness only won 3 of his first 10 in charge.

Hughes only won 2 of his first 15 in charge.

While last night was dire of course it's not always a new manager bounce, the squad is unbalanced and poor, and will only stay up because there are 3 worse teams below us, no matter who is in the dug out.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

Listen to the podcast

Reported in the podcast? Can’t listen to it but who is saying that JE is Waggots man? (I suspected but is it now known?)

• Like 1